Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

16 hours ago, Mr MO said:

What did he say? 

Said it comes down to a couple of things.

The competition in our squad, "for me everyone the same, it doesn't matter how good your resume is, you need to obviously perform in training".

Also, "its time, like same with Leckie, it takes time to understand what we wanna do here with the game model, so its not just a flick of the switch which would be nice", "and its trying to make it as easy as a transition as possible so when called upon theres no sort of hiccups its into it and again I'm not going to rush into decisions that you know the player won't excel...so again that decision is thinking about other things as well".

I mean for a such a naturally confident guy he does not come across that way at all in press conferences, very unsure of his words and does not inspire confidence for mine. His answer would make sense in round 2, but after not having seen the guy basically the entire season, and having given him no chances to actually learn the "game model" especially when Leckie has been given every minute possible despite being terrible at it, it kind of doesn't hold true. Thought the journos could have gone much harder but meh. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the transcription, which looks even worse in writing than when delivered orally. I'm quite happy to forgive and understand PK for not being fluent with words when asked a difficult question - not everyone is a gifted orator - but the worry for me is that there is no real substance in the answer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Thanks for the transcription, which looks even worse in writing than when delivered orally. I'm quite happy to forgive and understand PK for not being fluent with words when asked a difficult question - not everyone is a gifted orator - but the worry for me is that there is no real substance in the answer. 

Well as Aardvark already points out, it's contradicting a fair bit .

''Everybody is the same in my eyes, they need to earn their spot, difficult system etc''......In the same breath he mentions Leckie despite earlier in the season it was obvious that he was not fit and not familiar with system but got plenty of game time still.

Essentially he is blaming the player, the guy is handpicked, decent resume and is in a marquee salary cap bracket. He is being talked about like he is an expendable player, such comments in a salary capped league make me furious really. I thought we were passed this stage with critical marquee and visa players. Also PK hasn't been able to judge him at A-league level.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

On 05/02/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mr MO said:

Well as Aardvark already points out, it's contradicting a fair bit .

''Everybody is the same in my eyes, they need to earn their spot, difficult system etc''......In the same breath he mentions Leckie despite earlier in the season it was obvious that he was not fit and not familiar with system but got plenty of game time still.

Essentially he is blaming the player, the guy is handpicked, decent resume and is in a marquee salary cap bracket. He is being talked about like he is an expendable player, such comments in a salary capped league make me furious really. I thought we were passed this stage with critical marquee and visa players. Also PK hasn't been able to judge him at A-league level.

Everybody is the same, except Leckie who is played regardless of form, and JMac, who he will not sub, even when he is completely out of legs, and could do with some new energy up front in the dying moments of a game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Needs a rocket up his arse. Doesn't look as though he's managing the squad well. The Pucci issue has gone on too long now and needs to be resolved, because it's not a good look for the club (or the League for that matter). And Endoh could possibly go the same way - if you sign a player for only six months then every match that passes and he doesn't play is a waste.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I have read this several times and still bewildered. 

He has a point. PK as a coach, yelling instructions to PK as a player. See if he would like it. 

The guy never stops yelling instructions to which 99% of the time no one even hears or acknowledges. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, n i k o said:

He has a point. PK as a coach, yelling instructions to PK as a player. See if he would like it. 

The guy never stops yelling instructions to which 99% of the time no one even hears or acknowledges. 

I reckon PK player and PK coach would end up in a fight. As a result PK player sits on the bench for the complete season on a handsome salary. Becoming the most expensive player on per minute basis in the leagues history.

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I reckon PK player and PK coach would end up in a fight. As a result PK player sits on the bench for the complete season on a handsome salary. Becoming the most expensive player on per minute basis in the leagues history.

I would point out to you that your comment infers that PK coach would sub a player and use his bench to which I have a lot of doubt. 

But you could be right. A fight could trigger a benching. Leckie on the other hand could punch PKs mother and still start games. 

Edited by n i k o

OK, I know I have been quite vocal about my misgivings with PK as a coach.  But, he drives me fkn insane. He's like one of those Used Car Yard blow up things that are constantly flapping round in the wind.

At the game last night, he literally spent 99% of the time playing the game from the sidelines telling the players where to run constantly.  I swear, it unsettles them.  They will often turn and give him dirty looks.  It must fuck with their concentration and be super fucking annoying.  It is horrible to watch.

Does he really need to tell Jenkins, a guy with EPL experience, to move 5m this way or that ... constantly?

I sensed some dissention last night ... once again, the subs looked pissed.  There was one time where a ball rolled to a sub on the bench from general play (couldnt tell who it was) and PK instructed him to throw it quickly to our player.  The sub just rolled it away and PK fired up at him.

With bout 15 minutes to go, our assistants seemed to be trying to convince PK to make subs ... a bunch of our guys were cooked, CCM were having a red hot go, and they had fresh legs on the pitch.  He basically shut them down ... sternly saying "just wait" ... they sat down and looked mighty pissed.

This guy has an outstanding squad, who are winning despite his coaching insanity.  

Edited by Torn Asunder

2 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

OK, I know I have been quite vocal about my misgivings with PK as a coach.  But, he drives me fkn insane. He's like one of those Used Car Yard blow up things that are constantly flapping round in the wind.

At the game last night, he literally spent 99% of the time playing the game from the sidelines telling the players where to run constantly.  I swear, it unsettles them.  They will often turn and give him dirty looks.  It must fuck with their concentration and be super fucking annoying.  It is horrible to watch.

Does he really need to tell Jenkins, a guy with EPL experience, to move 5m this way or that ... constantly?

I sensed some dissention last night ... once again, the subs looked pissed.  There was one time where a ball rolled to a sub on the bench from general play (couldnt tell who it was) and PK instructed him to throw it quickly to our player.  The sub just rolled it away and PK fired up at him.

With bout 15 minutes to go, our assistants seemed to be trying to convince PK to make subs ... a bunch of our guys were cooked, CCM were having a red hot go, and they had fresh legs on the pitch.  He basically shut them down ... sternly saying "just wait" ... they sat down and looked mighty pissed.

This guy has an outstanding squad, who are winning despite his coaching insanity.  

I remember seeing PK shout to Nabbout to move somewhere and then he did it and Nabbout just looked confused why he was told to move to that specific area, I remember seeing him throwing his hands up like 'wtf was the point of that" PK certainly seems like a perfectionist to say the least 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Zanty said:

I remember seeing PK shout to Nabbout to move somewhere and then he did it and Nabbout just looked confused why he was told to move to that specific area, I remember seeing him throwing his hands up like 'wtf was the point of that" PK certainly seems like a perfectionist to say the least 

Did he shout “remember what happened to Pucci when he didn’t listen, don’t be like Pucci!”

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

He deserves credit for what he's doing at training as we truly do look a step above the rest of the league in general play, but damn his matchday performance is so frustrating.

He's got to sort the defensive lapses out asap and then we're golden. We keep dropping dumb points and we'll find ourselves coming up short at the pointy end of the season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nate said:

He deserves credit for what he's doing at training as we truly do look a step above the rest of the league in general play, but damn his matchday performance is so frustrating.

He's got to sort the defensive lapses out asap and then we're golden. We keep dropping dumb points and we'll find ourselves coming up short at the pointy end of the season.

Indeed. If we'd have held on to the leads we'd established, we'd be over the hill and far away by now. Oppo now know we're fragile and that they can get back into matches, and that's a big psychological weakness for us. Bugger up the next three, which would be easy to do given our fragility and the opposition we're playing, we'll be back into mid table also rans.

• Like 1

The goals we score are generally good, but we play with tension, and our set up at times seems brittle. Most goals against us, its like the boys know that its from our own fuck ups.

PK seriously is a horror show on the sidelines ... I've honestly seen him pointing one way with his left hand and the other with his right hand at the same time.  Often what he is telling the players doesn't make sense and I get a sense that our assistant coaches have very little ability to influence him on match day ... they, like the subs are also starting to look disillusioned 

• Like 3

I can understand him getting frustrated at times but for goodness sake Patty calm down and let the boys play . he is driving me insane with all his micro management  and dancing around pointing and screaming at players. it is no wonder that the players are getting confused when he tells them where to run to etc.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

I can understand him getting frustrated at times but for goodness sake Patty calm down and let the boys play . he is driving me insane with all his micro management  and dancing around pointing and screaming at players. it is no wonder that the players are getting confused when he tells them where to run to etc.

He needs a mute or freeze button.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

I think he is a poor manager. He is very lucky to have had the quality of players in the team to make him look good.

• Like 2

He has to go after this season. This club deserves a proper manager.

It’s becoming more and more obvious to me that inherited only systems and individual quality keep this team going and as well won us the league last year.

This season under different harder circumstances and with the opportunity to recruit his own players, I now highly doubt that he’s worthy of the resources at his disposal.

The new expensive recruits besides Leckie aren’t giving the boost you would expect. Jenkinson isn’t a City full back and doesn’t suit our play going forward. Pucci is a major recruiting failure and Endoh looks ok but not good enough for game time in the eyes of PK.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Sitting second on the ladder with the real chance to be in the final again. That's a tick from the management. If we make out of the champions group, that's a new contract. 

Remember finals don’t matter anymore, it’s winning the league what matters for the ACL.

40 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He has to go after this season. This club deserves a proper manager.

It’s becoming more and more obvious  to me that inherited systems and individual quality keep this team going and as well won us the league last year.

This season under different harder circumstances and with opportunity to recruit his own players. I now highly doubt that he’s worthy of the resources at his disposal.

The new expensive recruits besides Leckie aren’t giving the boost you would expect. Jenkinson isn’t a City full back and doesn’t suit our play going forward. Pucci is a major recruiting failure and Endoh looks ok but not good enough for game time in the eyes of PK.

Two visa players that we now don't bother to play.

What was the point of signing them?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Bloke was a cult hero for us, in all fairness. The tackle against Berisha to stop a goal will live with me for a long time.

That was one of the best tackles I've seen, extra delicious as it was against Berisha, and he was just about to score

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I was a stakeholder (some will say lucky I’m not).

But if we don’t get out of the easiest historical ACL group then this is 100% on PK - he can’t remain as the Melbourne City Coach next season for sure.

The depleted squad due to injuries, poor recruitment and awful squad management are his responsibility, no excuses there. Next to this, he’s shown to have no tactical ability to actually win games if an individual player doesn’t stand up.

Football is a result game, he needs to go. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

If I was a stakeholder (some will say lucky I’m not).

But if we don’t get out of the easiest historical ACL group then this is 100% on PK - he can’t remain as the Melbourne City Coach next season for sure.

The depleted squad due to injuries, poor recruitment and awful squad management are his responsibility, no excuses there. Next to this, he’s shown to have no tactical ability to actually win games if an individual player doesn’t stand up.

Football is a result game, he needs to go. 

Mmmm.

Lets say we get out of the group. 

Lets say WU drop a points and we win League.

Both highly probable. Being a results game would you then concede he needs to continue? 

Or do you think regardless of the above 2 possible outcomes he needs to go just because of his general management, as you eluded to above. 

I'm of the opinion that the results are not too crucial in deciding on a coach, more important is man management, player development and  style of play, and if you get those things right results will follow. 

I'm still undecided on PK, he has several really annoying attributes but he also has several really positive aspects. 

10 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Mmmm.

Lets say we get out of the group. 

Lets say WU drop a points and we win League.

Both highly probable. Being a results game would you then concede he needs to continue? 

Or do you think regardless of the above 2 possible outcomes he needs to go just because of his general management, as you eluded to above. 

I'm of the opinion that the results are not too crucial in deciding on a coach, more important is man management, player development and  style of play, and if you get those things right results will follow. 

I'm still undecided on PK, he has several really annoying attributes but he also has several really positive aspects. 

IMO the solution is to recognise that although he might get results those other aspects you refer to are not his strong points. Or don't appear to be. It may be that the players are all perfectly happy with it all - I don't know. But from the fan perspective some of his decisions are very perplexing indeed, and I don't think our style of play is what it was last season.

Sacking him would be harsh, but IMO the club would be wise to move him on. We've got everything going for us as part of CFG whether we hate it or not, at least two other coaches acknowledge us as the benchmark club, and we need to demonstrate that every season.

I didn't want to open this can of worms, not progressing out of the weakest group.  We avoided all Japan and Korea heavyweights. Facing against 2nd division Korea club. As this is our inaugural international competition,  PK is probably covered.  We currently have two wins,  same as Mumbai City. 

Our game has gone down this season.  However,  results and standing are still here. In some more football country they would question his team management.  He will move when he wants it.