Melbourne Football

City v Sydney - Saturday 1st August 5pm at ANZ Stadium

Harrison

1 hour ago, Dezy94 said:

Game Day! Hopefully our years of choking are coming to an end and today kick-starts us on the road to a trophy and a place in Asia. 

To win, boys need to get aggressive with the likes of Ninkovic and Le Fondre and offer them no time and space on the ball. Cmon City!!

1 hour ago, Red or Dead said:

All results since the restart have gone our way! Now time to take our destiny into our own hands!! Not having played since March 23rd means no match fitness so I'll be happy with a draw here as a loss will see us drop to 3rd on goal difference.

Playing out of a massive ANZ Stadium will be interesting...our boys should feel right at home with a tiny crowd in a big stadium 🤣 

The above two posts summarise my feelings .Momby and the lads need to deliver us something from here - ten seasons is a long time to keep the faith in our club. I would love to see us get the win, but I would be happy to take a point.

Since when was it game day? Fookin fire up!!

This will be the first HAL game I've watched since pre-Covid

Just now, Harrison said:

Delbridge at RB is my least favourite Mombaerts selection and he can’t seem to let it go. At the expense of Atkinson no less. Strange but hope it works. 

Could be to help out the defense when Jamo bombs up the field and is out of position?  Delbo is much better in the air than Atkinson

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Since when was it game day? Fookin fire up!!

This will be the first HAL game I've watched since pre-Covid

Could be to help out the defense when Jamo bombs up the field and is out of position?  Delbo is much better in the air than Atkinson

It’s definitely to help out the defence but it limits our attacking play. Atkinson supports the attack quite a lot and it just seems odd that with Wales at RW he’s concerned about cover down that side. 

Edited by Harrison

If WIndy is fit and firing I think we will do well tonight. 

The use of Delbo as RB will likely be due to the fact that nearly every other non-CB player on the pitch will be more offensively minded (not just that Jamo will be pushing high, but that our two CMs are both very attack minded)..