Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Normal crickets. Paddy kind of indicated in the post game interview he wasn’t so much as injured as a tactical sub. I’ve chosen not to believe him.

As for Jamo that “knock” must have been from a friggin truck.

Calves and older guys are never a good mix. Always better to be cautious.
Nabbout could go either way id suspect but making sure the mongs are guessing is prob a good tactic imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Calves and older guys are never a good mix. Always better to be cautious.
Nabbout could go either way id suspect but making sure the mongs are guessing is prob a good tactic imo

Talking city was the first I heard about what Jamo’s injury actually was. Previously all I had was “knock”, which could mean anything.

• 11 months later...

From the club, 12/4/22

Aiden O’Neill suffered a broken metatarsal in the first half of last week’s clash against Sydney FC and is unlikely to play again this season.

Scans have confirmed a Grade 2 hamstring strain for Florin Berenguer after he was subbed out in the first half of Saturday’s Melbourne Derby and he is expected to miss 4-5 weeks.

Adding further to the headaches in midfield, Connor Metcalfe tested positive to COVID-19 upon arrival and is currently in hotel isolation in Bangkok

In good news, Scott Galloway is tracking well in his rehab from his hamstring injury and is likely to join the squad next week.

Griffiths did the job last season as our DM and has the physicality to control the midfield ... 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 5:11 PM, Torn Asunder said:

From the club, 12/4/22

Aiden O’Neill suffered a broken metatarsal in the first half of last week’s clash against Sydney FC and is unlikely to play again this season.

Scans have confirmed a Grade 2 hamstring strain for Florin Berenguer after he was subbed out in the first half of Saturday’s Melbourne Derby and he is expected to miss 4-5 weeks.

Adding further to the headaches in midfield, Connor Metcalfe tested positive to COVID-19 upon arrival and is currently in hotel isolation in Bangkok

In good news, Scott Galloway is tracking well in his rehab from his hamstring injury and is likely to join the squad next week.

Griffiths did the job last season as our DM and has the physicality to control the midfield ... 

32 degrees at kick off and 85% humidity will be very problematic for Rostyn, I think. 

2 hours ago, Tommykins said:

32 degrees at kick off and 85% humidity will be very problematic for Rostyn, I think. 

I think he and the others "should" cope relatively speaking , its the next 2 or 3 games that I reackon will be testing. 

My greatest fear will be the changes will be down to reactive moves as opposed to pre planned contingencies. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Any news on Leckie and Nabout? I'd be surprised if either played 

It was concerning to see him grabbing the same groin area he injured recently. Problaby to due fatigue towards the end of the match, perhaps it was unnessecary to move him into midfield with the coverage of Endoh on the bench. oh wait..... haha.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

And what happened to Andy? First he was playing, then he was on the bench, then he vanished. 
Simple communication to the fans would be nice like publishing a simple weekly injury list, in the style of: player, injury, guesstimate duration.

Mate, are you still living in cloud cuckoo land? This is Melbourne City we're talking about. You know, the one that can't even tell us about its Fan Representative Group? And you want "communication?" Have a heart. Oh, we had one of those once....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Mate, are you still living in cloud cuckoo land? This is Melbourne City we're talking about. You know, the one that can't even tell us about its Fan Representative Group? And you want "communication?" Have a heart. Oh, we had one of those once....

It’s been particularly poor this season I reckon. I mean we were relying on the commentator or tell us the coach was sick and also that he was/or had been in hospital. Now if the media knows those basics surely you can tell the fans? 
The heart era we were terrible at this, we got better but now we’ve reverted back to silence. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Nabbout was at the game against WSW and the commentator said that he had setback on his achilles and his season was over. He also said that both Tillio and Galloway remain on the injury list.

Confirm, he was walking the ground after the game with his son in his arms. Considering it was in NSW this was a good effort by Nabbout to be there. You'd think he's therefore likely to be with us next year if his season's done

25 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Confirm, he was walking the ground after the game with his son in his arms. Considering it was in NSW this was a good effort by Nabbout to be there. You'd think he's therefore likely to be with us next year if his season's done

I hope not. We need a rebuild and IMO it's best to start now, with a decent manager/coach, with the aim of getting us back at the top in 2-3 season's time. I also think that the fans will return if they can see a plan to give them hope. 

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

I think Nabbout is dusted, he's on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't been effective for over a season or so now...time to find a replacement 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

I think Nabbout is dusted, he's on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't been effective for over a season or so now...time to find a replacement 

Hasn't played a full match this season. Just 10 appearances for 433 minutes and no goals.

Contract employment can be cruel, but it's the reality of a professional footballer's life.

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Hasn't played a full match this season. Just 10 appearances for 433 minutes and no goals.

Contract employment can be cruel, but it's the reality of a professional footballer's life.

Yes it is harsh but his injury has come at the worst time of his career too! Had this happened 3 or 4 years ago different story...

City said in the team news a few weeks back that Nabbout underwent surgery so won't be back until pre season, even though he is off contract I can see him re-signing.

Tilio could be in contention against WU and Galloway likely out for the season as well.

All this info is just from picking apart pieces from Instagram, Twitter, Press Conferences etc

2 hours ago, Zanty said:

City said in the team news a few weeks back that Nabbout underwent surgery so won't be back until pre season, even though he is off contract I can see him re-signing.

Tilio could be in contention against WU and Galloway likely out for the season as well.

All this info is just from picking apart pieces from Instagram, Twitter, Press Conferences etc

It doesn't make any sense to try and keep Nabbout. Only as a bench player and if he was to take a fair pay cut...otherwise it would make more sense to push Mazzeo as the bench winger?

33 minutes ago, Zanty said:

I would more be keeping him for at least a season so we don't have to deal with another season of mass departures.

But keeping him for that purpose is not really that wise given he's contributing next to nothing...I'd rather free up the cap space and promote the academy players as depth

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

I would more be keeping him for at least a season so we don't have to deal with another season of mass departures.

You just prolong the agony and the Academy graduates will go elsewhere.... City is crazy if it just keeps producing players for other clubs - we don't get anything for them. Caputo will go if he doesn't get match time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

You just prolong the agony and the Academy graduates will go elsewhere.... City is crazy if it just keeps producing players for other clubs - we don't get anything for them. Caputo will go if he doesn't get match time.

Maclaren's recent comments suggest an expectation that Caputo will be leading the line much more regularly next year. Suspect we'll see more of Mazzeo too. Plus we've had a gun young striker sidelined all season that I'm keen to see. Be interesting to see how this all pans out in the next couple of months. We'll need to thread the needle in keeping some experience and continuity, but also doing better than we sometimes have in promoting youth.

• Like 2