Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

Dominating, apart from Victory yesterday and Adelaide today, which is annoying because that's what I've bet the most on ffs. Still a good weekend, haven't even used most my bonus bets yet.

Even killing it on AFL by betting purely on form while the odds take into account retarded shit like the roster and what not, I don't know anything about that. All I know is $3+ for the bulldogs was good money. Got a refund on Melbourne, and gonna win again on Adelaide.

Edited by Tesla

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be a good idea to log into your ladbrokes and/or betstar accounts. Their sites have been fucked all day, last time this happened they chucked a bonus bet the way of anyone that had been on the site that day.

actually really fucking annoying trying to place a bet.

edit: worst cunts out, why is their website such a piece of shit.

Edited by Tesla

was a pretty average weekend in the end, only up about $50 which is shit given I had a few bonus bets.

got trolled pretty good in that my 3 biggest bets failed while i won the vast majority of my smaller bets, would have been up a fair bit if it wasnt for the big bets failing.

Thoughts on the Sportsbet NBA Special? Back a team to win the Championship (min $50) & get a $5 free bet everytime your team wins but to be used on the NBA playoffs.

Cavs are as close to a certainty to get through to the Conference Finals as you could imagine. So there's 8 wins guaranteed and $40 of your $50 back in free bets. Then you can hedge. I like it. I already have Cavs to win the East in a multi I made last August lol.

Thoughts on the Sportsbet NBA Special? Back a team to win the Championship (min $50) & get a $5 free bet everytime your team wins but to be used on the NBA playoffs.

Cavs are as close to a certainty to get through to the Conference Finals as you could imagine. So there's 8 wins guaranteed and $40 of your $50 back in free bets. Then you can hedge. I like it. I already have Cavs to win the East in a multi I made last August lol.

Sounds really good. Think i'll give it a go! Youd be crazy to put it on anyone it the west, maybe GSW, think theyll come close to sweeping NO, although they upset them in their last meeting. and would be comfortable against memphis or portland. Cleveland's the logical option but It'll mean ill have to root for them! :(

I've been doing so so well punting on the nba. I just need to stop putting winnings into football and afl haha.

Anyone here use crownbet? Used to be betezy and they were linked with footytips.com.au

rd 1 they had that tip 9 and win a share of money, people that didn't got a $20 free bet voucher to be used by tomorrow night i think, 

put mine on richmond to win by 1-39 tonight paying 2.10

- well that was a waste  :facepalm:

Edited by Thrillhouse

started with 200, withdraw 666. Was at 750 earlier tonight and then fucked it up, but thats how it goes sometimes.

Most the winnings came on the races, dont think i made much/any on the soccer, getting over betting on soccer, too easy to get fucked.

Anyone taking Pacquiao @ $2.70?

I want to do Mayweather to win on points but a mate of mine who is keen on boxing talked me out of it. He reckons Pac should be slight favorite but idk, hate the cunts face, really want Floyd to win.

Really?? I absolutely hate Mayweather, complete and utter toss bag. 

Manny will try and knock him out. Thats the way I see it. This fight will not end on points. 

• Like 2

They are both the best fighters we will see in our time.

I can't see either "going for the ko", they both too smart for that.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I can pretty much guarantee that both fighters plans are to fight a smart fight and not give their opponent a chance of a knock-out.

$2 afl favourites on Saturday, but only 20 max bet.

You could arbitrage it but I don't see the benefit doing that, you're likely to make more profit just betting the $2 favourites and no arbitrating it.

The reason I don't like to arbitrage these (applys to take on Tom etc as well) is because it's the promo on the one side of the bet creating the profit, by arbitrating and betting on the other side of the match too you're making a bet where the bookie is making a profit, so even though you guarantee your profit you've given some of it away on average.

The only time I'd arbitrage is if there is a promo on both sides, which did happen once not that long ago but I forget on what.

Edited by Tesla

You could arbitrage it but I don't see the benefit doing that, you're likely to make more profit just betting the $2 favourites and no arbitrating it.

The reason I don't like to arbitrage these (applys to take on Tom etc as well) is because it's the promo on the one side of the bet creating the profit, by arbitrating and betting on the other side of the match too you're making a bet where the bookie is making a profit, so even though you guarantee your profit you've given some of it away on average.

The only time I'd arbitrage is if there is a promo on both sides, which did happen once not that long ago but I forget on what.

There aren't any particularly long odds anyway for any of the underdogs bar St Kilda, any profit would be minimal.

There aren't any particularly long odds anyway for any of the underdogs bar St Kilda, any profit would be minimal.

Depends, odds going from < 1.4 to 2 on one side of the match is huge, there would be like a 20% advantage to the better. But the $20 limit kills it I suppose.

Actually, an arbitrage at sportsbet could be good, guaranteed profit and if the losing team at sportsbet leads after a quarter you also get a refund at sportsbet for more profit :up:

May be worth it in that case, promo on both sides :hmm:

Pretty good weekend, up close to $500. I know you lads love multis so here you go:

b7gIIVa.jpg

Solid win on our game as well there as you can see. My other significant winnings were on the horses yesterday, pretty up and down betting over 5 locations but ended up about $200 on that.

Gonna get sucked in to this Arsenal vs Chelsea offer so might end up giving back $60 or so.

Nux paying $1.91 for the win on Sunday......

I'm guessing thats a 90 mins win?

Pretty good TBH given they are at home.

On another note, gambling is fucking my view of money up, the average person makes like $200 in a day of work, seems fucking shit when I can just win that in 1 bet. This is not going to end well.

• Like 2

Melbourne City FC has secured UBET as a Major Partner for the Hyundai A-League 2015/16 season.

The one year deal positions UBET as the Official Betting and a Major Partner for the club, offering a number of benefits including digital integration, signage and exclusive experiential opportunities.

The partnership will provide a platform for driving awareness of UBET in Victoria as the brand looks to build a national profile, as well as help position itself as a wagering provider of choice in Australia.

The announcement comes as UBET launches their new national brand this week.

UBET Brand General Manager, Penny Glasson said; “Football is the fastest growing sport from a wagering perspective and Melbourne City represents a very strong partnership opportunity given their growing strength as a team and fan base within the A-League,” Ms Glasson said.

“Traditionally under our old brands, we have taken a home-state approach to our partnerships. Under UBET, we are launching a national identity and aim to provide a thrilling punting experience across the country. Partnering with Melbourne City will help us achieve that through brand integration and fan engagement opportunities.”

The partnership marries perfectly to UBET’s core brand values, “for the thrill of it”, providing UBET customers with thrilling money can’t buy experiences.

Chief Executive Officer of Melbourne City FC, Scott Munn, said;

“We are proud to welcome UBET as our newest major partner at Melbourne City FC and are looking forward to working closely with them on a number of exciting opportunities for the 2015-16 season,” Munn said.

UBET, the wagering subsidiary of TattsGroup and formally known as TattsBet, announced the partnership as part of their re-brand which will launch nationally on Thursday 30 April, 2015.

The re-brand is a monumental change for the wagering business as it undergoes a transformation to reclaim its leadership position as one of Australia’s leading wagering companies.

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/ubet-scores-melbourne-city-fc-partnership/3y3qhlvrb3so1p2qp8262mzqi#GvMGeVzUt3JW26k0.99

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/ubet-scores-melbourne-city-fc-partnership/3y3qhlvrb3so1p2qp8262mzqi

free bets with next seasons membership please

Saw this ubet the other day, I think they sponsored one of the races I was betting on. Their website wasnt up just a landing page so I was wondering who they were (since I'm already signed up to every Aussie betting site). The more competition the better. But no signup bonus = no reason to signup to them yet.

Also their website is weird, like a mix of old and new.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of betfair, interesting article http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/blinkers-off-betting-exchange-fluctuations-that-put-the-fear-in-trainers/story-fnibcgg5-1227349375303

Nothing surprising there, the market is the most powerful force known to man and so an exchange is obviously going to be more accurate than bookies, most the time anyway.

Edited by Tesla

Speaking of betfair, interesting article http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/blinkers-off-betting-exchange-fluctuations-that-put-the-fear-in-trainers/story-fnibcgg5-1227349375303

Nothing surprising there, the market is the most powerful force known to man and so an exchange is obviously going to be more accurate than bookies, most the time anyway.

Decent read. All you have to do is look at an on track bookmakers laptop and 9 times out of 10 Betfairs site is up.

1) Free $50 matched bet on the greyhound email comes in from Centrebet

2) Bet on the favourite for the next race

3).......

4)Profit $115

All within 5 mins.

Legit did the exact same thing.

Welcome to my life, making money off exploiting all the promotions and not pretending to know what is actually going to win.

fuck, I'm the Goldman Sachs of betting.

If Essendon win I profit $63. If they dont, I lose $5.

Equivalent of $13.60 odds :up:

But if Essendon lead at one of the breaks, then I profit $35 even if they lose (or the above $63 if they win)

FFS gambling game 2strong.

I do realise they will probably lose, but worth a go at $13.60 odds with the chance of profiting even if they lose.

Could turn it into a completely risk free profit but there's no fun in that :up:

This is why I make $200-300 a week profit gambling.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

No freebets involved in mine. Though I am turning over some freebet winnings which is another plus to what I'm doing.

Whose given you a $100 freebet anyway?

William Hill. $100 matched bet for downloading their new app. Email came out on tuesdy

No freebets involved in mine. Though I am turning over some freebet winnings which is another plus to what I'm doing.

Whose given you a $100 freebet anyway?

William Hill. $100 matched bet for downloading their new app. Email came out on tuesdy

Didn't get it, I realised today I had $115 at William Hill I forgot about, I dont think they send you any deposit offers if you have a balance. It's one of a number of reasons I never leave a balance, but completely forgot this one.

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu