Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

William Hill has owned those mobs for a while though, correct Telsa? Thoight the rebranding had been in the pipes a while.

Yes, was always planned to happen 2015, they just announced it actually happening and the details of it yesterday. These betting companies seem to run a pretty tight ship, actually doing things on time.

This will probably be the height of competition. BetFred pulled out their Australian division (which hadn't even fully launched yet) a few weeks ago because there is too much competition in the Australian market already. With William Hill now looking to establish their main brand, things should continue being pretty good for punters for a while, until someone buys up BetEasy and any other up and coming Aussie companies (eg Palmer Bet)

The rise and fall of Tom Shithouse would make a good study for a marketing/advertising university student

What fall?

It's probably the most recognised brand in the market, given the confusion between sportsbet/sportingbet (which is why sportingbet is the first to go, too similar in name to sportsbet).

Tom is the CEO of William Hill Australia btw, and William Hill would be the biggest online betting company in Australia.

Edited by Tesla

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://m.bbc.com/sport/tennis/30908551

Always joked with mates that if you could predict when a female tennis player has their rags you could make a fortune betting against them. Might have to see who Heather Watson is playing in a month.

Dunno why a sports woman on good money wouldn't just use a contraception implant or needle to avoid it all together. 

William Hill has owned those mobs for a while though, correct Telsa? Thoight the rebranding had been in the pipes a while.

Yes, was always planned to happen 2015, they just announced it actually happening and the details of it yesterday. These betting companies seem to run a pretty tight ship, actually doing things on time.

This will probably be the height of competition. BetFred pulled out their Australian division (which hadn't even fully launched yet) a few weeks ago because there is too much competition in the Australian market already. With William Hill now looking to establish their main brand, things should continue being pretty good for punters for a while, until someone buys up BetEasy and any other up and coming Aussie companies (eg Palmer Bet)

The rise and fall of Tom Shithouse would make a good study for a marketing/advertising university student

What fall?

It's probably the most recognised brand in the market, given the confusion between sportsbet/sportingbet (which is why sportingbet is the first to go, too similar in name to sportsbet).

Tom is the CEO of William Hill Australia btw, and William Hill would be the biggest online betting company in Australia.

He went from a young, fresh, local likeable personality/brand to then being on every second advert and providing expert sporting commentary to then being one of the most hated 'personalities' to having his brand disappear in an insanely quick amount of time.  

What fall?

He went from a young, fresh, local likeable personality/brand to then being on every second advert and providing expert sporting commentary to then being one of the most hated 'personalities' to having his brand disappear in an insanely quick amount of time.

And in the mean time he picked up like $30m for selling his company to William Hill and is now the CEO of William Hill on a nice salary you would imagine. The brand was very successful, and is only going because they want to get more value out of the sponsorships and other marketing they do under the William Hill brand.

What fall?

And in the mean time he picked up like $30m for selling his company to William Hill and is now the CEO of William Hill on a nice salary you would imagine. The brand was very successful, and is only going because they want to get more value out of the sponsorships and other marketing they do under the William Hill brand.

Im not denying he is successful as a person, but Im referring specifically to how his brand was marketed which you surely can't deny how tarnished it was.  Even competing bookmakers were complaining about him saying he was making the industry look bad. 

• Like 1

What fall?

Im not denying he is successful as a person, but Im referring specifically to how his brand was marketed which you surely can't deny how tarnished it was.  Even competing bookmakers were complaining about him saying he was making the industry look bad.

The mistake he made is that he was almost too good at marketing his brand. It became too public, and that's where the issues arouse as it lead to people complaining about it appealing to minors to gamble etc., which put pressure on the government to further regulate the industry, which lead to other bookies being mad. Maybe it was tarnished to an extent, but all in all it would have been successful in that the brand was a lot more recognised and a lot more people would be betting with TomWaterhouse.com.

Got on Unders in the Card Index in the Palestine-Jordan game, going to follow that Korean referee as he was timid as fuck, only yellow he gave was for the handball by the GK outside the box which he had no choice to. There were atleast 2-3 bookable challenges throughout the game that he didn't even call a foul for lol, maybe it's just because both teams were middle eastern and he wasn't as comfortable throwing out cards, looking at his history suggest so as he does give them out in K-League games. Am gonna see what game he gets assigned to next for the Asian Cup.

Got assigned to China Australia. In for Unders card index.

• Like 1

Got on Unders in the Card Index in the Palestine-Jordan game, going to follow that Korean referee as he was timid as fuck, only yellow he gave was for the handball by the GK outside the box which he had no choice to. There were atleast 2-3 bookable challenges throughout the game that he didn't even call a foul for lol, maybe it's just because both teams were middle eastern and he wasn't as comfortable throwing out cards, looking at his history suggest so as he does give them out in K-League games. Am gonna see what game he gets assigned to next for the Asian Cup.

Don't the yellows get reset after this game though? Might make players less cautious of getting a yellow.

Got assigned to China Australia. In for Unders card index. Don't the yellows get reset after this game though? Might make players less cautious of getting a yellow.

Even then I doubt there will be as many fouls in this game than there was in Palestine-Jordan, was amazed at some of the stuff this ref let go. Not gonna put anything ridiculous on it, same as what I did for the Palestine-Jordan game.

Anyone else got the sportsbet cash card? I know a few people here use Ladbrokes as their preferred bookie, I assume the Ladbrokes card was the reason why.

Really not much reason to bet with Ladbrokes anymore, sportsbet generally have better odds, better promos, more markets, better deposit/withdrawal methods (PayPal, great to move your money between bookies quicky), better customer service, and now a cash card as well.

Edited by Tesla

Anyone got any tips for this? Don't follow wrestling like I used to but watch the Rumble every year as it's tradition.

Yep. The market is about 230%, don't be on it!

Well only 30 of those listed will actually compete so take that into account. Bit like early fixed odds on racing, market is never close to 100%

Success, only handed out 2 yellows, would have been 4 or more with another ref I reckon, let quite a bit go yet again. Going to keep following this ref until the bubble bursts.

Similar thing happened last year in the NBA, referee Eric Lewis had like a 20 game streak of games ending in Total Score Over because he just always calls rubbish fouls, stops the clock, give teams free throws.

Anyone having any luck with tennis multi's?

Been doing singles here and there, up slightly. Got on Tomic at the line in his last 2 games, had Serena yesterday @ the line. Got on Karlovic to beat Kyrgios though. I like Tomic -2.5 today @ $1.50.

Was going to take a Djokovic-Serena double before the tournament, kicking myself now that I didn't.

Had $30 on Australia 2-0, got back $195.

Think England are good value today. Around the $2.40. No Warner, Watson and Bailey. Also without Clarke and Johnson out of the best XI.

Was thinking the same, put $30 on England. Australia still slightly more likely to win it IMO, but at $2.60 it's worth a go. Hazlewood also out FWIW, would also get a game here otherwise.

Might interest you, BetEasy are doing the same offer they had on the first game - bet on Australia's top run scorer, get a matched bonus bet (upto $25) on Australia's top wicket taker. Pretty good offer, ended up winning both the bets on the first game so gonna play again for sure.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Had money on UAE at $9 but it only counted full time :(

had the same, but I had odds of $11 for them. You need to shop around. I have money in so many accounts that I just try to use up left over money in one account then move to another Edited by hedaik

I FUCKING LOVE GAMBLING

Adelaide? Took them -1.5 with Spurs -10.5 (Win) & Serena -6.5 (Win)

Kamikaze Saturdays FTW

Nah good win on my first bet on the day. Then I lost a few and lost like 1/3 of it lol. But yeah I have Adelaide and over 2.5, paying 2.10. One more before half time and I'll be confident of a 3rd coming in the second half.

Surely you're not as successful as you make out Tesla.

I obviously lose a lot too, and you can see plenty of losing bets I've placed just in this thread.

But as long as I profit overall I'm happy.

I was barely breaking even for a few weeks there and was about to stop but I'm back to winning good amounts these last 2 weeks.

I could very easily lose a lot as well, I chase losses, I bet larger amounts after losing, etc., dangerous games to play TBH but it's worked out well so far lol.

Edited by Tesla

And this is why sometimes multi's are better, because when it rains it tends to pour. Last nights picks, did them all as singles:

Man City -1 L

Chelsea -1 L

Tottenham L

Barcelona -1 W

Real Madrid -1 L

Lucky I had a good Saturday afternoon, balance now running as thin as it's been for the last 2 months.

Edited by MaliMate

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu