Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Normal crickets. Paddy kind of indicated in the post game interview he wasn’t so much as injured as a tactical sub. I’ve chosen not to believe him.

As for Jamo that “knock” must have been from a friggin truck.

Calves and older guys are never a good mix. Always better to be cautious.
Nabbout could go either way id suspect but making sure the mongs are guessing is prob a good tactic imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Calves and older guys are never a good mix. Always better to be cautious.
Nabbout could go either way id suspect but making sure the mongs are guessing is prob a good tactic imo

Talking city was the first I heard about what Jamo’s injury actually was. Previously all I had was “knock”, which could mean anything.

• 11 months later...

From the club, 12/4/22

Aiden O’Neill suffered a broken metatarsal in the first half of last week’s clash against Sydney FC and is unlikely to play again this season.

Scans have confirmed a Grade 2 hamstring strain for Florin Berenguer after he was subbed out in the first half of Saturday’s Melbourne Derby and he is expected to miss 4-5 weeks.

Adding further to the headaches in midfield, Connor Metcalfe tested positive to COVID-19 upon arrival and is currently in hotel isolation in Bangkok

In good news, Scott Galloway is tracking well in his rehab from his hamstring injury and is likely to join the squad next week.

Griffiths did the job last season as our DM and has the physicality to control the midfield ... 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 5:11 PM, Torn Asunder said:

From the club, 12/4/22

Aiden O’Neill suffered a broken metatarsal in the first half of last week’s clash against Sydney FC and is unlikely to play again this season.

Scans have confirmed a Grade 2 hamstring strain for Florin Berenguer after he was subbed out in the first half of Saturday’s Melbourne Derby and he is expected to miss 4-5 weeks.

Adding further to the headaches in midfield, Connor Metcalfe tested positive to COVID-19 upon arrival and is currently in hotel isolation in Bangkok

In good news, Scott Galloway is tracking well in his rehab from his hamstring injury and is likely to join the squad next week.

Griffiths did the job last season as our DM and has the physicality to control the midfield ... 

32 degrees at kick off and 85% humidity will be very problematic for Rostyn, I think. 

2 hours ago, Tommykins said:

32 degrees at kick off and 85% humidity will be very problematic for Rostyn, I think. 

I think he and the others "should" cope relatively speaking , its the next 2 or 3 games that I reackon will be testing. 

My greatest fear will be the changes will be down to reactive moves as opposed to pre planned contingencies. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Any news on Leckie and Nabout? I'd be surprised if either played 

It was concerning to see him grabbing the same groin area he injured recently. Problaby to due fatigue towards the end of the match, perhaps it was unnessecary to move him into midfield with the coverage of Endoh on the bench. oh wait..... haha.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1