Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Mifsud certainly shouldn't be picked out of last weeks game as an example of ordinary play as it was, quite comfortably, his best game that I've seen so far (against a very bad Sydney defence, granted). However by the same token, one swallow doesn't make a summer and the rest of his performances have been substantially below par, last week should be the minimum output/effort we see from him.

Mifsud certainly shouldn't be picked out of last weeks game as an example of ordinary play as it was, quite comfortably, his best game that I've seen so far (against a very bad Sydney defence, granted). However by the same token, one swallow doesn't make a summer and the rest of his performances have been substantially below par, last week should be the minimum output/effort we see from him.

Realistically, who are we going to replace him with? D-Mac? - do me a favour. Last time I saw him was in the pre-season against Oakleigh when he didn't threaten even a VPL defence. Golgol? - do me another favour - can't run out more than 20min.

AFAIK there isn't even a no. 9 being groomed in the youth team.

Again, a failure in recruitment not to have another no. 9 in the combined squad.

Management failure. It all comes back every time to management failure. Nothing else. It's not bad luck, injuries, the weather, or any other outside factor. It's management failure.

Will score in the derby...

and it will be in injury time to win

I wish, but if you look at the last season and a half there's one team that's more likely to regularly concede in the last few minutes of a game So it will have to take something out from left field for that to happen, but for us to win it would be something out from left field too right?

Stranger things have happened.

Will score in the derby...

and it will be in injury time to win I wish, but if you look at the last season and a half there's one team that's more likely to regularly concede in the last few minutes of a game So it will have to take something out from left field for that to happen, but for us to win it would be something out from left field too right?

Stranger things have happened.

If he scores in the 10th or 90th min and we win who cares lol......Just a win over the visitors is a must!. It's taken this long it kind of feels like it is meant to be that our first win is against them

I thought he showed some passion v Sydney -- yeah we've paid overs , and his finishing sucks , but he finally scored , maybe he's turned the corner and we'll get a goal out of him in the derby .

If he scores and we win -- I'll put 11 on my back !!

:huh: - eternal optimist  

Edited by ForestHeart
  • Like 1

I thought he showed some passion v Sydney -- yeah we've paid overs , and his finishing sucks , but he finally scored , maybe he's turned the corner and we'll get a goal out of him in the derby .

Already got the 11 mate.

Just have a feeling if we play well on the counter with Kewell feeding him and with Contreras and Princess Leijer in the centre of defense, he can use his pave to his advantage n slot 1 or 2 in the back of the net.

We'll see

• Like 2

Already got the 11 mate.

Just have a feeling if we play well on the counter with Kewell feeding him and with Contreras and Princess Leijer in the centre of defense, he can use his pave to his advantage n slot 1 or 2 in the back of the net.

We'll see

Hope you're on the money libba -- 2 goals would be good  ;)

Already got the 11 mate.

We'll see

Hope you're on the money libba -- 2 goals would be good ;)

3 would be even better!!!!

My god that would be mental.

I think id go off my chops lmao

Ive always thought he has showed passion. i think we need to give him time. He has broken his duck. Hopefully he gains confidence from Sydney Away. I did like how he was the first person to get to Harry and tell him keep his chin up after the penalty miss. 

• Like 4

im still hopefull this bloke can turn it around. 

so far tbh, hes been utterly diabolical but ive seen the last couple of weeks that hes got quite a bit in his locker, even though it looks like hes playing with no confidence at all. 

I actually reckon he will turn it around,

He is still consistently finding himself in "One on One" situations that very few other players in the league besides Berisha ever do...

• Like 6

so far tbh, hes been utterly diabolical but ive seen the last couple of weeks that hes got quite a bit in his locker, even though it looks like hes playing with no confidence at all. 

He is still consistently finding himself in "One on One" situations that very few other players in the league besides Berisha ever do...

he is getting in positions, but his first or second touch have let him down .... I really hope he comes to the party and starts scoring consistently, perhaps the goal last week will be the monkey off the back

I was just saying the exact same thing to a Victory mate this morning and he totally agreed.

Hes actually a little worried he'll score a couple pon em on Saturday as well.

Might put a sneaky bet on first goal scorer

thats right

and because he is playing with no confidence, when he is through 1 v 1, hes thinking 'what happens if i miss'  rather than 'this is mine'....