Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Mmmm.

Lets say we get out of the group. 

Lets say WU drop a points and we win League.

Both highly probable. Being a results game would you then concede he needs to continue? 

Or do you think regardless of the above 2 possible outcomes he needs to go just because of his general management, as you eluded to above. 

I'm of the opinion that the results are not too crucial in deciding on a coach, more important is man management, player development and  style of play, and if you get those things right results will follow. 

I'm still undecided on PK, he has several really annoying attributes but he also has several really positive aspects. 

Yes despite the results I think he’s not equipped enough to be our long term future coach. This club requires a higher pedigree.

However for many one can only judge by results, so let’s say we win the league and get through the ACL group stage - then I can’t be as vocal anymore even though I believe he isn’t the right fit.

It was always going to be gamble, he was fast tracked as care taker coach and now it’s time to move onto bigger and better things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Yes despite the results I think he’s not equipped enough to be our long term future coach. This club requires a higher pedigree.

However for many one can only judge by results, so let’s say we win the league and get through the ACL group stage - then I can’t be as vocal anymore even though I believe he isn’t the right fit.

It was always going to be gamble, he was fast tracked as care taker coach and now it’s time to move onto bigger and better things.

I think that the issue is, given our role in the CFG Empire and the place of Australian football, is that is he able to develop. players in the senior team? Our youth pathways are working well, but lets look at our senior list: He's dome well with Atkinson and O'Neill, and to a slightly lesser extent with Metcalfe who I would have liked to have developed further this season. Tilio is still looking for consistency, early days for Bos. Glover and Colakowski have not improved this season, Glover has regressed, Cola has had very little game time.

Has the team as a whole progressed this season? I'd argue no, not really. PK is at risk of falling victim to Bela Guttman's 3 year coaching rule

• Like 1

I'm definitely not on the PK out train, but have some concerns if he continues past this season.

Like others mentioned, there hasn't seemed to be any progression or development in the playing style, and we don't appear to have much tactical flexibility. You only need to look at Sydney this season to see how that goes in the long run.

The reluctance to use subs is annoying and a bit of a vicious cycle. The fact PK persevered with Leckie after his shocking start makes this more confusing.

1. PK doesn't think X will have an impact
  2. X doesn't get match fitness
  3. When X does get a chance, they aren't match fit and can't make an impact. Go back to 1.

I'm a little disappointed that Pappas signed a new contract with the Jets today. When they're on, they have been my favourite to watch this season. With better cattle he could do very well imo.

Edited by bellydrum
  • Like 2

I remain uncertain about PK as @Mr MO has noted his deficiencies as a manager. However, this is where the club comes in and gives him a hard arse assistant to provide a counterbalance. If the club puts someone there for that purpose they are letting him know that his performance needs to be better and if he is smart he will take it all on board. If he is not then the club can release him. After all Sir Alex Ferguson was not a football tactician nor a particular innovator - he was a motivator, player manager and an astute judge of talent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

I'm definitely not on the PK out train, but have some concerns if he continues past this season.

Like others mentioned, there hasn't seemed to be any progression or development in the playing style, and we don't appear to have much tactical flexibility. You only need to look at Sydney this season to see how that goes in the long run.

The reluctance to use subs is annoying and a bit of a vicious cycle. The fact PK persevered with Leckie after his shocking start makes this more confusing.

1. PK doesn't think X will have an impact
  2. X doesn't get match fitness
  3. When X does get a chance, they aren't match fit and can't make an impact. Go back to 1.

I'm a little disappointed that Pappas signed a new contract with the Jets today. When they're on, they have been my favourite to watch this season. With better cattle he could do very well imo.

Your last paragraph is exactly the point, I honestly believe that just about anybody can get results with the foundations of Eric and the inherited squad. There is a wealth of resources available and cracks starting to appear.

Where it mostly goes wrong is with his own recruits and ability to think for himself on tactics.

2 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I remain uncertain about PK as @Mr MO has noted his deficiencies as a manager. However, this is where the club comes in and gives him a hard arse assistant to provide a counterbalance. If the club puts someone there for that purpose they are letting him know that his performance needs to be better and if he is smart he will take it all on board. If he is not then the club can release him. After all Sir Alex Ferguson was not a football tactician nor a particular innovator - he was a motivator, player manager and an astute judge of talent.

For your information, most of our experienced noticeable assistants have all left the club. Think of it what you want.

• Like 1

Boys have zero confidence, he’s completely demoralised the squad. Everybody is confused and frustrated, nothing works going forward. You can’t tell me this squad is cohesive and having fun. Everybody is out of form. We and this club deserves something better.

Now let’s celebrate!

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t care what he’s won or if we still win the grand final, any coach can win titles with this club and resources.

This guy has no clue how to coach against decent opposition. Enough of “stick to process”. He lives of individual quality to save his ass. This team isn’t playing for him, dressing room is gone.

Completely wasted the recruitment this season as well.

PK out, he must be go.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

happy for him to go, to have the Aussie front 3 and look so shit for the majority of the season is horrible
Italian visa situation has been handled shockingly 
part blame on cfg but dropping galloway for jenkinson wasn't the right move

Jenkinson was a big part of the dysfunctional forward play.

However in fairness. Galloway has been injured.