Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise Shaqiri wasn't playing, but even when Stoke were losing I still would have stood by that bet, $5.70 too much for them, as the second half showed, could easily have won it but they were content with a draw away.Pretty keen to back them next week as I assume they will be paying a lot again, but backing up that second half performance + the addition of Shaqiri should be very interesting.

Didn't realise Shaqiri wasn't playing, but even when Stoke were losing I still would have stood by that bet, $5.70 too much for them, as the second half showed, could easily have won it but they were content with a draw away.Pretty keen to back them next week as I assume they will be paying a lot again, but backing up that second half performance + the addition of Shaqiri should be very interesting.

think PL tweeted something saying he had to serve a 1 game ban from italy

swansea going to rape sunderland next week

Honestly there are a number of reasons I don't post the vast majority of my bets.

The primary one is that the vast majority of people aren't mentally equipped to bet like I do. I've said it before, but I am basically devoid of all human emotion when betting, it's hard to explain but I don't really see it as money. Anyway having no emotion is what lets me take the calculated risks I make, it's usually landing a bet or two at big odds that's the difference between me breaking even and me being up $300-500. I've tried to get a number of mates onto my betting style when they've asked me for tips etc but they don't have the balls for it in the end, so it doesn't work out and they just piss me off, if you're not going to do what I say then don't ask me. I used to think it would be impossible to consistently make money betting, but then after winning so much I realised this is why I am able to do it and the vast majority of people aren't. So in summary, there is no point me posting what I bet on because you wouldn't listen to me anyway. But I'll try to do it more anyway. The other thing is, I also have accounts everywhere and a key part of my strategy is getting the best odds and most people cbf going out and looking for the best odds etc. if you don't care about the odds you're betting at you will never make any money. So if I gave a tip it wouldn't even be X is going to win, it would be X but you have to get on at $4.20. 

Other reasons I can't/won't post most of my bets are that a lot are literally last second, so can't post those. If I post a promotion, then it should be pretty clear that I'm getting on the promotion, so again not going to post much about those most the time, but they are how I make most my money. Usually most my money has come from the promotions that entice you to take a big risk, eg afl first goalscorer promos recently, during soccer season it's usually correct score or w/e, if there is a good chance of cash back then i'm having a crack and just happen to land a winner quite often. Lastly, there are certain betting strategys I keep secret because I believe I have found an advantage to exploit, most of these are unproven yet and don't account for much/any of my winnings anyway.

But I'll try post more anyway.

Couple days ago I got on Sporting Lisbon to win the Portugese League at $7 odds, i dont think any games have been played since then so should still be good. Really just hoping it will shorten and then I can cash out for a profit, if not I'll just cash out for a partial loss in a few weeks, I cbf with futures bets so I'm not sticking it out and I dont think they will actually win, just that they are a lot better chance than $7, maybe more like $4.

disagree on Sporting, Benfica & Porto are just that cut above for mine. I've left the Portugese league this year but if you had a gun to my head I would say Porto only because Benfica seemed to have a bit more of a scattered pre-season in regards to traveling and results.

Mourinho. :up:

:up: 

@Tesla if you want something that will shorten in price, Fremantle $4.25 to win the Premiership. Very likely that they will play 2 games at Home in the finals hence being a very high chance of making the Grand Final, where they will be favorites against anyone bar Hawthorn who will have a tougher route to the final.

• Like 1

@Tesla if you want something that will shorten in price, Fremantle $4.25 to win the Premiership. Very likely that they will play 2 games at Home in the finals hence being a very high chance of making the Grand Final, where they will be favorites against anyone bar Hawthorn who will have a tougher route to the final.

Interesting, will have a look and probably get on it

FWIW, Sporting have shortened to $6 now. Anymore and can cash out for a profit. 

Talk me out of unleashing on CSKA to qualify for the next round @ $1.90 vs. Sporting on Bet365.

They knocked off Benfica in the Portugese Super Cup. There isn't much else to go off, they won their first league game away, yeah the other team is shit but it's still tough when playing away. Good results in pre season friendlies but you can't really read too much into it.

On the other hand CSKA are flying in Russia.

$1.90 isn't bad to qualify, I do think it's pretty 50-50, but dunno for some reason I see Sporting getting up.

On another note, I wouldn't mind some sort of bet on Rabotnički in the Europa league qualifying. Haven't looked into it yet but I think they were $4 to win the first leg at home. Maybe I'll get on them at +1 instead. I think they could cause Rubin some problems, they played their last qualifier with 10 men for a long time and won it in extra time. This club is crazy, they aren't even that big a club in Macedonia, probably like half the budget of Vardar, but they always pull off the best results in Europe out of any Macedonian team.

Edited by Tesla

They knocked off Benfica in the Portugese Super Cup. There isn't much else to go off, they won their first league game away, yeah the other team is shit but it's still tough when playing away. Good results in pre season friendlies but you can't really read too much into it.

On the other hand CSKA are flying in Russia.

$1.90 isn't bad to qualify, I do think it's pretty 50-50, but dunno for some reason I see Sporting getting up.

On another note, I wouldn't mind some sort of bet on Rabotnički in the Europa league qualifying. Haven't looked into it yet but I think they were $4 to win the first leg at home. Maybe get on them at +1 instead. I think they could cause Rubin some problems, they played their last qualifier with 10 men for a long time and won it in extra time. This club is crazy, they aren't even that big a club in Macedonia, probably like half the budget of Vardar, but they always pull off the best results in Europe out of any Macedonian team.

I'm leaning towards CSKA because I think they are more likely to make their home advantage count plus I thought Doumbia was gone for good. Not sure whether I should back them now or hope they lose the first leg by a goal and see what odds I get for them to qualify.

I think Hajduk are a good chance this week away to Liberec, will be paying $4+, Hajduk was $6.50 against Rijeka on the weekend and I had a nibble, was 0-0 unfortunanetly. Hopefully 365 releases to qualify odds before Friday.

I'm leaning towards CSKA because I think they are more likely to make their home advantage count plus I thought Doumbia was gone for good. Not sure whether I should back them now or hope they lose the first leg by a goal and see what odds I get for them to qualify.

I think Hajduk are a good chance this week away to Liberec, will be paying $4+, Hajduk was $6.50 against Rijeka on the weekend and I had a nibble, was 0-0 unfortunanetly. Hopefully 365 releases to qualify odds before Friday.

Yeah good point about the home advantage, dunno it's a tough one. I'm not touching it.

Anyone else get sent an email offer for the York carnival or is it just cause I always bet on UK racing? 

They dun fucked up, placed 3x $10 bets on Monday night on UK racing and ended up $105 up,  placed 3x $10 bets last night on UK racing and ended up $49. I am king of UK racing come the fuck at me Sportsbet. 

There's some good value for Fremantle and Essendon this weekend if you can find the right market. Don't mind 1-39 points at $2.50 and $3.60 respectively. 

I like Freo H2H this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Ross treats this a bit like a dress rehearsal for the 1st final as opposed to last week.

I like Freo H2H this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Ross treats this a bit like a dress rehearsal for the 1st final as opposed to last week.

Wait and see what team is selected, particularly if McPharlin and/or Pav are rested

Off to Moonee Valley on Saturday, post your sure things here. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

Wait and see what team is selected, particularly if McPharlin and/or Pav are rested

depending on how strong the rails bias is, I do not mind Tawteen at all. Should be better second up and went alright last start when the rails wasn't the place to be and the winner got the best run..

wtf is wrong with william hill, trying to put on my nrl thursday live call and it won't go through, 10 mins into the game now and odds keep dropping ffs

Did you end up getting on it?

Was trying to do it while on my phone but then it died.

Missed that and the free hit at Ladbrokes tonight, ffs.

Did you end up getting on it?

Was trying to do it while on my phone but then it died.

Missed that and the free hit at Ladbrokes tonight, ffs.

nope tried the whole 80 mins + half time and didn't go through, asked live chat and the spastic said the servers were overloaded, no apology or anything, will message them when the live chat goes down at 11 asking for a bonus or something

wish i knew about the ladbrokes promo too :(

nope tried the whole 80 mins + half time and didn't go through, asked live chat and the spastic said the servers were overloaded, no apology or anything, will message them when the live chat goes down at 11 asking for a bonus or something

wish i knew about the ladbrokes promo too :(

Probably did it on purpose, William Hill (and subsidiaries) are the worst cunts TBH. When they stop giving away free money I'll never place a bet with them. 

Darts tonight.

Adrian Lewis to beat Simon Whitlock $1.44

Stephen Bunting -2.5 vs. David Platt $1.66

$2.39 multi, thank me later.

Got on this, but I got better odds. Looked on WH and it was about the same, but at Sportsbet it was a fair bit better. $2.64. Looking good anyway :up:

@Tesla Had a whinge on the WH live chat and the guy gave me a $50 free bet
"Hi, extremely disappointed with tonights nrl live call promo, unable to place a bet during the whole game and even during half time, asked a staff member during the game and he said the server was overloaded, not even an apology. Would of been nice to atleast get 1 bet in"

WH: I understand your frustration and I can only apologize for the mishap. I will allocate a $50 bonus bet into your account for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Will you be in the Members or the Public?

Because I will probably be there as well getting my last fix before Europe... also the basic things to do would be to prioritise Track Form first when it comes to The Valley and ESP if there is strong Track Form over the distance available and at this time of year first up form for the horses returning for the spring.

(FWIW in general all betting systems usually will have Track Form as the strongest variable... hence why Racing in Perth is both very predictable as they always race at the same track for half of the year therefore the races dont throw up many long shots now the industry over there is "some what" cleaned up from the Old Cowboy Days.)

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Just GA, will be bringing Mrs Hedaik and young mate as well seeings the weather is looking pretty good. Feel free to bring down some cucumber sandwiches if you venture into our area. 

My dads mates horse is Gold Busker #2 R6. Will seek out their level of confidence on the day. 

Just GA, will be bringing Mrs Hedaik and young mate as well seeings the weather is looking pretty good. Feel free to bring down some cucumber sandwiches if you venture into our area. 

My dads mates horse is Gold Busker #2 R6. Will seek out their level of confidence on the day. 

Its a small place so I will probably be able to spot you from the Members and come say hello... a lot smart horses in that race going of their form as two year olds but TBH if I was your dad I would already chuffed just to own horse that got to track is in a Listed Race in early spring and one that has only performed in each outing well so far.

This race often finds out a lot of the strong two year olds from Autumn that haven't kept growing so the betting market can end up meaning very little and most of those in the race have a chance as it's all about who has developed in the paddock and who has not... its like last week how Vancouver flopped after completely dominating the two year old season in Sydney.

Edited by cadete

ripper, william hill has separate click to call money back for nrl and afl tonight

crownbet has richmond at $2 for tomorrow 

You're so getting banned from promos.

Got my crownbet card, in for some big wins.

Edited by Tesla

You're so getting banned from promos.

Got my crownbet card, in for some big wins.

haha they must of given everyone a $50 bonus bet from last night cause I've got $100 sitting there now

I'm hopeless, to qualify for the ladbrokes daily bonus bet challenge i've been doing 50cent win/draw on certainties in ucl/europa

haha they must of given everyone a $50 bonus bet from last night cause I've got $100 sitting there now

I'm hopeless, to qualify for the ladbrokes daily bonus bet challenge i've been doing 50cent win/draw on certainties in ucl/europa

Nice, I have another $50 bonus bet there now.

Will blow it again :up: 

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu