Melbourne Football

Away Days Plans for Season 2013-14

cadete

If you hunt around in advance can probably get something as low as $200 but would be $300+ as standard. Pretty much the same to go to Melbourne as it's the only route Tiger flys from Perth. Have to go Virgin or Jetstar for Adelaide. Fuck you guys and your $80 flights. Driving I would have no idea. Other than for an affordable football trip really haven't ever considered setting foot in that state. Cost me $470 to book flights to Sydney for the Iraq qualifier. 

• 3 weeks later...

Already booked for the two games in Sydney on December 7 and December 15.

Like Cadete with Brisbane, Sydney is the last Australian state capital I have left on the list to visit so its as good a time as any to visit and go for a week.

From the boards here it seems there are a few keen for both games in Sydney and a few more for one or the other.  Is there someone who usually organises meet ups / lists of whose going / activities / etc. or do we usually do that ourselves closer to the games? 

I realise we are a few good months out but it would be good to know when and what to look for.

Already booked for the two games in Sydney on December 7 and December 15.

Like Cadete with Brisbane, Sydney is the last Australian state capital I have left on the list to visit so its as good a time as any to visit and go for a week.

From the boards here it seems there are a few keen for both games in Sydney and a few more for one or the other.  Is there someone who usually organises meet ups / lists of whose going / activities / etc. or do we usually do that ourselves closer to the games? 

I realise we are a few good months out but it would be good to know when and what to look for.

There will be announcements on here, and the Yarraside Facebook page about where MHFC fans will be meeting.

probably better off listening to Cadete about that too. I forgot all about Facesook, i got rid of mine lol.

Yeah,

We will attempt to make FB events for most games where there is a signficant presence of Heart Fans.

too easy, just liked the page.

as a side note, does anyone know where the first preseason game is?

probably better off listening to Cadete about that too. I forgot all about Facesook, i got rid of mine lol.

Yeah,

We will attempt to make FB events for most games where there is a signficant presence of Heart Fans.

too easy, just liked the page.

as a side note, does anyone know where the first preseason game is?

As somebody knows they will be posted on this forum...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll be at the brisbane game in November. Jetstar are doing a price match atm, so you can fly with them on tiger prices. which helps.

$59 one way. and all the nicer hostels are next to the stadium, which have private rooms.

Suncorp is a pretty cool stadium when it gets a crowd. So would be good to see other Heart fans there

See you their. Will be sure to have a few frothies pre game.

Edited by HeartinHobart

99% sure i will be making the round 4 trip also.

Was speaking to BH about it on Friday.

Something about heading up to GC mid-week spending a few nights there before heading up to Brisy for a couple of nights and the game.

Afaik it's going to be Melb Cup long weekend, the week leading in so a few might be prime to take time off work...

• Like 2

99% sure i will be making the round 4 trip also.

Was speaking to BH about it on Friday.

Something about heading up to GC mid-week spending a few nights there before heading up to Brisy for a couple of nights and the game.

Afaik it's going to be Melb Cup long weekend, the week leading in so a few might be prime to take time off work...

In ;)

• Like 1

Cheers for doing an away trip in the middle of exams, lads.

Sorry mate, we really should have called the HAL and told them not to schedule any games durring marteaux's exam period...

*a significant portion of our (Yarraside) group :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AgK02sM6yrU

Thank you for at least being funny Baz.

Obviously I don't give a shit whether or not 10 of you choose to go to Brisbane in November. We've made plans to go in March, makes more sense to us. Have fun though, wish I could come!

Edited by marteaux

Sorry mate, we really should have called the HAL and told them not to schedule any games durring marteaux's exam period...

Obviously I don't give a shit if 10 of you choose to go to Brisbane in November. Have fun chaps.

You are such a condescending little weasel.

I really don't get your obsessiveness and dissuasiveness when it comes to away days you don't plan on attending...

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

Sorry mate, we really should have called the HAL and told them not to schedule any games durring marteaux's exam period...

Obviously I don't give a shit whether or not 10 of you choose to go to Brisbane in November. We've made plans to go in March, makes more sense to us. Have fun though, wish I could come!

You say a significant proprtion of Yarraside yet all the people you speak of rarely travel anyway. So the timing is Irrelevant.

• Like 1

Anyhow...

I am def going to be doing the SFC Away on the 15/11/13.

I have so locked in Adel Away on the 25/1/14

Whilst I am still most likely to attend the Perth game on the 27/10/13.

Then there is also the possibility of a final not on the other side of the country or in NZ.

• 3 weeks later...