Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

It's pretty exciting that we only have to endure 3 more games until (hopefully) having both Kennedy and Koren in our starting XI 

Its actually 4 I just checked, we have a game in Newcastle in Dec 30. Ive given up trying to keep up with all the changes haha

Sat 20 Dec            Melbourne City v Melbourne Victory     AAMI Park                       7:30PM      7:30PM

Fri 26 Dec             Melbourne City  v Perth Glory                AAMI Park                       5:30PM      5:30PM

Tue 30 Dec           Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City               Hunter Stadium                7:30PM      5:00PM

Sun 4 Jan              Central Coast v Melbourne City                 Central Coast Stadium     5:00PM      5:00PM

Calf strain/tear rehab  http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/calf-muscle-tears

Calf strain may be minor or very severe. Your physiotherapist will grade the injury accordingly:

Grade 1:

The muscle is stretched causing some small micro tears in the muscle fibres. Recovery takes approximately 2 to 4 weeks if you do all the right things.

Grade 2:

There is partial tearing of muscle fibres. Full recovery takes approximately 4 to 8 weeks with good rehabilitation.

Grade 3:

This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibres in the lower leg. Full recovery can take 3-4 months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.

Well given our luck, it'll be a Grade 2 or 3 injury plus add factor for over 30 = season ending injury right there    :hkpalm:

Calf strain/tear rehab  http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/calf-muscle-tears

Calf strain may be minor or very severe. Your physiotherapist will grade the injury accordingly:

Grade 1:

The muscle is stretched causing some small micro tears in the muscle fibres. Recovery takes approximately 2 to 4 weeks if you do all the right things.

Grade 2:

There is partial tearing of muscle fibres. Full recovery takes approximately 4 to 8 weeks with good rehabilitation.

Grade 3:

This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibres in the lower leg. Full recovery can take 3-4 months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.

Well given our luck, it'll be a Grade 2 or 3 injury plus add factor for over 30 = season ending injury right there    :hkpalm:

People don't, or won't, believe me, but our season could well be over before either of Koren or Duff appears again.

We should be planning accordingly.

Grade 1:

Grade 2:

Grade 3:

People don't, or won't, believe me, but our season could well be over before either of Koren or Duff appears again.

We should be planning accordingly.

New thread required "Season 2015/2016 (season over start planning now)"

Just want to point out that on the back of apparently one of the most intense weeks of training for the year Duff has injured himself. And just to note again Koren stating he has never trained as hard during his whole career as he has during preseason with Melbourne City. Over training of our older players seems to be a common theme and we don't seem to adhere to any training guidelines for players of different needs. I know I wouldn't train a 20 year old and a 33 year old the same with the same workloads.

• Like 3

above average injuries, way above average missed games (as in more missed games), way above average recovery times.

Interesting, do you have any idea if injuries overall in the A-League are lower than other leagues (eg Europe), there are a lot less games and a shorter season. Because most European clubs seem to have a similar amount of injuries to us.

My two favourite players are diaby and germano

• Like 1

When we are signing players over 30 like Koren, and Damien Duff, 36 in less than 3 months, we can hardly blame bad luck when they get soft tissue injuries.

With a proper sized football squad of well over 30 players you can sign a number of 30 somethings and get away with it.

With FFA only allowing us to have a small squad, having injury prone players in the squad and new signings aged over 30 is asking for trouble with player availability. 

Our Australian marquee, Josh Kennedy, is well over 32, and has hardly played in months. Of course he's a well above average injury risk. And it won't be our bad luck if he is injured.

Our Australian marquee should have been well under 30. It's not as if our owners don't have the money. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What on earth is happening at this club? I count

9 players currently unavailable due to injury. I thought we were going to be more professional?

Strikes me that this level of injuries is more than plain bad luck.

The injured nine are:

Velaphi,

Wielaert,

Paartalu,

Mauk,

Garuccio,

Germano,

Marino,

Dugandzic,

Brown.

That's out of a total number of 24 players listed as the senior squad.

There are rules governing injury replacements. Only have a vague idea what they are but I think the player needs to be placed on the long term injury list and it seems there are some salary rules, which came in after CCM had a cheap defender injured and brought Aloisi in on marquee wages to "cover" for him.

Ideally we'd love to see a man city player looking for game time come in for a Germano or Marino but the rules make that tough.

There are rules governing injury replacements. Only have a vague idea what they are but I think the player needs to be placed on the long term injury list and it seems there are some salary rules, which came in after CCM had a cheap defender injured and brought Aloisi in on marquee wages to "cover" for him.

Ideally we'd love to see a man city player looking for game time come in for a Germano or Marino but the rules make that tough.

Aloisi screwing us over again!

• jw1739 unpinned this topic