Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Have you read the vitriol from the fans? They've got the biggest budget in the league, biggest squad. Were relegated because of points deducttion. The fans expect an immediate return and Popa signed his sons. All has not gone down well with the fan base. 

Not directly but have heard they not happy regarding his sons from twitter. In terms of the squad isn't it brand new as everyone left due to the relegation/not knowing what league they'll be in due to some court action about the points? See what happens but doubt he will be going anywhere soon due to the new owners 

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Have you read the vitriol from the fans? They've got the biggest budget in the league, biggest squad. Were relegated because of points deducttion. The fans expect an immediate return and Popa signed his sons. All has not gone down well with the fan base. 

Can’t believe he takes his sons with him wherever he goes. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

PK barked his instructions.  That seems to be enough to qualify him as a head coach. He could be a good assistant coach but that position shouldn't automatically translate in giving him a head coach job.

What are the rumors?  Who is the next coach. PK would slip back.

I would give it to Scott Miller 

The obvious reaction from the couch is this bloke is out of his depth, and if he continues and actually if the team continues to play like it is his career as a coach is gone.

Does he have the ability to turn things around? will the players back him? Will management persist?

Now his survival basically comes down to points, he needs results and because of that watch the cautious shit over the next month. 

This has that terrible Aloisi period written all over it,  but now we have way better standard of players. 

Our shitness yes is generally from the players but ultimately the head coach is responsible. 

Another 3 losses in the 5 or 6 games I think he must be replaced. 

On 05/02/2021 at 3:09 PM, Mr MO said:

Maybe we should ask our biggest PK hater on the forum (and probably outside the forum too) what he thinks of it?

I’m ready for some entertainment.

I’ve been trying to keep out of it...but fuck it.

PK is known for ghosting so I wouldn’t be surprised.
This piece of shit started the rot with his back stabbing when he took on a coaching role with the youth. Couldn’t coach then either, it’s lucky he had Palatsides kids otherwise he would’ve been stopped way back then. It’s also lucky he was Jess Fishlock’s assistant otherwise the women wouldn’t have won shit. The bloke has been rotting the club from the inside out for the chance to stand where he is right now. He was part of the clean out from behind closed doors after the JVS exit. I’ve been saying it for years and get mocked but I talk facts. He’s a buffoon who is tactically inept, and you know what? the players know it. He confuses the fuck out of them with his stupid instructions at the wrong time from the line, especially the kids. The adults think he’s a flog, regardless of what they say on camera. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been on the blower to fuckhead Joyce for a way out of it. If you think Ramy wants to come back while he’s there think again, he’s getting a game now, even in the shit we’re in he’d be nothing more than a benchwarmer. Petrillo is another one. Absolute garbage both of them.

1 minute ago, Mork said:

This piece of shit started the rot with his back stabbing when he took on a coaching role with the youth. Couldn’t coach then either, it’s lucky he had Palatsides kids otherwise he would’ve been stopped way back then. It’s also lucky he was Jess Fishlock’s assistant otherwise the women wouldn’t have won shit. The bloke has been rotting the club from the inside out for the chance to stand where he is right now. He was part of the clean out from behind closed doors after the JVS exit. I’ve been saying it for years and get mocked but I talk facts. He’s a buffoon who is tactically inept, and you know what? the players know it. He confuses the fuck out of them with his stupid instructions at the wrong time from the line, especially the kids. The adults think he’s a flog, regardless of what they say on camera. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been on the blower to fuckhead Joyce for a way out of it. If you think Ramy wants to come back while he’s there think again, he’s getting a game now, even in the shit we’re in he’d be nothing more than a benchwarmer. Petrillo is another one. Absolute garbage both of them.

You only get (somewhat) mocked because you’re heavy on insults and judgment and light on reasons. Are you an ex-player who got cut because of him? Did you work at the club and lose your job because of something he did? Why do you hold such a low opinion of him? I think we’re all just curious.

Nevertheless it’s an amusing post.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

You only get (somewhat) mocked because you’re heavy on insults and judgment and light on reasons. Are you an ex-player who got cut because of him? Did you work at the club and lose your job because of something he did? Why do you hold such a low opinion of him? I think we’re all just curious.

Nevertheless it’s an amusing post.  

I’m glad you find it amusing, @Mr MO asked for it so I thought I’d deliver something. You owe me one in the future @Mr MO. Kisnorbo is a snake, if you know him and his wants, without stars in the eyes, then you’ll know that. I’m none of the things you say but know what I know very well.

I’ll trot off. Hopefully next time I post both of them have got the ass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mork said:

I’m glad you find it amusing, @Mr MO asked for it so I thought I’d deliver something. You owe me one in the future @Mr MO. Kisnorbo is a snake, if you know him and his wants, without stars in the eyes, then you’ll know that. I’m none of the things you say but know what I know very well.

I’ve got it - you are an ex lover of PK?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mork said:

can't wait for the reveal all moment when they get sacked

1 hour ago, Mork said:

If he was part of the clean out why was he retained? 

Had a chat with my old man and his mate, who both work together coaching many years at a reasonably high state level of football and both think Kisnorbo has lost the team already and believe he doesn't have much of a clue what he's doing. 

We've got a strong team. No way are we bottom four. In fact we should be top 4 as a minimum. Bare minimum. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Had a chat with my old man and his mate, who both work together coaching many years at a reasonably high state level of football and both think Kisnorbo has lost the team already and believe he doesn't have much of a clue what he's doing. 

We've got a strong team. No way are we bottom four. In fact we should be top 4 as a minimum. Bare minimum. 

Even with bad injuries and form, absolutely we are a top 4 team. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, n i k o said:

They basing that on what they have seen on TV? Or something else?

Wow, we're going in a bit heavy aren't we? Assassinating his character as well as his football coaching ability. He's not actually responsible for everything at the club, and he's not actually on the pitch and can't be held accountable for stupid red cards, for the injuries, or for the fact that we had enough chances to win the Newy match hands down and that Maclaren and Luna couldn't hit a barn door at the moment.

IMO he's been sold short in terms of the squad at his disposal and I think any first-season coach would be struggling with what we've got.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Wow, we're going in a bit heavy aren't we? Assassinating his character as well as his football coaching ability. He's not actually responsible for everything at the club, and he's not actually on the pitch and can't be held accountable for stupid red cards, for the injuries, or for the fact that we had enough chances to win the Newy match hands down and that Maclaren and Luna couldn't hit a barn door at the moment.

IMO he's been sold short in terms of the squad at his disposal and I think any first-season coach would be struggling with what we've got.

It's becoming more evident that there's some serious issues here. 3 losses in a row and the way in which we've lost them, the evident discipline issue we have had. We have retained a majority of the players from last season. Going from 2nd to what looks like last position, in one season, appears to point to the manager in charge. 

Actually besides one person who evidently has it out for him,  I don't think any one else has said anything about his character. Very much playing the ball, not the man. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We’ve got a better squad than 9th victory with game in hand could be above us tommorow. We have a better squad than CCM, Brisbane, WSW, Jets, Glory, Western, Victory list goes on. 

His press conference from The Jets game, he’s in denial. We are better than 3 losses in a row, 4 losses in 5 and worst start under CFG ever.

Kisnorbo not the only first time manager, Garcia at Glory, Adelaide, Victory, Brisbane ( coached at NPL, not Aleague). If he doesn’t win on Saturday he should walk or be sacked 

21 minutes ago, n i k o said:

It's becoming more evident that there's some serious issues here. 3 losses in a row and the way in which we've lost them, the evident discipline issue we have had. We have retained a majority of the players from last season. Going from 2nd to what looks like last position, in one season, appears to point to the manager in charge. 

Actually besides one person who evidently has it out for him,  I don't think any one else has said anything about his character. Very much playing the ball, not the man. 

I've no opinion on the personal allegations, but as I recall he did rather seem to fail upwards when managing the women's team. They were all over the place until he got 'help'. But he got most of the credit. He may be due it, he may not. I'm only inclined to reflect on what I know and what I can see. 

I still see people saying that our squad is so so good, wondering why we are in this situation. It must be the coach then?

Of course PK has issues and yes last year was amazing but this was just one season.

Our squad isn’t anything special, not now and not last season. Eric got the maximum out of it, our key players won’t get any better, we have budget visa players and only 1/2 a marquee player. Take Brillante out of it and the team is just on par with most A-league teams. Last year a lot of things went our way, it wasn’t always convincing. Jmac had his eye on goal which was all happy days but we didn’t smash the league either just the best of rest. 

Now with the above in mind it doesn’t take much for the fortunes to turn, football is a game of small margins. We have some injuries, opposition knows how we play now, they know our weaknesses than Jmac /Luna not scoring or clumpsy red cards and penalties and a coach who doesn’t know how to change strategy - it’s not surprising we find ourselves in this position.

It won’t take much to get out of this either and aim for top 4! 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

I still see people saying that our squad is so so good, wondering why we are in this situation. It must be the coach then?

Of course PK has issues and yes last year was amazing but this was just one season.

Our squad isn’t anything special not now and not last season. Eric got the maximum out of it, our key players won’t get any better, we have budget visa players and only 1/2 marquee player. Take Brillante out of it and the team is just on par with most A-league teams. Last year a lot of things went our way, it wasn’t always convincing. Jmac had his eye on goal which was all happy days but we didn’t smash the league either just the best of rest. 

Now with the above in mind it doesn’t take much for the fortunes to turn, football is a game of small margins. We have some injuries, opposition knows how we play now, they know our weaknesses than Jmac /Luna not scoring or clumpsy red cards and penalties - it’s not surprising we find ourselves in this position.

Top 4 is a minimum should be aiming for top 2 and we are from that. Don’t see us turning it around. 

we are awful away from home. This year conceded 6 goals and scored only 3. Front 3 are rigid no inspiration going forward.. midfield is lacking Brilliante and defence a shambles especially at set pieces 

Edited by CityBoyz

16 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Top 4 is a minimum should be aiming for top 2 and we are from that. Don’t see us turning it around. 

we are awful away from home. This year conceded 6 goals and scored only 3. Front 3 are rigid no inspiration going forward.. midfield is lacking Brilliante and defence a shambles especially at set pieces 

That’s why I’m debunking the theory that our squad is much better than most of the teams in the league. Perhaps  Eric and Brillante were paper over the cracks last year. 

The issues you mentioned about our forwards is the same as last year just minus the goals from Jmac as we still create just not lethal anymore. Game of thin margins and team out of form.

Edited by Mr MO

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Last year we came second. You didn’t rate the manager (fair enough, your choice). This year, very similar squad, we look light years from second, but that’s due to a poor squad?

You’ll have to explain your logic to me. I’ve missed it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Last year we came second. You didn’t rate the manager (fair enough, your choice). This year, very similar squad, we look light years from second, but that’s due to a poor squad?

You’ll have to explain your logic to me. I’ve missed it.

I have said that I don't rate Mombaerts as highly as many others do. And yes the starting line-up is similar, but a key departure was Brillante, and until Reis joined, IMO Delbridge. And we have replaced several scholarship players who have gone straight into other clubs' teams and replaced them with younger players.

And I haven't said that I rate Kisnorbo, but after six matches I feel we are going at him pretty hard.

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Our squad isn’t anything special, not now and not last season. Eric got the maximum out of it, our key players won’t get any better, we have budget visa players and only 1/2 a marquee player. Take Brillante out of it and the team is just on par with most A-league teams. Last year a lot of things went our way, it wasn’t always convincing. Jmac had his eye on goal which was all happy days but we didn’t smash the league either just the best of rest. 

Now with the above in mind it doesn’t take much for the fortunes to turn, football is a game of small margins. We have some injuries, opposition knows how we play now, they know our weaknesses than Jmac /Luna not scoring or clumpsy red cards and penalties and a coach who doesn’t know how to change strategy - it’s not surprising we find ourselves in this position.

In the words of the eminent expert, Craig Foster, good enough to beat central coast at 2 nil up, good enough to beat Newcastle, good enough to be Perth at home. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

In the words of the eminent expert, Craig Foster, good enough to beat central coast at 2 nil up, good enough to beat Newcastle, good enough to be Perth at home. 

But we didn’t win, what’s the definition of being good enough than - creating changes but not taken them?

Is Craig commenting on what he expects from us or what he sees on the pitch?

I hope we can all agree that we didn’t deserve anything out of the CCM game, not even to be 0-2 up. Newcastle and Perth perhaps a draw.

Edited by Mr MO

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I have said that I don't rate Mombaerts as highly as many others do. And yes the starting line-up is similar, but a key departure was Brillante, and until Reis joined, IMO Delbridge. And we have replaced several scholarship players who have gone straight into other clubs' teams and replaced them with younger players.

And I haven't said that I rate Kisnorbo, but after six matches I feel we are going at him pretty hard.

I agree, Brillante was an important player for us. But it's not a good enough reason to explain let's say losing from 2 nil up against central coast. 

You may feel that we are going at Kisnorbo pretty hard but doesn't 3 losses in a row warrant some heavy critique? If it doesn't then what you're doing is ignoring the losses, ignoring the discipline issues, ignoring the cracks appearing in his management style and basically living on faith and hope that things will turn around. 

If you're going to rely on a couple individual players to not be bottom of the ladder then I dare say your system of coaching isn't good enough to begin with. 

If we were let's say middle of the table or pushing the top four then you could argue having those couple extra positions filled can be the x factor difference. 

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

But we didn’t win, what’s the definition of being good enough than - creating changes but not taken them?

Is Craig commenting on what he expects from us or what he sees on the pitch?

I hope we can all agree that we didn’t deserve anything out of the CCM game, not even to be 0-2 up. Newcastle and Perth perhaps a draw.

I don't agree with your last comment. We had 20 minutes of that first half during which we scored the goals that we deserved them. The way we played the rest of the time warranted the end result though. 

Not sure what you mean by your first two questions but all I'm saying is our squad is good enough to get results from each of those games. 

Edited by n i k o

11 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I agree, Brillante was an important player for us. But it's not a good enough reason to explain let's say losing from 2 nil up against central coast. 

You may feel that we are going at Kisnorbo pretty hard but doesn't 3 losses in a row warrant some heavy critique? If it doesn't then what you're doing is ignoring the losses, ignoring the discipline issues, ignoring the cracks appearing in his management style and basically living on faith and hope that things will turn around. 

If you're going to rely on a couple individual players to not be bottom of the ladder then I dare say your system of coaching isn't good enough to begin with. 

If we were let's say middle of the table or pushing the top four then you could argue having those couple extra positions filled can be the x factor difference. 

Totally agree that we've really missed Brillante, an issue that has been particularly exacerbated by O'Neill's injury. I disagree to some level about missing Delbridge, other than the role injuries have played. By seasons end Delboi had lost his spot at CB and was filling in roles at full back. Had Jamo not gone baby catching there's every possibility Delbridge is coming off the bench in the finals series imo.
In saying that, if anyone is trying to say the DM is the difference between 2nd and 11th then i'm not sure if they've got bigger issues or Paddy. I certainly don't believe the league's 'quality' has increased over the off season, the entertainment factor has for sure, but when we look at net outs v ins i think the league has dropped slightly, so the suggestion that our squad is not good enough doesnt sit with me.

Most alarming to me is the total lack of tactical response in the past two games, and the apparent laissez-faire attitude of the players.

I reject any notion that Paddy isn't trying his best, but to me it seems like a rigid approach to playing the 'City way' and a total lack of pragmatism is driving us into the abyss, Valkanis-style.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

I reject any notion that Paddy isn't trying his best, but to me it seems like a rigid approach to playing the 'City way' and a total lack of pragmatism is driving us into the abyss, Valkanis-style.

Very important point that has been missed up to now. The "City Way" is all very well when you can simply buy the  the talent - and keep buying it - but it's got no chance when you are on a budget that is a fraction of that of Manchester City. We're in the "cut your coat according to the cloth" category.

• Like 2