Melbourne Football

Round 2 | 19th of October | Melbourne VS CCM

Jimmy

On the mauk bandwagon for kewell if he doesn't come up for tommorow. But knowing JA he'll pick the older player in Kalmar.

kalmar's 24/25 so really not that old... plus he's shown his quality before and definitely has the potential to win and change games

Listen i'm not going to go into another Kalmar rant because most people on here know my view on him, but the statement i have highlighted above, is just so wrong and has no evidence whatsoever that i literally had to sit down to read it. Not having a go at you mate, but this is just so untrue i had to say something.

Lol but he does have the potential to win and change games

No he doesn't. Present some evidence mate. He plays well but there is no way you can say on what he has shown so far that he even has the potential to change games. Maybe a solid squad player at best.

Edited by kingofhearts

On the mauk bandwagon for kewell if he doesn't come up for tommorow. But knowing JA he'll pick the older player in Kalmar.

kalmar's 24/25 so really not that old... plus he's shown his quality before and definitely has the potential to win and change games

Listen i'm not going to go into another Kalmar rant because most people on here know my view on him, but the statement i have highlighted above, is just so wrong and has no evidence whatsoever that i literally had to sit down to read it. Not having a go at you mate, but this is just so untrue i had to say something.

I rate Kalmar. Holds the ball up well, can pass and shoot. Handy backup for Harry.

In our first season, where we won 8 games, Kalmar effectively won 2 of those. There was our first win against NQ Fury, where Kalmar scored with a header, and our away win against the Newcastle Jets, where Kalmar scored with a brilliant overhead kick (Sibon scored a superfluous pen in the final minute of Injury time to make it 2-0).

Kalmar just about missed the whole of our second second with a back injury. He didn't start once, and he only played in 3 games (for a total of 171 minutes).

Last season Kalmar started in 10 games (and played for 908 minutes, so he effectively played 10 full games). He definitely changed our second home match against Perth, where he scored a cracking free kick and was MOTM. He also helped spark our 3-1 win against Sydney at AAMI, scoring the first goal with a tidy finish inside the box.

Hopefully Kalmar can stay injury free and find some consistency this season. He may not be a world beater,  but Kalmar definitely has the potential to be a strong A-League player, who can change games.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 5

In our first season, where we won 8 games, Kalmar effectively won 2 of those. There was our first win against NQ Fury, where Kalmar scored with a header, and our away win against the Newcastle Jets, where Kalmar scored with a brilliant overhead kick (Sibon scored a superfluous pen in the final minute of Injury time to make it 2-0).

Kalmar just about missed the whole of our second second with a back injury. He didn't start once, and he only played in 3 games (for a total of 171 minutes).

Last season Kalmar started in 10 games (and played for 908 minutes, so he effectively played 10 full games). He definitely changed our second home match against Perth, where he scored a cracking free kick and was MOTM. He also helped spark our 3-1 win against Sydney at AAMI, scoring the first goal with a tidy finish inside the box.

Hopefully Kalmar can stay injury free and find some consistency this season. He may not be a world beater,  but Kalmar definitely has the potential to be a strong A-League player, who can change games.

Very well written, obviously the injuries have hampered his career quite servilely, maybe just focusing too much on him missing games, listen i hope he does prove me wrong, would love for him to succeed, but will just be about how healthy he can stay.

and you think Mauk does have the potential to change and win games? lol..

Not at all mate, was just wanting one of our youth players who has played quite well in the pre-season to be given a go over someone who seems to never be able to string games together. We're about giving youth a fair go anyway aren't we?

I think the thing about Kalmar is that while he's inconsistent (mostly injury-related), he has superb technical ability on the ball which is almost uncanny for a midfielder of his height in the A-League, he takes players on with his dribbling, can head the ball accurately, volley and has a lethal long-range shot on him. 

If we can actually get him even up to 80% fitness, he could be devastating for us. It's just a matter of keeping him out on the park rather than just for 20 minute bursts.

Agreed, I want Kalmar on the park tomorrow if Kewell isn't. That being said, if he is to make something of his career, then this is the year to show it. He is peaking physically and like Nate said, has the technical ability to carve up opposition defences. 

We need more out of Williams and Mate. And as some bloke said on Heart's Facebook page, less Hoffman, more Walker!

• Like 2

Desperate for a clean sheet tomorrow, I want to be the best defensive team in the league. Will struggle for goals tomorrow which reinforces how paramount a clean sheet is. Will need more from Williams and Mebrahtu this week, they have to prove that we can score without Mifsud and Kewell if he is to miss. Melbourne Heart 1-0, 70th minute set piece where Kisnorbo heads home. Snatch and grab.

I'm lucky enough to take public transport in today, is it worth going past flinders st to Richmond and walk back or just walk from flinders?

It's probably a bit closer to walk from Richmond.

Or take the 75 tram from flinders and get off at stop...12 or 13 I think

When Kalmar is on he is very good. I think he is the only player in our squad that is able to hold the ball, to the point where he often seems untackleable. His passing can be very creative, and his shooting is pretty good. His issue is that there is a huge difference between his best and worst, and more often than not his worst is very quiet. I think he is one of the few player in our side that can really dictate whether we play well or not. Too many others like Williams, Gol Gol, Dugandzic and Behich can have variances in their form without really affecting the rest of the side. Kalmar is the kind of player that when he plays well brings others into the game and makes us much more dangerous. 

• Like 2

I'm lucky enough to take public transport in today, is it worth going past flinders st to Richmond and walk back or just walk from flinders?

It's probably a bit closer to walk from Richmond.

Or take the 75 tram from flinders and get off at stop...12 or 13 I think

I believe it is the no. 70 Wattle Park tram which runs to Swan Street.

Peter is correct in that the no. 70 tram to Wattle Park runs to Swan Street. It goes round the back of the tennis centre and there is a specific stop for AAMI Park just before it turns left into Swan Street and heads west to Punt Road, Richmond Station and onwards.

That stop is no. 7D.

See http://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Routes/PDFs/940_Tram70.pdf

Edited by jw1739

First home game as a Heart member today so pretty pumped!! Would be happy with a draw today though.

Keen to see the reaction to the goal song if we score today. Will be very interesting

I think the fans will get up offa that thing, and dance til they feel better.

• Like 1