Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

With the Jets being out of the race, it looks like a matter of time to me before Kewell signs with Heart. A possible further hint that we'll secure Kewell is the Jets media release. It was a very short piece of writing, only three sentences long, and they felt the need to say in their third and final sentence that: "“We [the Jets] hope to see him playing in the A-League, because having players of his calibre competing in our league benefits all Clubs.” That suggests to me that the Jets believe that Kewell is coming to the A-League, and there simply aren't reports of any other clubs pursuing Kewell.

The best piece of recent evidence that Kewell will join Heart is Archie Thompson saying several hours ago that: "I actually text him [Kewell] last night to see how he was and he text me back saying that I'll be back and we'll play golf soon," Thompson said. (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/breaking-news/harry-kewell-poised-to-sign-with-melbourne-heart/story-e6frfkp9-1226652733297#ixzz2Ue0WYrJA)

For whatever reason, SBS's The World Game seems to report poorly about Heart. All that's really contained in their recent article is the fact that Heart haven't signed Kewell in the 36 hours since Monday midnight, and that Heart CEO Scott Munn apparently ' did not answer calls on Tuesday'. The last time The World Game wrote a report on Heart they said the same thing, that Heart were 'unavailable' for comment. And right after that article Scott Munn retweeted a tweet from Fox Sports' executive producer of football, Murray Shaw, saying 'I've never known Melbourne Heart to be unavailable for comment', which is Munn pretty much saying the World Game article is bullshit. This most recent article looks like BS again. All it reports is that nothing has happened since Monday night. So, I'll believe the pile of contrary evidence that shows that Kewell is coming.

• Like 3

Hey guys, HeartFC is correct, it's not going to happen. Kewell unsuprisingly has just used us as a stepping stone to barter for a better deal somewhere else.

ES.

You just created an account just to tell us that Kewell's not signing with Heart? Sounds suss...Neither you or HeartFc have even mentioned what your sources are...

Really don't see why it's embarrasing? The media has drummed up a story. Asked Scott Munn for a comment. Which he was totally honest and transparent. Saying no deal had been done.

All that has happened for the last two days everyone of us have talked about it like it was done and whether we supported it or not.

Anyway, these tools won't provide a source. They seem as reliable as an article read on the world game website.

Can confirm Harry is currently in Monaco with the slapper celebrating their wedding anniversary.

Harry Harry Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Kewell

Posh Becks is a slapper

She wears a big fat Jewel

And when she's shaggin Beckham

She thinks of Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Kewell

Edited by Red or Dead

Looks like this will be the Heart's first real taste of a football silly season. No matter how done a deal appears to be in the media, it can change in a blink of an eye. That said, not reading anything into those saying the deal is off. Will believe rumours when I see Harry in a Heart jersey, or otherwise

Looks like this will be the Heart's first real taste of a football silly season. No matter how done a deal appears to be in the media, it can change in a blink of an eye. That said, not reading anything into those saying the deal is off. Will believe rumours when I see Harry in a Heart jersey, or otherwise

Another brand new user on MHFCsupporters.com, Harry Kewell is creating a bit of an influx in MH supporters already!

Another brand new user on MHFCsupporters.com, Harry Kewell is creating a bit of an influx in MH supporters already!

Not a new supporter, never really been a big fan of a forum environment though. At this time of year it's simply a matter of when in rome

Not a new supporter, never really been a big fan of a forum environment though. At this time of year it's simply a matter of when in rome

I think I follow this guru on twitter - Legit Heart man!

Have to say, the exposure this has gotten us in the middle of the AFL season is simply priceless. We often run the risk of being forgotten during the winter months by "the masses" but this has been quite different.

To show an example, I receive google alerts anytime the words "Melbourne Heart" come together in a news article or the like, I am sure some of you do something similar as well.
Over the last month or 2 I have received a few occasional articles about us, but most of the links were either old articles or just forum posts. And then Harry Kewell came along... and the result has been as demonstrated.

thekewelleffect.jpg

Now to compare the numbers, on May 27 I received 2 alerts, May 26 another 2 & May 25 was only 1, each alert contained only 1 link.

May 28 was 15 with multiple alerts in most as you can see.

And now there's Holt... no wonder Eddie is screaming out racist remarks on his radio show! They've lost the plot with all the A-League attention over in AFL land!

Edited by Bozza
  • Like 4