Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Can not tell you how much I want this to happen!

He has been developing pretty well, hopefully has gotten beyond his injury troubles and potentially can put in a good showing if he signs!

Last time I saw him play, his corners were better then all of ours last season (maybe Gol Gol the exception) but I haven't seen him take a dead ball anywhere else... surely he'd be half decent though.

For those who don't know, he is also very versatile, but in a good way, not a Hoffman way.

• Like 1

Kliment+Taseski+Melbourne+Heart+Training

On a bit more of a positive note, I've got it on pretty good authority that former golden boy Klim Taseski has worked his way back and will almost certainly sign a new professional contract with the club this season.

I'm sure you all remember the glimpses of raw talent the kid showed in his his time at the club, but was ultimately dropped due to his injury troubles, even though he was pretty highly rated at the club. I remember many of us were pretty dirty he wasn't given a new contract, you know, since guys like the Hoff were retained...

He's been training on and off with us and kept in contact with the club since leaving the club just over 12 months ago and he's been injury free,  winning the 2012 VPL U21 player of the season after just 12 games at relegated Moreland. He's now at Richmond and has 2 goals from his 4 starts this season.

Very keen on this to materialise, he has the potential to be a very good footballer, a cult hero and dare I say it - a club legend...

Inb4 tesla blows his load...  :up:  :up:  :up: 

Very exciting if true. Deserves another crack at the very least.

Studying law, volunteers his time to FFV or maybe Heart (cant recall). i do recall reading an article about him in The Leader or something similar. Cant comment on his on field performance. It's been a while, haven't seen him play. Love his commitment.

Studying law, volunteers his time to FFV or maybe Heart (cant recall). i do recall reading an article about him in The Leader or something similar. Cant comment on his on field performance. It's been a while, haven't seen him play. Love his commitment.

All round great bloke. Deserves another shot, when we let him go rumours were the Victory were keen to look at him, glad he has come back to us.

Playing ability, he is a pocket dynamo and just covers the turf and his passing is second to none. If, and thats the big thing, he has gotten over injuries he can be a very good a league player.

I rated him as our best youth in the early years above Kalmar and I like Kalmar.

I am so happy about this.

Brent McGrath has been released by Brondby, 21y.o striker with 1 Socceroo cap. Sure to get a lot of attention from A-League clubs. Struggled for game-time last season but still managed to play 40+ games for one of the biggest clubs in Denmark during his time there.

He probably needs to come back to Australia to get his career back on track and most clubs already have their strikers pencilled in for next season so we should be a pretty decent chance.

• Like 1

this was posted a month ago (may 3) on the 442 forum

Brent McGrath will not sign a new deal with Brondby at the end of the season. This is after only making 8 appearances off the bench as the club is on the back-end of another dismal season and is now facing a relegation battle.

Close sources have indicated that McGrath will be offered trials for at least two teams in the Scottish Premier League at the end of the season. McGrath holds a British and an Irish passport.

But, it is appearing more likely that McGrath will be lured to his hometown of Sydney, where he began his football career at Sydney United. It is believed that WSW are getting ready to offer him a contract as the club's Junior Marquee, before any other A-League clubs get a chance.

It's safe to assume that the club will announce something next wednesday, potentially a few things
The club are clearly riding the hype of the socceroos

Australia play Japan, next day we sign Kewell and release memberships

Australia host Jordan, next day we sign Rob Wielaert

Australia host a weakened Iraq and qualify for the world cup (probably), the next day...

Dean Bouzanis linked with us

Source?

Have sifted through various media and heard things from people in the media

"Currently in Oz trying to tie up a deal with an unnamed A-League club"

IS the best I can give hard evidence, although if i get real good info from 'sources' I will name

linked with us means little IMO

chances are him and liam jacob are a chance to return to australia

Adelaide - If Galekovic moves on from Adelaide

CCM - Surely have crossed paths with arnie during his time in the aussie system

Heart - As a backup to Redders and put real pressure on him, like redders did on bolton this year, to keep redders honest and continue to play good football

Has been linked with all 3 so there you go, most is just talk though

I remember when he had almost signed with Victory that he wanted to be the No. 1 keeper so I doubt he'll be happy with sitting on the bench, second to Redmayne.

On the other hand, having competition for the main goal keeper spot would ensure Redmayne does not become complacent and both will keep pushing themselves to be better every week.

Training today with @Keeper_Coach down at blacktown. Buzzing for a good session! #BackToTraining

as a quite reference point (and doesnt necessarily mean anything) both Sydney FC and WSW have contracts with both their keepers from last season.  Dean Bouzanis is a Sydney boy and by all reports his brother is on the books at Sydney FC.

thus, I take it that Bouzanis is training there while staying with his family as opposed to training with a new club.  

Edited by mattyh001

IMO very difficult to know what to do with the No. 2 GK position. Do you go with someone of quality who then gets frustrated at sitting on the bench week after week with no competitive football? Or do you with a youngster and hope for the best if he is required as a substitute and sign an injury replacement for any longer-term replacement?

Irrespective of that, we've said we want our full squad here and training together by the first week of July, so presumably the remaining signings are expected to be completed by then. Including the second GK.

Edited by jw1739

For a back up keeper I think you either need a veteran to act more as a mentor, or an ambitious up and coming bloke (who will move on in a couple of years if he doesn't get a chance) to keep the first choice on his toes.

When you have two keepers with similar abilities/attributes it usually ends up with the left out one becoming disruptive.

I'd say the VPL could be used as a fairly good field for picking up goalkeepers.

Roganovic... :up: :up: :up:

To be fair on nick he didn't do a fuck load wrong. Sure he wasnt amazing but I wouldn't say he was a deadest dud.

I seem to remember his first game was a disaster. We leaked goals, the next few games weren't much better. Ofcourse, that's my memory, I haven't bothered to check the facts.

Bray should definately be backup keeper, keeping Webster out of the XI at Bentleigh Greens. But could see the club looking at Lewis Italiano after he was released by Perth and headed back to Oakleigh Cannons, which would allow Bray another season of playing NYL.