Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

I am actually half serious when I say this... 

If JVS is going to play Redders (Despite the fact he has been costing us points for two years solid now) can we at least get one of the other players to go in goals for penalties?

Surely one of the other players has had a go at saving penalties before through out their lives and its not like Redders is ever going to break his duck and save one anyway. We could even have a new player each time and then at least we could get a bit of entertainment, some variety and a different conversation piece as we watch our team fumble its way through another shitty season.

• Like 1

I agree.

If Redmayne was keeping for the Wanderers, they wouldn't have got out their Group.

After watching the Sydney FC - Mariners game today, Nash, the number 2 keeper for the Mariners, looked better than what we have.

If you're going to win anything you need a top goal keeper for that competition.

Forget about signing the possible injury prone Kennedy as our Australian marquee.

Throw the money at the best Australian goal keeper we can get.

Why not make a big offer for Mitch Langerak?

Once he gets regular game time, unlike now, he'll quickly get over the rustiness he has shown when playing for the Socceroos and again be outstanding - plus give

himself a decent chance of being number one for the Socceroos. 

Edited by Parrot

Redmaynes problems go far beyond his shot stopping. His positioning is terrible, he's decision making and ball distribution is pathetic, and he fumbles easy catches that can be costly. Last night he spilt a chest mark and we were lucky there was no Adelaide player there or else we would've conceded

That's my issue with him too. And even when he does make position he still misses it. Take the game against Newcastle, he got himself to the right position( very left of the goal) and it still managed to find the ball and bees dick sized gap between him and the post. Then he gets to the right position again(centre) and it goes directly over his head and hits the top bar while his hands are trying to make their way past his head. I don't have the exact stats(happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) but it appears that once you get past our defenders you have a better than 90% chance of scoring.

Edited by troyboy

Why not make a big offer for Mitch Langerak?

Once he gets regular game time, unlike now, he'll quickly get over the rustiness he has shown when playing for the Socceroos and again be outstanding - plus give

himself a decent chance of being number one for the Socceroos.

Do you really think this is in anyway realistic?

And would cost more than our entire player budget for this season and next to pull off. That's if it was realistic, which it isn't.

Edited by Tesla

There's no salary cap needed for a marquee.

So of course it's realistic, because we have multi multi multi multi billionaire owners.

It just depends what our owners are prepared to spend.

The guy is 2nd in line at Dortmund, and is no doubt handsomely paid. Not everyone makes decisions based solely on monetary funds.

Totally unrealistic.

Edit: Even if we did somehow pull something like this off, I'm not sure I'd want someone like that playing for my club. I prefer my players to have ambition, and want to win. Not just pick up the biggest paycheck possible.

Edited by Pete Heartspur

I'd be throwing everything at Federici, with Brad Jones the secondary option.

I was lead to believe that Jones has signed a 5 year contract extensions about a year ago - however reports suggest delays in signing his current offer. 

I think Jones would be a good pick - much better than when Vanstratten came back.

I don't think we should waste a foreign spot on a gk.

Redmayne isn't that bad - he just has a bad defence. Any GK behind our back 4 would have leaked just as many goals.

Sydney - Wonder goal.

Newcaste - Poor defending

Victory - One was offside, one was penalty, one was a deflection, two were bad defending

Adelaide - penalty (as a result on Redmayne due to pathetic defending from Garrucio), first goal was was poor defending.

Looking at all the back up keepers in league who can't get opportunity

Thomas at victory

Italiano at pheonix

Nash at ccm

Bouzanis at wsw

Necevski at Sydney

Kennedy at jets

Young/Acton at roar

Duncan at glory

Hall/Izzo at Adelaide

Would we look at any of them?

Wasn't Bouzanis signed by Liverpool in their youth league? I am sure Greece were chasing him at one stage.

Sydney - Wonder goal.

Victory - One was offside, one was penalty, one was a deflection, two were bad defending

Adelaide - penalty (as a result on Redmayne due to pathetic defending from Garrucio), first goal was was poor defending.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Some people only see what they want to see. I too don't think Redders is a bad keeper.

It was always going to be a developmental year and we would struggle until the team gelled. I think the worst thing we did was to play an artificial game plan to suit one David Villa. Nice guy, good player, but I would have preferred he didn't come, even if that meant we didn't score two other goals.

Sydney - Wonder goal.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Some people only see what they want to see. I too don't think Redders is a bad keeper.

It was always going to be a developmental year and we would struggle until the team gelled. I think the worst thing we did was to play an artificial game plan to suit one David Villa. Nice guy, good player, but I would have preferred he didn't come, even if that meant we didn't score two other goals.

Where the fuck was WSW's developmental year? FFS.

And they were tipped to finish stone motherless last prior to their first season not to win the league like ourselves.

Sydney - Wonder goal.

How many more "developmental years" do we need? And silly me thought that the longest off-season in the world was for all the "gelling."

These are just lame excuses for bad management.

Edited by jw1739

Sydney - Wonder goal.

How many more "developmental years" do we need? And silly me thought that the longest off-season in the world was for all the "gelling."

These are just lame excuses for bad management.

In fairness how many examples are their in this day and age of a sporting team coming in and being as success as WSW?

This is only the 1st year they have owned us, so i always expected their was going to be some growing pains.

However, it doesn't help when they botch arguably the most important position in the football club: The coaching position. If they had done their homework he wouldn't of been in the top 5 of candidates. He just got the job because he was there, and the CFG's half assed approach on this has set the club back yet another season.

Not sure why his performance is being praised. He only made two good saves but they were straight at him, just with a lot of power...

Come on mate, you have to give credit when it's due. He was solid and his distribution was good. The best game I have seen him play. So well done Redders!

• Like 3

Not sure why his performance is being praised. He only made two good saves but they were straight at him, just with a lot of power...

Come on mate, you have to give credit when it's due. He was solid and his distribution was good. The best game I have seen him play. So well done Redders!

Agreed. A good performance, we need consistency though.

Ok, let's say that was true, which it's not, it would still be the first time he'd done that. He made 2 good saves that were no where near him, distributed the ball well and owned his area. In short a miracle.

I have been very critical of redmayne but today he showed why he's getting selected

Well done

Great performance from Redders, deserves the praise for playing a good game as we have all given it to him for playing bad games. 

His distribution via foot is still very ordinary but otherwise he commanded his area well and got the job done, and could do nothing about Brisbane's goal.

• Like 1