Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

Much chance of anyone outside of Djokovic, Murray, and Federer winning Wimbeldon?

wawrinka would have to be in with a chance

Factored him in. Haven't factored in Nadal, he is paying $23 so it wouldn't cost much,  but he can go fuck himself he ain't winning shit

I hope.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a wild ride this weekend. Went way down yesterday and Friday on the footy & Copa America, then somehow crawled by way back to even in the last 16 hours starting from the Saints-Dogs game. Thank god for the darts, went 6-0 last night in line bets, and had a cheeky bit on Paraguay to qualify vs Brazil this morning.

just backed England in the women's World Cup as well, 2 goals as I write this post. Mint.

Answer my above question about Wimbeldon ya cunt

Djokers to lose, Murray the only real threat IMO.

• Like 2

Wouldn't mind placing some bets for lols on some Wimbeldon matches.

Looking at the offers, Ladbrokes are just doing a 'MegaMulti', looked at it and it's shit. If you put together the same mutli at sportsbet, yeah against standard odds the Ladbrokes MegaMulti is better, but sportsbet are doin g 20% bonus on multis and so you'd be better off doing the same multi at sportsbet, but of course you can do any multi you like at sportsbet so definitely the far superior offer.

WH have cash back if your player wins the first set and then loses, not bad but I'm guessing that doesn't happen much does it?

Crownbet have bonus bet if your multi loses by 1 leg, not bad would definitely take it up if it was cash back, but probably not for a bonus bet.

Anything else on? Overall pretty average offers I think.

Interesting to learn different bookmakers have different rules regarding tennis retirements, sportsbet and WH will void the bet, while unibet will pay out the winner if a set has been completed.

Bit annoying when you were going to win and it gets voided TBH, I understand it's shit if your player retires and you lose a bet but I sitll think it should stand.

Wouldn't mind placing some bets for lols on some Wimbeldon matches.

Looking at the offers, Ladbrokes are just doing a 'MegaMulti', looked at it and it's shit. If you put together the same mutli at sportsbet, yeah against standard odds the Ladbrokes MegaMulti is better, but sportsbet are doin g 20% bonus on multis and so you'd be better off doing the same multi at sportsbet, but of course you can do any multi you like at sportsbet so definitely the far superior offer.

WH have cash back if your player wins the first set and then loses, not bad but I'm guessing that doesn't happen much does it?

Crownbet have bonus bet if your multi loses by 1 leg, not bad would definitely take it up if it was cash back, but probably not for a bonus bet.

Anything else on? Overall pretty average offers I think.

Have a look at the tennis tipster page on twitter, usually have some decent trebles, multi's and doubles on offer

Today's megamulti from Ladbrokes is actually good, very unusual. $2.75 for Roger Federer, Andy Murray and Eugenie Bouchard all to win in straight sets. That's about a 30% boost, only 3 legs, and two are pretty likely to get up.

Today's megamulti from Ladbrokes is actually good, very unusual. $2.75 for Roger Federer, Andy Murray and Eugenie Bouchard all to win in straight sets. That's about a 30% boost, only 3 legs, and two are pretty likely to get up.

You should take ubets special for Andy Murray as well, $3 for less than 27 games. Unfortunately I cant hedge it as everybody else is offering more than 27 games. 

Edited by hedaik

You should take ubets special for Andy Murray as well, $3 for less than 27 games. Unfortunately I cant hedge it as everybody else is offering more than 27 games. 

Yeah seen that, it's 6-7pm so if I'm around at that time then I will get on it.

Won a 5 leg multi turning 25 into 57 lols. 

Also had a $40 multi at unibet and lost one leg cause I had Karlovic 3-0, but will get it refunded, ongoing unibet offer of one multi refunded a week if 1 leg fails :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

lol fucking unibet require you to either have funds deposited or have placed a bet in the last 24 hours to watch their streams. It's barely been 24 hours since my last bet and I can't watch their Wimbledon streams, get fucked. Obviously they don't want freeloaders but seriously they could make it the last week or at least like 72 hours or something, I bet with them all the time ffs.

So even with my no loss strategy I feel like Ive lost at times. 

You are losing by hedging, unless you're exploiting some promotion on both sides of the event. Eg, by hedging with Crownbet like you say.

The reason you can make a profit arbitrating is because one side of the event is paying too much, on average you will profit from making that bet on the promotional market. But making the hedging bet, on average you will lose money on that hedging bet. So while you will never lose on a single event and be up slightly always doing an arbitrage, if you just bet on the promotional market, in the long run you'd be up by more. I hope that makes sense?

Again, unless you're exploiting something on both sides of the market.

Edited by Tesla

Most times with the ladbrokes $2 fav you'll only get about $2-3 profit if you back both

Bit better tonight with the pies being arounds 3.50, i went with pies 1-39 at 4.33 so i ended up with a bit over 10, not much to most of you but good for me

Should have backed the pies at WH, you would have got your stake refunded as they lost by less than 18 points.

Interestingly Ladbrokes are doing best tote + 20% on the greyhounds tomorrow night at Wentworth Park. You never even get best tote on greyhounds, I guess because there is often a large gap between them due to low volume in the market. Don't know anything about this wentworth park meeting, but I'm guessing it's a bigger one that would have better volume and so the totes wont be so different from each other, but definitely sounds like there is some potential for some good winnings, worth having a look.

You are losing by hedging, unless you're exploiting some promotion on both sides of the event. Eg, by hedging with Crownbet like you say.

The reason you can make a profit arbitrating is because one side of the event is paying too much, on average you will profit from making that bet on the promotional market. But making the hedging bet, on average you will lose money on that hedging bet. So while you will never lose on a single event and be up slightly always doing an arbitrage, if you just bet on the promotional market, in the long run you'd be up by more. I hope that makes sense?

Again, unless you're exploiting something on both sides of the market.

Eh? Only need enhanced odds from one side to make guaranteed coin or no risk. Im only making $5-$15 per event but its still netting me around $60 a week and also allows me to use up my bonus bets from the free daily  greyhound betts from William Hill/CB/TW. As I got two winners from the dogs I'll be pocketing $150 this week risk free, 

Interestingly Ladbrokes are doing best tote + 20% on the greyhounds tomorrow night at Wentworth Park. You never even get best tote on greyhounds, I guess because there is often a large gap between them due to low volume in the market. Don't know anything about this wentworth park meeting, but I'm guessing it's a bigger one that would have better volume and so the totes wont be so different from each other, but definitely sounds like there is some potential for some good winnings, worth having a look.

Wentworth Park is sponsored by Ladbrokes, they've been doing the tote+ promo for a little while now. 

Eh? Only need enhanced odds from one side to make guaranteed coin or no risk. Im only making $5-$15 per event but its still netting me around $60 a week and also allows me to use up my bonus bets from the free daily  greyhound betts from William Hill/CB/TW. As I got two winners from the dogs I'll be pocketing $150 this week risk free, 

Yes, but what I'm saying is, if the enhanced oodds are only on one side, you'd be better off in the long run just betting on the enhanced odds and not hedging. 

• Like 1

Wentworth Park is sponsored by Ladbrokes, they've been doing the tote+ promo for a little while now. 

Come to think of it, I have seen them do it before, I just usually ignore it. But since betting on the dogs with the WH promo (fwiw I've also been going very well with that) I'm more interested in it now, especially after seeing how large the difference can be in the totes.

WhiIe I'm here, shout out to the Bookmaker.com.au afl first goalscorer promo, paying out 2nd goal. Got on Jack Reiewoldt, easy 195$ return off $30. One from one, but I'm going to keep going and probably give it back lawl. 

Yes, but what I'm saying is, if the enhanced oodds are only on one side, you'd be better off in the long run just betting on the enhanced odds and not hedging. 

probably, but it contains more risk then what I'm currently doing which I can't afford with the way we budget our spending money. 

Either way im making money and beating the bookies.

Edited by hedaik

probably, but it contains more risk then what I'm currently doing which I can't afford with the way we budget our spending money. 

Yeah, I completely understand that. I'm just talking from a risk neutral point of view. But most people are risk adverse like you and would do the same. I'm just abnormal in that I'm fairly risk neutral and so I don't mind taking calculated risks and that's probably what accounts for most my success.

WhiIe I'm here, shout out to the Bookmaker.com.au afl first goalscorer promo, paying out 2nd goal. Got on Jack Reiewoldt, easy 195$ return off $30. One from one, but I'm going to keep going and probably give it back lawl. 

Lost the rest of these until the last match, picked up another $225 thanks to Michael Walters. So ended with $270 off $30 deposit betting on first goal scorers.

Interestingly Ladbrokes are doing best tote + 20% on the greyhounds tomorrow night at Wentworth Park. 

Lost the first couple of bets on this but then came back strongly, ended up $100 after 6 races before deciding to quit while I'm ahead but it was very hard to stop TBH, greyhounds easily the most addictive shit ffs.

Up at least $300 for the weekend, not bad as I won back the $150 I lost last weekend during the week already.

Edited by Tesla

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu