Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

UOTIH: Tesla took down the TTIM thread on purpose in order to boost traffic on this website.

Tesla 'accidentally' deleted the thread around a week or so ago, knowing that in order to put ads on the website to earn himself millions of dollars he needed to get more people on here looking on more often. What better way to do that then to delete a thread that is quite popular and then bring it back and allow the thread to explode? As i type this the thread currently is going on 32 replies daily, and has 265 views daily. Thats a lot of traffic, almost enough you'd say that advitisors would want to put their ads on your page.....

Wake up sheeple. The truth has been exposed.

15225745.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UOTYH: People need to give the rest in peace Phil Hughes shit a rest.

There's nothing in my facebook news feed except "rip hughesy you legend. We'll never forget ya man" crap. None of these people ever met the bloke and it's not like he contributed all that much to society anyway.

Sure it's a shame that a young bloke died but a man was killed by a cow in geelong today and there isn't 200 "rip cow guy" statuses. Why is this mediocre cricketers life deemed so important? A bloke I went to school with committed suicide about a week ago and I have a family member circling the drain. Where's their nation wide mourning?

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 5

There's nothing in my facebook news feed except "rip hughesy you legend. We'll never forget ya man" crap. None of these people ever met the bloke and it's not like he contributed all that much to society anyway.

Sure it's a shame that a young bloke died but a man was killed by a cow in geelong today and there isn't 200 "rip cow guy" statuses. Why is this mediocre cricketers life deemed so important? A bloke I went to school with committed suicide about a week ago and I have a family member circling the drain. Where's their nation wide mourning?

Not unpopular over here.

Im in the middle of arguing with my douche friends that have put up RIP's for the fella and how it cheapens the whole meaning of RIP.

Knew some bloke would say this... Hughes represented our country, never gave up when he was dropped/ canned, did everything with a smile on his face and died doing what he loved.

That's why he is getting such nation- wide mourning in comparison To the bloke you know who couldn't handle his personal problems (no disrespect)

Edited by sikre

The fact is, people are aware of who he was and what he did. That's why it hits people more than a stranger that nobody knew.

It doesn't mean his life is more important. And just because he was a sportsman, doesn't mean he didn't contribute anything to society. Infact, it's probably more likely he contributed more than your average 25 year old simply because he was involved in professional sports. I'd say he's been part of a clinic or two, probably even donated money to charity.

• Like 3

Jimmy, I'm thinking cricket isn't your game?

Its the equivalent of Mooy dying during a match (both rising star young players on the fringe of national selection).  

The fact is, people are aware of who he was and what he did. That's why it hits people more than a stranger that nobody knew.

Simple as this.

Hughes represented our country, never gave up when he was dropped/ canned, did everything with a smile on his face and died doing what he loved.

Nah, you're reading too much into it.

Pretty shit thing to say. Just because you don't feel affected by something doesnt mean others arent. I didnt care for Robin Williams, but I was sensitive enough to respect that people may have an attachment to him. I don't care for somebodys mum who died from cancer, I don't ask them why don't they also feel sad for my dead grandma. 

Ive played and umpired cricket all my life up until a few years ago, as a shit batsmen Ive been hit in the head and as a decent bowler I've hit people in the head (usually from a shit throw har har)....Im somebody who has had the same passion and been in similar situations to him (as well loosely following the guys career) it hits pretty close to home to me more than some cow guy or some guy you went to school with who I have nothing to do with. I also work in the electricity industry which has had deaths, I'd also feel the same way if a linesman died on the job even though he didnt contribute shit to society or if I had never met him. 

There aren't too many avenues for people to show their respect in a situation like this, a 'RIP cricket bloke' on facebook is just a small way of doing it.

FWIW I think this is actually the first 'celebrity' death that Ive ever actually been touched and felt sad over. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 6

Pretty shit thing to say. Just because you don't feel affected by something doesnt mean others arent. I didnt care for Robin Williams, but I was sensitive enough to respect that people may have an attachment to him. I don't care for somebodys mum who died from cancer, I don't ask them why don't they also feel sad for my dead grandma. 

Very well put hedaik.

Unfortunately we live in the generation of the neediest people in the world, willing to do or say anything to get approval or in this case precious "likes" to make them feel better about themselves. These people are willing to sink so low for their quest for likes that their happy to post "R.I.P Hughesy" even though these people don't really give a shit about the death. 

Even doing this leaning the bat against the wall shit and people we're supposedly dimming their headlights in respect just stop it, is saying R.I.P just not enough for you needy fucks? Look he seems like a good enough bloke but at the end of the day he was a cricketer, not Nelson Mandela. Even when Nelson Mandela died, where was all the dimming the light shit for him?

Unfortunately we live in the generation of the neediest people in the world, willing to do or say anything to get approval or in this case precious "likes" to make them feel better about themselves. These people are willing to sink so low for their quest for likes that their happy to post "R.I.P Hughesy" even though these people don't really give a shit about the death. 

Even doing this leaning the bat against the wall shit and people we're supposedly dimming their headlights in respect just stop it, is saying R.I.P just not enough for you needy fucks? Look he seems like a good enough bloke but at the end of the day he was a cricketer, not Nelson Mandela. Even when Nelson Mandela died, where was all the dimming the light shit for him?

UOTYH: I care more that Phil Hughes died than Nelson Mandela.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

Nelson Mandela was 95 years old, and for a lot of people his death was a cause for celebration due to his life events and the effect he had on his country. Phil Hughes was only 25, had a big few years ahead of him (in his cricketing career), and his death is infinitely more sad than that of Mandela's.

I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling that way.

Edited by Pete Heartspur
  • Like 5

Fuck you are one very different topical and controversial social critic... I have never heard any of this shit before.

• Like 1

Nelson Mandela was 95 years old, and for a lot of people his death was a cause for celebration due to his life events and the effect he had on his country. Phil Hughes was only 25, had a big few years ahead of him (in his cricketing career), and his death is infinitely more sad than that of Mandela's.

I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling that way.

Can't argue with this, well said.

@Cadete

Whilst their are a lot people who are actually sad and upset about the Phillip hughes death, their are just as many people in generation y who are the neediest self gratification generation in history, and are just posting "R.I.P Hughesy" without actually meaning it for the likes. As sheepdog was saying, i just feel all these people are cheapening the meaning of "R.I.P" by plastering it all over facebook.

• Like 1

Do people realise you can leave your bats out (which by the way i think is a great tribute) and not have to post relevant pictures on Facebook? Again, narcissism 101.

I donate to greenpeace every month, might start posting my bank statements for proof of how much a better person I am than the next man.

• Like 2

Do people realise you can leave your bats out (which by the way i think is a great tribute) and not have to post relevant pictures on Facebook? Again, narcissism 101.

I donate to greenpeace every month, might start posting my bank statements for proof of how much a better person I am than the next man.

Spot on, fucking hate it when people do that shit. Social media has created so many self centred peanuts its getting to the point where I hate 90% of my "friends" on Facebook.

UOTIH: Frankston is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. It's actually pretty nice. Sure there are ferals and bogans, but what suburbs don't have bogans and ferals?

UOTIH: Frankston is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. It's actually pretty nice. Sure there are ferals and bogans, but what suburbs don't have bogans and ferals?

Unless you know what happens behind the scenes down there, yeah it's very nice.

Frankston south yes.

Rest of Frankston no.

in all honesty if you took out the train station it would be a terrific suburb. once the scummy people get a new place to hang around Frankston will become very popular again

Brighton, Toorak, Kew, Malvern, Camberwell, Canterbury, Armadale, Glen Iris...  etc.

Mind you all fairly boring places to live once you turn 18 IMO.

Edited by cadete