Melbourne Football

Open training session- 05/07/13- 10:30am- Epping Stadium

Grimey

Few things I took note of:

-Gerhardt was there but wasn't training.

I asked JA about him and apparently he rolled his ankle when he played for the national team.

Also asked DMac about where we're gonna train this year and we're at Epping for the next 9 or so weeks which is when the news about an upgrade to La Trobe will happen. If nothing happens to LaTrobe then we might stay at epping or go to trinity (presumably their sport campus in bulleen)

-Kewell disappointed me. Extremely unfit. Looked fucked after the warm up lap. They were doing push ups in a line and Kewell was the only one doing it on his knees. Also stopped doing the plank 60 seconds before everyone else and just sat on the ground. Had a little spat with one of the fitness staff. Stopped training half way through the session, signed a few autographs then left in his brand new cheif gerrakie that jeep gave him.

Vintage Kewell.

-Kewell disappointed me. Extremely unfit. Looked fucked after the warm up lap. They were doing push ups in a line and Kewell was the only one doing it on his knees. Also stopped doing the plank 60 seconds before everyone else and just sat on the ground. Had a little spat with one of the fitness staff. Stopped training half way through the session, signed a few autographs then left in his brand new cheif gerrakie that jeep gave him.

Vintage Kewell.

Lol.

What do you want the man to do???

As a player near the end of a very lengthy football career (He scored in the 1997 Iran WC Qualfier game 16 years ago) do you want him to come out all guns blazing in his first week of his three months Preseason Training? :hmm:

I would prefer if we left that kind of stuff to the Professional Preseason Kings @ the club in Hoff and Supermac. :up:

• Like 1

was a nice fkn jeep, was gonna spit on it. inb4 omg ur not a heart fan.

mac looked good
think hoffman might be playing on wing
and tbh kewell really didnt do much and he looked like i do after i struggle ripping down a beug

Edited by Bannon

I'll say this. Don't expect anything in the coming weeks as it won't happen until closer to the season. Our number one target isn't Holt or Kara and sponsors won't be chipping in.

Can you tell us what nationality he is? Can you tell us what letter his name starts with or better yet, his initials? Can I buy a vowel? lol

Vintage Kewell.

Lol.

What do you want the man to do???

As a player near the end of a very lengthy football career (He scored in the 1997 Iran WC Qualfier game 16 years ago) do you want him to come out all guns blazing in his first week of his three months Preseason Training? :hmm:

I would prefer if we left that kind of stuff to the Professional Preseason Kings @ the club in Hoff and Supermac. :up:

:clap: voice of reason. give the bloke a break - ill be worried if he head a month into the season and he still does the same.

amazing how crazy this forum gets when someone says they know something... heartfc can you confirm?

Few things I took note of:

-Gerhardt was there but wasn't training.

I asked JA about him and apparently he rolled his ankle when he played for the national team.

Also asked DMac about where we're gonna train this year and we're at Epping for the next 9 or so weeks which is when the news about an upgrade to La Trobe will happen. If nothing happens to LaTrobe then we might stay at epping or go to trinity (presumably their sport campus in bulleen)

likewise, I remember DMac saying the club will be training up there for at least 9 weeks and until either (a) Latrobe is upgraded or (B) there is a better suiter.  

it actually looked a good surface.

Great day.

Thanks to Matty(something) for the lift to the bus stop :D

All good mate, i'll just send the bill  :P

I'll say this. Don't expect anything in the coming weeks as it won't happen until closer to the season. Our number one target isn't Holt or Kara and sponsors won't be chipping in.

Can you tell us what nationality he is? Can you tell us what letter his name starts with or better yet, his initials? Can I buy a vowel? lol Italian. Now I'm shutting my fucking mouth before I get my new buddy fired.

• Like 1

Can you tell us what nationality he is? Can you tell us what letter his name starts with or better yet, his initials? Can I buy a vowel? lol Italian. You have just made my day

• Like 1

My thoughts about the day:

- Kewell and Wielaert had an aura of class around them both, but they both only trained for an hour and both could be fitter

- Massimo is an impressive midfielder, good passer and good work rate, but I don't see him scoring too many goals this season

- Dugandzic seemed to go through the entire training session and looked fit

- Mebrahtu was easily our best finisher. Dugandzic and Williams were alright, but just alright

- In fact the scoring drills towards the end of the day didn't look especially good. The team looked real good IMO at passing, but finishing wasn't great. I'd like to see us get another good goalscorer

- Hoffman can't cross a ball to save his life

- Kalmar looked all around good. Was excellent on the ball

Overall, the football they were playing looked pretty good to me. Most of the passes must have been twice as fast as the average pass last season. The good pitch at Epping has surely be a positive factor. It would make good sense to remain there for the rest of pre-season IMO.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

Official:

Redders is the best bloke at the club.

Friendly, good player, etc..

Bootsa is also brilliant.
Had a good chat with him.
Is now working full-time at the club, and hopes to move into club management (business side) in the future.
Confirms that Harry is on base wage, and has 3rd party deals.
Also insisted that we're underestimating Harry's quality, and he will be a great player for the club.

Didn't see Jezza...

Probably around 100-120 people there at the peak.

My thoughts about the day:

- Kewell and Wielaert had an aura of class around them both, but they both only trained for an hour and both could be fitter

- Massimo is an impressive midfielder, good passer and good work rate, but I don't see him scoring too many goals this season

- Dugandzic seemed to go through the entire training session and looked fit

- Mebrahtu was easily our best finisher. Dugandzic and Williams were alright, but just alright

- In fact the scoring drills towards the end of the day didn't look especially good. The team looked real good IMO at passing, but finishing wasn't great. I'd like to see us get another good goalscorer

- Hoffman can't cross a ball to save his life

- Kalmar looked all around good. Was excellent on the ball

Overall, the football they were playing looked pretty good to me. Most of the passes must have been twice as fast as the average pass last season. The good pitch at Epping has surely been a positive factor. It would make good sense to remain there for the rest of pre-season IMO.

Not sure what you were watching, but I saw Hoff hit his crosses perfectly almost every time.

He has always trained well, anyway.

Also, just to clear something up...

Harry and Weilart were the first out onto the pitch. Harry done more running than anyone else out there. Easily 10 laps before he even touched a ball.

He is clearly on an altered training program.

He will come good.

I'm very excited about our team this season. There's a bit of buzz around the players.

Hayden took most of the training as well as setting up the pitch. But, once aloisi took charge, things changed a bit. The players were a lot more receptive to aloisi and picked up their game.

Here's the two guys who were keepers and trained with Redmayne:

P1030546.jpg

Dude on the right is GK coach Joey Didulica, guy on the left looks like Lewis Italiano, even though he had apparently signed for Wellington...?

Fantastish news if it is...

Lewis+Italiano+Ba_ZRRSRnYMm.jpg

Edited by LR9

There were a few faces I didn't recognise. Here's one of them:

2gx0dmp.jpg

That's John Aloisi, bro. He's the coach :up: No. Hayden Foxe is the coach. Aloisi just walks around and occasionally watches the drills HF is taking.

He looks a bit sad there. Poor JA

Lewis moss I think, was in the herald sun today is trialling spent the last 3 years on Gold Coast suns list got delisted without playing a game

I reckon it's Lewis Moss as well.

388532-lewis-moss.jpg

(http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/switch-of-codes-delivers-a-net-gain-for-ex-afl-player-lewis-moss/story-fnddhv0x-1226586388850)

He currently plays for West Adelaide under Ross Aloisi. Hopefully he's trialing because of merit and not nepotism... To be fair, he looked pretty good from what I saw of him.

Can you tell us what nationality he is? Can you tell us what letter his name starts with or better yet, his initials? Can I buy a vowel? lol Italian. Now I'm shutting my fucking mouth before I get my new buddy fired.

Totti?

Can you tell us what nationality he is? Can you tell us what letter his name starts with or better yet, his initials? Can I buy a vowel? lolItalian. Now I'm shutting my fucking mouth before I get my new buddy fired.Moderately successful WUM is moderately successful. Edited by LR9

holy fucking shit.

you have successfully sent my brain into overdrive. 

:o  :o  :o

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/VIDEO-Open-Training-Session/70160 Little over view of the day by the Melbourne Heart website also a YouTube video. It seems like they are really trying to make an effort with YouTube this year which is great would love to see them do their own version of "inside city" a YouTube program Manchester city do kinda shows how the club is run what the players are up to and so forth.