Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does their in-play work? I've never tried. Do you have to call? Do they have a click to call thing like bet365 and WH?

That's some big potential for betfair IMO, in play markets are shit in terms of percentage everywhere, but I reckon at least for sports they could have low percentage.

can just be done on the app for racing, but odds fluctuate so frequently it can be hard to get matched at good odds.. had that today when I wanted to back something at $2.10, didn't match and was $1.10 in no time and home.. sports betting have to call up though.

on another note got pretty raped today after a few good days.. good timing for a long break I reckon with main carnivals finishing...

Used crown gift card I got through crownbet for dinner.

Get 5 points per $1 so got some points back as well from it (though for going up in membership tiers it only counts as 1 point)

I'd accumulated over 3,000 points from gambling (aside from the 5k they gave everyone), and with dinner added it got to 3.5k, can confirm you can convert it for chips. Turned it into $35 plus another $5 they give you for signing up to signature club. Could have just cashed it in straight away but I never go crown so decided to just blow it for lols anyway.

Maybe it's cause i've now activated my signature club membership, but I can actually see how many points I need to get 1 membership credit for the week (you need 5 membership credits to go up to silver) on the crownbet site, only another 157 point so just going to make sure I get 1 credit this week. Will earn 100 of those regardless so probably only about 50 points I have to gamble extra for.

Probably would have earned membership credits other weeks but I dont think it counts until you activate card.

I actually don't have any use for silver membership since the main benefit is free parking and I don't need to park there often but it won't be hard to attain anyway so why not.

Edited by Tesla

I popped my $200 bonus on Man Utd, Bayern, Man City and Barca. So far so good. 

If I win can I collect or do I have to bet the lot 1 more time to be able to withdraw?

Gonna have to turn it over

Leicester, Man Utd, Southampton, PSG, $40 into $210. Tesla keeps winning them multis.

Actually content with my winnings for once, not betting much today, even got my points for 1 membership credit with crown, 4 more to go.

Edited by Tesla

anyone know if unibet's deposit bonus will work for Victorians?
T&Cs says no but I've learned that means next to nothin

Yes it does, at least it did for me.

Please let me refer you, they give good referral bonus :up:  

PM email if so. 

Edited by Tesla

If it's still 'bonus money' and not 'bonus bet' at unitbet (you keep the stake with bonus money so it's better), the best way is to just place a fuck load of soccer bets and over the course of like 40-50 bets you shouldn't lose much of the bonus money.

As I've said before, if it's bonus bet like most other bookies, then it's better to use it on high odds bets instead and then turn over on soccer or something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cadete said:

No, I think the fact he will be on the same pitch as the league's best player most of the time will not really help his chances.

On the same pitch as the league's two best players.

Not that either of those, or novillo will win it, simply because we won't win a title or even come close.

Edited by Tesla

48 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Brief Melody R4 at Bairnsdale

Colleagues horse who is half confident it'll get a place which is paying $22 at Ladbrokes

Was 27 for a sec then went to 23,put last 16$ in my Ladbrokes account on it pls deliver hedaik. 

Damn over 30 now ffs

Edited by Tesla

1 minute ago, hedaik said:

I was listening on tunein which is delayed, and this shit pops up on my phone half way through the race. Fucking fucks. 

Brief Melody.png

Yeah that kept coming up for me even after the race lol, had to second guess what I just saw, but then refreshed and it was fixed. Then it came up again. Then fixed again. Lol. 

46 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

Not smart punting my friend. This sort of betting long term will leave you in more then tears.

i know, very rarely will i do that, all profit in that account, withdrew what i put in months ago
maths is a little bit off jimmy ;)

Edited by Thrillhouse

9 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

Mujadale each way a license to print money in the Ballarat Cup tomorrow

In.

(even though few forum tips seem to come off but whatever, including the rare occasion that I give one)

Edited by Tesla

WH $3 fav to finish 1st or 2nd got up so a nice boost for the w/e
now to hope i get double refunded for the clippers choking today

AUSTRALIA V NEW ZEALAND THIRD TEST – IN-PLAY BONUS

Place an In-Play bet during the Third Test Match between Australia and New Zealand and we’ll give you a 50% bonus on top of your winnings. Available for the FIRST WINNING In-Play bet only – up to $200 in Bonus Bets per day. *Max Bonus $200 per day; First settled bet on market only; Valid during the 3rd Test between Australia and New Zealand; Full T&Cs apply.
So do you just get a bonus bet of half your bet?
Edited by Thrillhouse

Who has the best product on exotics?

Don't usually bet exotics so have no idea, trying to put on a harness trifecta in this case, cbf looking too much bet365 gives mid tote + 5% seems decent so will go with that.

Can't imagine there being much better than that on harness/greyhounds? What about on thoroughbreds?

39 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Don't usually bet exotics so have no idea, trying to put on a harness trifecta in this case, cbf looking too much bet365 gives mid tote + 5% seems decent so will go with that.

Can't imagine there being much better than that on harness/greyhounds? What about on thoroughbreds?

tesla its bed time 

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

Harness Racing seems to be the best if you take the favourites with the field, it's pretty common (not always) for some of the horses to fuck up and gallop at the start and take themselves out the race which can throw up some half decent trifectas with some roughie filling the placings.

(I dont know exactly how the system works as I never bet on the Trots but my Grandpa has been using it for years... and even though he only wins small amounts he basically always ends up on top.)

FWIW his latest system is betting on horses from Barrier One at Doomben on Saturdays, which stats wise has been throwing up 40% of winners over the last couple of months probably because Eagle Farm is being fixed up so it's a lot of the same horses on the same track but he has done pretty well at using this method.

Edited by cadete

I dont normally bet on harness racing either but trying something new.

Anyway, seems bet365 is the only corporate that is an actual bookmaker, in that they frame their own markets and not just copy. I've noticed before they have fucked up early odds on thoroughbreds that you can exploit, but I see now they are the only one with early odds on harness racing (sportsbet are the only other with early odds on thoroughbreds, but even they stay away from harness).

Also cunts keep giving me so much overs on UK racing, all the other Australian websites know not to give fixed odds till like 5 mins before since it's so easy to get overs just by tracking the price on betfair, bet365 doesn't seem to care.

I guess it doesn't really matter, if you're successful you eventually get restricted anyway.

PS Bendigo - race 3 - #1 Felecity Funkhouser ~$3 odds, get on it before shortens to like 1.80 or something.

Edited by Tesla

They knew that would happen ^

Should have taken my $3 tip instead.  Don't want to log into my betting accounts or teamviewer while in Abu Dhabi but looks like I made some decent profit while flying.

Keep me updated on any good promotions since no time to look but keen to get a bet on good promotions as always :up: 

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

They knew that would happen ^

Should have taken my $3 tip instead.  Don't want to log into my betting accounts or teamviewer while in Abu Dhabi but looks like I made some decent profit while flying.

Keep me updated on any good promotions since no time to look but keen to get a bet on good promotions as always :up: 

i reckon i'll get on the cricket live promo i put up near the top of the page, not exactly sure how it works but will test it with the golf today
$3 greyhound fav to finish 1st or 2nd is back on tonight - they've changed it instead of fav its 2nd fav, probly losing a bit from it

Edited by Thrillhouse

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu