The Off season direction

InMyHeart

Read this part of an article posted in the Herald sun by 

• David Davutovic
  • Herald Sun
  • May 01, 20135:43PM
    I believe the following is exciting and a look fwd, I like it

•  

"Those conversations were quite open and transparent but we made it very clear that there were some non-negotiables and one of them is that the founding owners always want to retain control.

"We'd love to invest more in areas such as marketing, advertising and most importantly the footy department.

"We can sustain a club, we can post a small profit and that puts us in an enviable position for investors, knowing they won't have to reach into their pocket each year."

Munn hoped that announcements regarding its training facilities and new signings would be made soon.

Coach John Aloisi and Hayden Foxe are currently in Europe on a scouting mission.

"We're continuing to work with the State Government on facilities and we look forward to John Aloisi and Hayden Foxe making some announcements on player signings soon," he said.

I'm concerned about our Wardrobe Department. We can hide the wheelie bins but we can't hide Foxe. JA should be encouraged to get a coupla new bags of fruit in Milan or Madrid and he should take Foxe in with him and kit him out in some proper gear. Most of our problems this year can be directly attributed to that shite clown suit.

Have to say I'm surprised that JA is constantly dressed professionally yet right net to him you have Foxe who looks like shit and is able to get away with it. Fuck sake Foxe at least wear a kappa track suit or something and look the part. Looks fuckin comical lol

Foxey's match-day outfit irritates me at about the same level as the Heart web-site (which still shows players who we have released and doesn't show all those signed up for next season). Insignificant in itself  but doesn't convey the image I'd like to see for MHFC.

• Like 1

Foxey's match-day outfit irritates me at about the same level as the Heart web-site (which still shows players who we have released and doesn't show all those signed up for next season). Insignificant in itself  but doesn't convey the image I'd like to see for MHFC.

more of this please for the heart website

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Yep, it's all sounding good for Heart

- A dominant force

- Attractive football

- Wanting to be successful in regional competiton

- Financially responsible

- Team sport, not dependent on one person.

- Never dropping standards

- Always playing in a dominant fashion

- A steady performance curve, credited to the coaching staff

- People knowing what is expected

- Can always rely on the system

I can't wait to see this bear fruit.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/netherlands-eredivisie/news/1150440/De-Boer-to-target-European-performances

Even though they are all rumors at the moment, the Club has been linked with:

• Massimo Murdocca
  • Manny Muscat
  • Mark Bresciano
  • Sasa Ognenovski
  • Patrick Kisborno

Perhaps the Club has decided it's time to actually become MELBOURNE Heart?

Edited by biancorosso7

Even though they are all rumors at the moment, the Club has been linked with:

• Massimo Murdocca
  • Manny Muscat
  • Mark Bresciano
  • Sasa Ognenovski
  • Patrick Kisborno

Perhaps the Club has decided it's time to actually become MELBOURNE Heart?

They are all decent names you can also add Matt Simon to that list and things start looking a lot different to last year, then you have your 3 Visa signings and its shaping up to be a decent year,

But think about this for a second. Even if they are all false, it makes a rather large statement to the rest of the league that we are looking in the market for Melbourne players for a Melbourne side. In some sense, it is kind of like a distinciton between when Inter Milan set themselves up, opening the doors to non Italians in the Italian league, as opposed to Milan's policy of Italian only players. (Happy coincidence that AC = Red = Heart; Inter = Blue = Scum)

Perhaps this is the new direction of the Club. A new "identity" for all of those navel-gazers out there.

But think about this for a second. Even if they are all false, it makes a rather large statement to the rest of the league that we are looking in the market for Melbourne players for a Melbourne side. In some sense, it is kind of like a distinciton between when Inter Milan set themselves up, opening the doors to non Italians in the Italian league, as opposed to Milan's policy of Italian only players. (Happy coincidence that AC = Red = Heart; Inter = Blue = Scum)

Perhaps this is the new direction of the Club. A new "identity" for all of those navel-gazers out there.

It was my idea:

We need more Victorians, in particular Melburnians. If the club wants or needs it's own identity let's be the team of local boys going up against the best in the country and foreigners from all over the world, something Melbourne could really get behind.

It'd be easy to do. First get Bresciano home and signed up as our Aussie marquee and grab the best 6+ Victorians from the VPL and other state leagues. Then start a "We are Melbourne" advertising campaign centered around the local boys. Record heartfelt videos of them in iconic Melbourne locations and local football clubs describing what Melbourne and its people mean to them, what club they come from etc. the possibilities are endless. You could pump the whole red and white are Melbourne's colors or you could get Viduka on board in some shape or form.

A team of Melburnians for Melbourne is a whole lot more appealing to me than relocating us to Dandenong or some other shithole and changing our name to South-East Melbourne Heart. Plus if we're gonna lose games I'd rather watch local boys with passion doing it than a bunch of New South Welshmen who don't give a fuck about the club or the city.

• Like 2

I'm hoping next season we get a good draw with lots of games on Friday night and none on a Sunday afternoon. But it won't happen. It will probably be victory vs x or wsw vs x every Friday

I'm pretty sure the exposure for each team by playing on Friday night will be divided equally amongst all teams

I've heard a rumour that the SMFC board are still quietly confident they're gonna get an A-League licence and they seem to think it'll be Heart's licence! Apparently there will be more revealed in this coming week...

Although this worries me a little, I'm quietly confident that Sidwell and Munn will reject their offer again!

BTW, in the end, doesn't Gallop and Lowy get the last word about licences anyway?

It's just that the SMFC board's confidence is really annoying me...

I used to follow SMFC in the NSL. I followed no one in the A-League until Heart came along. The way SMFC are going about their business, IF they take over Heart, I don't think I could support them again. Which means I'll go back to supporting no one again and that saddens me, hence why I'm a little worried...

Let's hope we don't let ourselves be bullied by them!

It's a rumour. Nothing more. It will not happen.

One or more additional investors in Melbourne Heart? - possible, but entirely at the discretion of the existing syndicate members.

Issue of an A-League licence to a South Melbourne Football Club syndicate? - out of the question. FFA did not create the A-League merely to regress to back to the old NSL days.

Everyone would like to see MHFC make some spectacular signings for 2013-14, me included, and yes, we do worry about what is going on especially when the news from the club seems to have dried up. But in reality it is early days in our appallingly long off-season.

Edited by jw1739

One or more additional investors in Melbourne heart? - possible, but entirely at the discretion of the existing syndicate members.

Issue of an A-League licence to a South Melbourne Football Club syndicate? - out of the question. FFA did not create the A-League merely to regress to back to the old NSL days.

Everyone would like to see MHFC make some spectacular signings for 1013-14, me included,, and yes, we do worry about what is going on especially when the news from the club seems to have dried up. But in reality it is early days in our appallingly long off-season.

Personally I'd like to see us sign Leif Ericson, a well travelled Viking.

One or more additional investors in Melbourne Heart? - possible, but entirely at the discretion of the existing syndicate members.

Everyone would like to see MHFC make some spectacular signings for 2013-14, me included, and yes, we do worry about what is going on especially when the news from the club seems to have dried up. But in reality it is early days in our appallingly long off-season.

That's the main concern there. The lack of communication, the long off season which means there is little to communicate and the noise from elsewhere gives MHFC a perception of, well, I'm not sure actually. And this is a concern.

In Europe, we would be about to start pre-season, having finished our season a couple of months ago. Here there is nothing.

I've heard a rumour that the SMFC board are still quietly confident they're gonna get an A-League licence and they seem to think it'll be Heart's licence! Apparently there will be more revealed in this coming week...

Although this worries me a little, I'm quietly confident that Sidwell and Munn will reject their offer again!

BTW, in the end, doesn't Gallop and Lowy get the last word about licences anyway?

As I understand it, SMFC/Hellas, or some of its people were behind the Southern Cross bid which was rejected in favour of the Heart bid. Why? Because the FFA wanted to grow the game in a way which didn't rely on a distinct ethnic base but was broadly cross cultural. If the SMFC was rejected before then why would it be accepted now? Heart is financially stable and just needs some solid onfield performances. SMFC is doing a good job at gaining some publicity but I cannot see FFA agreeing to them buying into Heart. Mark my words, if they were to do so it would end up as a takeover of Heart. I'm sure that FFA is aware of this.

That's the main concern there. The lack of communication, the long off season which means there is little to communicate and the noise from elsewhere gives MHFC a perception of, well, I'm not sure actually. And this is a concern.

In Europe, we would be about to start pre-season, having finished our season a couple of months ago. Here there is nothing.

Completely agree. IMHO getting more football should be one of FFA's major objectives. We have to find ways of extending the season for A-League clubs, whether by increasing the number of teams, or the number of competitions, or both. An A-League Cup and FFA Cup immediately spring to mind - sure, would give limited extension of the season but it's somewhere to start. 2-4 additional teams is more problematic. But going into hibernation for six months of the year effectively means that we go back to square one each time.

• Like 1

From this article:-

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/whats-the-buzz-the-afls-197m-debacle/story-fni5f7qq-1226645899142

comes the following:

"CHINA TOWN

GOSFORD is now on the map in China, thanks to the AFC Champions League match between the Central Coast Mariners and Guangzhou Evergrande.

The Wednesday night game had a live TV audience of 50 million in China - more than double Australia's population. Guangzhou, who won 2-1, are the Chinese equivalent of Manchester United."

Now as I've said elsewhere, if we got an Asian player or two who can definitely contribute on the pitch, then with the right marketing we could aim to have the highest overseas memebership base in the HAL. Aim high I say :up:

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

Who is your all time favourite player Heartinator?

LOL, get plenty of arguments here but personally, the best player I've seen is Zinedine Zidane.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SvYlvkWpPy4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSvYlvkWpPy4

As a striker Gerd Muller was always in the right place at the right time. Didn't need more that 2 touches to find the back of the net against quality opponents in WC matches.

Edited by HEARTinator

Who is your all time favourite player Heartinator?

LOL, get plenty of arguments here but personally, the best player I've seen is Zinedine Zidane.http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SvYlvkWpPy4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSvYlvkWpPy4

As a striker Gerd Muller was always in the right place at the right time. Didn't need more that 2 touches to find the back of the net against quality opponents in WC matches.

Actually really rate that call! Good stuff.

Anyway, point is, did you buy a Real membership when he was there? Just because we sign an Asian player wouldn't mean we'd get any money or anything tangible, other than a prick of the ears when we were mentioned in his countries media.

• 2 months later...