Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladbrokes promo, first try scorer scores within first 10 minutes - double your winnings on tonight's roosters v rabbitohs. 

No email just found it in promo section on the app

They had it a few times, I don't really like it TBH. It's just too random, so it would take some sort of insurance promo or at least a second tryscorer payout etc. to get me to bet on it and even then I'm not sure. I've bet on first tryscorer very few times and had the luck of landing it 1-2 times but its fucked.

Much prefer AFL first goalscorer, juicy odds as well and obviously quite random but no where near as random as first tryscorer. 

Fuck yes. Sportsbet have now added Bundesliga and Serie A to the 4+ leg multi refund (if one leg fails) that was only on EPL. I'm sure A-League will be added when the season starts too like last season when it was EPL and A-League. 

Easy money. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

So ladbrokes gave me a $8 bonus bet. Hardly ever use them curious if its proportionate to the amount you gamble of if their offers are just crap?

Very random amount, it must be due to a bet you paced triggering some offer you probably didn't know about. Maybe check your past bets and see if you bet $8 on something? 

Ladbrokes promo, first try scorer scores within first 10 minutes - double your winnings on tonight's roosters v rabbitohs. 

No email just found it in promo section on the app

Crownbet promo is better if you want to get on first tryscorer, they match your bet with a bonus bet to use on last tryscorer. Will have a crack. 

Hmm crownbet now being added to crown rewards poses an interesting way to score membership tiers.

1 point = 1 tier point so it's pretty decent.

Fixed racing is 1 point per $1, tote racing 1 point per $2, sports 1 point per $5, and multis 1 point per $1.

I ignore all the fixed racing and multi offers at criownbet as they're pretty average but might start getting on them, as well as some other fixed racing and mutli betting.

At the end of the day turning over $450 in a week on fixed racing is not a lot. Do it 5 times in 6 months, score Silver status.

Got on Geelong under 39.5, won by 39 lol

Had $100 on Gellong at $2.20, not bad.

Had $100 on the dogs, got a refund from sportsbet, so didnt lose anything.

Haven't touched these other games, LOL @ anyone that gets on $1.01 or $1.04 odds.

Digitalism won me $1100 in the last at the Valley today, happy days you pack of cunts. :up: 

You were betting $100 a race on the BT+20%?

How much were you down before that?

I also did pretty well on the BT+20% at the valley and randwick, but was only betting $25 on each race, only up a couple hundred in the end.

Had $100 on Gellong at $2.20, not bad.

Had $100 on the dogs, got a refund from sportsbet, so didnt lose anything.

Haven't touched these other games, LOL @ anyone that gets on $1.01 or $1.04 odds.

Youd have to be an absolute mug or be betting a huge amount to get on odds like that. My general rule of thumb is nothing under 1.30 and even that is a stretch to bet at odds that shit

Youd have to be an absolute mug or be betting a huge amount to get on odds like that. My general rule of thumb is nothing under 1.30 and even that is a stretch to bet at odds that shit

Betting a huge amount and then getting rolled and losing 5 figures or more on one bet when it doesn't come off (and these $1.04 fail a LOT more than they should).

AFL would be about a 104% market,so a $1.04 odds bets implies the bookie thinks it has about a 92.5% chance of occurring, but I'm not convinced that on average 1.04 bets are even that likely. I think the bookies give lower odds than the probabilities dictate because they know the money will come in regardless from people thinking it's a way too make easy money on a 'guaranteed' result. Probably a 90% chance max on average, and if you're happy putting on $25k to make $1k with only 90% certainty then good luck.

I wouldn't even touch a $1.30 bet unless it's in a multi (and even then I only do multis if I'm getting some extra incentive, eg bonus winnings or refund if 1 leg fails etc.). Same shit applies at $1.30 if you ask me as well, even if the bookies are right on the probabilities, it's only a 74% chance and fuck putting on like $2k just to make $600 if it comes off, but I'm pretty convinced that again the bookies give even lower odds than they actually think the probability is on these things because the money will come in anyway.

Bookies would want to manage their risk and balance the payout a bit and when they have cunts putting down like $30k on these bets it makes sense to me that they would lower the odds on the favourite and increase them on the other side to encourage more bets on that side. This is just an assumption TBH, others on here may have a better idea if that's how it works. But either way, even if they are fair odds it's still way too likely to fail to be putting on the large amounts required to get a decent return.

Still LOLing from a couple months back when TAB posted that some cunt got on Fremantle with $30k on $1.30 odds or something like that, they psoted it before the game, and then Fremantle lost. LOL ffs. Can just imagine some cunt putting on their $30k life savings on a 'guaranteed' result like this ffs.

Edited by Tesla

Anyone seen CrownBet Rewards? Saw it advertised and was quite excited about it. Turns out that for  $500 u turn over on sports betting you get $1 to spend at Crown. Think it's a great concept just needs to be a lot more rewarding. 

There is a lot more rewarding.

I made a post about it not too long ago in this thread.

The key is to acquire higher membership tiers, you start at bronze, but just getting up to silver is great as you get free parking any time at Crown (I guess that doesnt mean much for you though).

To go up a tier you need membership credits or w/e they are called, you need 5 for silver, and to get 1 you need to get 450 points in a week (6am monday to 6am monday).

So to get those 450 points you either spend $450 on fixed racing or multis, $900 on tote racing, or  $2250 on sports. Or any combination of those.

It's really not that hard to turnover  $450 on fixed horse racing. Do it 5 times and you go upto silver for a year. If you work near crown even if you lost all your money $2250 is cheap annual parking given the location.

Hard to get Gold though, but once you have that it's easier to maintain as you get access to baller sections of cdrown and you can just sit on a $100 backgammon table and pretend you're playing when your just sitting there farming points.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

There is a lot more rewarding.

I made a post about it not too long ago in this thread.

The key is to acquire higher membership tiers, you start at bronze, but just getting up to silver is great as you get free parking any time at Crown (I guess that doesnt mean much for you though).

To go up a tier you need membership credits or w/e they are called, you need 5 for silver, and to get 1 you need to get 450 points in a week (6am monday to 6am monday).

So to get those 450 points you etiher spend $450 on fixed racing or multis, $900 on tote racing, or  $2250 on sports. Or any combination of those.

It's really not that hard to turnover  $450 on fixed horse racing. Do it 5 times and you go upto silver for a year. If you work near crown even if you lost all your money $2250 is cheap annual parking given the location.

Didn't realise the different membership tiers. Did see that points are gained faster by fixed odds racing but markets around 120% are obviously hard to turn a lot of money over and consistently be close to breaking even.  

Didn't realise the different membership tiers. Did see that points are gained faster by fixed odds racing but markets around 120% are obviously hard to turn a lot of money over and consistently be close to breaking even.  

True, but top tote is usually not much better, so if you're going to have a bet on the horses anyway it's worth considering.

I work opposite the river from Crown, a few guys go over every lunch and play roulette on their lunch break to get free parking. Even if they lose every single bet they make on the tables they still end up in front or near what they'd pay normally for parking elsewhere. They get all sorts of free shit like free meals and access to special rooms. One of them doesn't even put any money down, just hands their card in and hangs around for 15 mins. 

Ubet also have an awards program which might be more generous, I'm not sure.

Also a FYI lads that luxbet have $2.50 favourites for every NRL/AFL match this weekend, $20 max bet.

Edited by hedaik

I work opposite the river from Crown, a few guys go over every lunch and play roulette on their lunch break to get free parking. Even if they lose every single bet they make on the tables they still end up in front or near what they'd pay normally for parking elsewhere. They get all sorts of free shit like free meals and access to special rooms. One of them doesn't even put any money down, just hands their card in and hangs around for 15 mins. 

Ubet also have an awards program which might be more generous, I'm not sure.

Also a FYI lads that luxbet have $2.50 favourites for every NRL/AFL match this weekend, $20 max bet.

If they get free meals etc. than they're at least Gold from my understanding.

And yeah, once you're gold you can do shit like just hang around at the high roller tables so it's easy to maintain. But getting to gold is hard.

Edited by Tesla

AFL Grand Final Quinella:

Fremantle/Richmond $26

Fremantle/North Melbourne $51

Thinking Sydney out in straight sets & Freo to win this weekend & their Friday night prelim & maybe I'll get a good cash out before the other prelim. Long shot but got dem feels.

Freo in the box seat for sure but can't rule out the Hawks?

Was coming in to post this. I'm up $200 already this weekend. Could get very ugly for the bookies. 

I'm up at least 160, looks like my 300-400 estimate was too low. 

With a first goalscorer and fist tryscorer promo on every game with crownbet pretty sure I'll land at least one of those as well. 

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu