Melbourne Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

hakz7

Wrong to blame Broich. There was almost nothing in that collision.

After easing HK through the first few weeks, in contrast JA made a fundamental mistake in playing Engelaar before he had time to settle in. You could see that Orlando was all at sea in the first few seconds of the game.

However, no use crying over spilled milk now. Everyone has to move on.

Have to say that I'm not that enthusiastic about us playing two games in Perth. Shepparton, Lismore, now Perth*2...it's almost as if we're becoming the roving ambassadors for the A-League. Can't see that it's helping a membership drive.

The point of practice matches is so he isn't all at sea come season proper. It's the time to give him time. Not at all related to his injury and really not a mistake imo. People need to stop thinking he got injuried cos he was under done. He broke his leg totally unrelated. I hope we play some players into form in these games.

• Like 1

By the look of that video I'd say we're playing the same way as last season. Too many touches of the ball required, not enough quick forward movement, and sloppy marking at the back. We have the skills, but we're are just too casual.

Disagree. I think btw the limited highlights of that video that we are trying to play in through midfield much more than we did last season and relied on the long ball for less often. The only issue is we usually play that way against the Dutch Roar so it will be interesting to see how we play against wellington for example. 

Pumped for pre-season games in Perth. I'll be at the first one at Inglewoods stadium. Saturday afternoon at 3 in Mandurah is going to be a struggle though for a pub manager. Is understandable from Glory's perspective considering half the old shed fan base is in Rockingham and Mandurah but a fucking pain in the arse for everyone else. Most of the other heart supporting lads here will be at the Mandurah game though since they live closer to Mandurah than the city. Still four heart games this season in Perth is a win for us boys. Shame we won't be seeing OE. Fucking gutted.

Wont be able to make it due to indoor but would be great to see the team smash them and to put the horror week from last week to bed with at least a glimpse of what we are going to be capable of this season I still feel just as shit as I did when Engelaar got injured.