Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC - Potential Club Motto

Torn Asunder

There has been some talk in the past about a potential club motto.

Most of the big club's have one, e.g.:

• Manchester United - "Consilio et Labore", which basically translates to "Wisdom and Effort"
  • Barcelona -  Més que un club (More than a club).
  • Tottenham - "Audere est Facere", which means "To Dare is To Do"
  • Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit which means that victory comes from harmony

What are peoples thoughts - do we want a motto?? ... and if yes, any suggestions.  Personnally I dont think necessarily that a motto needs to be in Latin, in fact I think something that is current / modern, but will not become dated, would be a winner.

If a general consensus can be reached I will take this to the club for discussion.  Note, the club has not asked for fans to come up with a motto at this stage, but previously at a Rep Group meeting, they have expressed some level of interest. 

Edited by Torn Asunder

"sursum corda" - "Hearts Lifted"

xavier kid?

lol...no....there's a few schools that use it that I know of...seems to fit though

haha jast asking mate. thats where i went, not as bad as ch7 made it out to be haha. But anyway, not sure if we do have a motto that it have "Heart" in there at all, bit cliche imo.