Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

We currently have next to no proper legends at our but Paddy deserves to go down as one. Gave it his all to just every game but every contest, was everything you could ask in a captain. Rapt he's staying around at the club as a coach.

Thanks for everything Norbs'!

8 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Was trying to find a quote from him, where Kisnorbo summarised himself perfectly (paraphrasing): "I'm not the most technical player, but I give everything for the team". And that really rings trues IMO. A classic defender, with a superb work-rate that set the example for all other teammates. A tower of strength, and arguably the best last-ditch defender in the league, who produced unforgettable moments like this:

Has to go down as a real club great/legend. Probably this club's best ever captain. And now the club will have to work incredibly hard to recruit enough leadership and high work-rate players to try and compensate for the loss of Kisnorbo.

Out of likes, but this sums up Paddy so well. One of my all time favourite Heart/City moments

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SF33 said:

I'm delighted that he's sticking round at the club. Hoping he becomes a fixture at home games for years to come.

Thought this was the sack JVS thread for a second. I was initially seething, before thinking you must be the most sarcastic member of the forum. Then I realized it was the Patty K thread and I concur with what you've said. What an emotional roller coaster. 

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

He doesn't seem like the best communicator. Will be interesting to see how he progresses. One thing he does have going for him is he won't have to demand respect to get it amongst the NPL boys. 

This is true. I thought he was going to be a part time player/coach but obviously his body just gave up on him. I really hope he does well and can be brough into the senior set up with his wealth of invaluable knowledge for the senior 18-23yo.

3 hours ago, KautoStar1 said:

Based on that daft logic, no one would ever be qualified for coaching. You have to start somewhere. 

Exactly. To suggest this club gives coaching jobs to people based on who they are friends with rather than their potential is outrageous! I mean, look at the resumes of the two head coaches we have had. Its not like they just undeservedly walked into their roles because of who they were. They had to work really hard to earn their spot 

• Like 1