Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone been to Morphettville, much out there? Heading there next weekend and will be seeking the quaddie. Looking forward to uploading the winning quaddie ticket here for your viewing pleasures.

Alas one of the few Metro Racetracks I have not been too...

It's known as a pretty unbiased racetrack but the Quaddie has become easier to win over in SA when they got rid of the other two tracks (that were falling apart) because you still get the same horses often up against each other at the same track a lot of time with the Racing never being as popular there as in other states... probably due to the state's historically low number of Catholics in its formative years.

LOL - It was obvious dilapidated and made Cranbourne look like Royal Ascot but I used to love seeing the battlers run down the Victoria Park straight for an hour on Wednesdays at the Lygon Street TAB in College.

FWIW I have complained about it before but the constant merging of Metropolitan Race Clubs/Closing of Metropolitan Racetracks in this country is a major bugbear of mine as all it does it take a lot of variables out the sport and you end up with much more predictable results, lower dividends for punters and a much smaller diversity in the distribution of prize money to those who get involved in Ownership.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Ok so im thinking I might just do everything u do tesla. Need some extra cash. 

I've had my worst 24 hours ever so probably not the best time lol.

Only betting on racing now when there is a good promo, got raped hard yesterday.

Sticking to sports, do better, less risk, harder to blow a lot of money, etc.

Moving on from another posted betting statement...

What did others think of the George Main?

So bloody frustrating, I never seen a slower run G1 a mile or under in fucken years, they still were raffling of the lead after 400 metres and then when Shin finally decided to lead he chugged around the bend like a carthouse.

I  had a dream we were 10 goals up at half time last night. 

Waking up was the same disappointment as being woken up when you're making out with a chick and about to slip it in

Two random and stereotypical early Freo memories I have had in the past couple of days due to hearing about Freo a lot on the radio...

1. Clive handpassing a goal twice. 

2. The paper reporting a blitzing Time Trail by Daniel Bandy every fucken Preseason.

Edited by cadete

Fire up cunts. Got Freo to win the flag, Freo to make the Granny, Fyfe Norm Smith, Fyfe Brownlow.

Will be a ripper game on Friday but my gut says Freo will be too hungry.

spewing I didn't have the guts to put something on that Kangas/Freo quinella paying $51 before finals. Now at $10. Cash out would be ace after Freo beat Hawthorn.

Fire up cunts. Got Freo to win the flag, Freo to make the Granny, Fyfe Norm Smith, Fyfe Brownlow.

Will be a ripper game on Friday but my gut says Freo will be too hungry.

spewing I didn't have the guts to put something on that Kangas/Freo quinella paying $51 before finals. Now at $10. Cash out would be ace after Freo beat Hawthorn.

We're already going to have to play out of our skins to win the game (something we haven't really done since early on in the year), and McPharlin out just makes it a whole lot harder to contain their attack which means Johnson now plays a stopping role rather than setting up the play which is a fairly crucial part of our game plan. 

Its not as if we were very convincing against an undermanned Sydney in the first final either. 

We are still a good chance being at home and having the break, and I think $2.40 is a fair price. 

We're already going to have to play out of our skins to win the game (something we haven't really done since early on in the year), and McPharlin out just makes it a whole lot harder to contain their attack which means Johnson now plays a stopping role rather than setting up the play which is a fairly crucial part of our game plan. 

Its not as if we were very convincing against an undermanned Sydney in the first final either. 

We are still a good chance being at home and having the break, and I think $2.40 is a fair price. 

Got to remember that Fremantle haven't really been tested this season. There was that many games where they were done at Halftime this year and put the cue in the rack. Wouldn't read too much into the losses vs WCE & Hawks this year tbh. Only game where Fremantle was pushing and didn't win was against the Tigers @ Subi imo.

That last final vs. Sydney was done early, despite the scoreline being deceiving. I am so confident that no team in the league can handle Fremantle at Subi when they are there for all 4 quarters. Obviously I would be shitting bricks if I actually went for Freo but as a neural I think they should be $1.70-$1.80 tbh.

Got to remember that Fremantle haven't really been tested this season. There was that many games where they were done at Halftime this year and put the cue in the rack. Wouldn't read too much into the losses vs WCE & Hawks this year tbh. Only game where Fremantle was pushing and didn't win was against the Tigers @ Subi imo.

That last final vs. Sydney was done early, despite the scoreline being deceiving. I am so confident that no team in the league can handle Fremantle at Subi when they are there for all 4 quarters. Obviously I would be shitting bricks if I actually went for Freo but as a neural I think they should be $1.70-$1.80 tbh.

We'd have to be the best team of all time if we can successfully rest just the right amount each game to win so many games by 2-3 goals only. 

LOL - Do u support Aberfeldie?

As that would be a good tonic for an Essendon fan.

NOTE: Port Melbourne players often retire from VFL to make cash at Aberfeldie.

I'm a bit of an EDFL slut. Gladstone Park hasn't had a team since the 90's so I find it hard to be loyal to any clubs.

Used to go for Airport West because of high school friends but they've never been the same since moving to the Premier division. Premier division sucks tbh, becoming too sanitized.

Got a few mates down at Hadfield so have a soft spot for them as they are perennial battlers but have a good culture. Just won their first flag since the 80's. Back in B Grade where they belong.

Jacana has come from nowhere recently and they are the closest ground to my house so they have my support next season to hopefully push for a flag as it would be a good story. Used to get smashed by 200+ points weekly when I was a kid.

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1

Freo to beat the hawks @ 2.40. Surely overs there. Thinking of opening a Ladbrokes account and using the $100 free bet on the dockers, which might go some way to getting me a GF ticket.

1. $2.40 is a bit too low to be using freebets on.

2. Let me refer you, so I get a bonus bet too. Actually f someone refers you it's upto $300 bonus bet you can get, and it's a deposit match bonus rather than a first bet match bonus. Eg the standard signup offer is they'll match your first bet upto $100 in bonus bets, if it's through referral the signup offer is they'll match your first deposit upto $300, so you can jsut do a bunch of smaller bets with your deposited $300 if you like instead of having to bet $100 on one thing.

Legitimately think I could go pro gambling on soccer, would be low margin but I think I would be profitable already and I don't do much more than consider the form most the time. If I watched games more etc. I could do even better.

Will try just betting on singles this weekend and see how I go.

Should probably also do some tipping like that tennis tips guy, I am more successful on soccer than he is on tennis.

Edited by Tesla

Legitimately think I could go pro gambling on soccer, would be low margin but I think I would be profitable already and I don't do much more than consider the form most the time. If I watched games more etc. I could do even better.

Will try just betting on singles this weekend and see how I go.

Should probably also do some tipping like that tennis tips guy, I am more successful on soccer than he is on tennis.

You sound like me when I'm drunk while playing darts and start telling people I would be better than Michael Van Gerwen if I trained 6 hours a day.

• Like 3

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu