Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

the club said it had spoken to 7 players while in europe..

assuming that this includes australian players, we can assume that Kewell, Kisnorbo, Jarosik and Holt have been spoken to

which leave 3 players that are unknown. Holt is off the list, i'm interested to know the other players that we've shortlisted as potential marquee signings, and just general visa players

the club said it had spoken to 7 players while in europe..

assuming that this includes australian players, we can assume that Kewell, Kisnorbo, Jarosik and Holt have been spoken to

which leave 3 players that are unknown. Holt is off the list, i'm interested to know the other players that we've shortlisted as potential marquee signings, and just general visa players

Did you just quote me on 442 regarding my last Harry Kewell comment on here? lol

When did we say we spoke to Patrick Kisnorbo?

AFAIK we haven't.

And, AFAIK we've not gone out there and named anyone that we have spoken with or about. If SM has been asked a question about a specific player he has answered it - for example, he confirmed that we had spoken to Harry Kewell. But that was in answer to a question, not something he offered up without prompting.

I don't believe that MHFC is responsible for the rumours that are swirling around.

• Like 1

Cadete in all fairness to Scott Munn, he never came out and confirmed that we had signed anyone. He was quoted as saying, "I'd be lying if I said that we didn't speak to Harry" or "Yes, Aloisi did have a chat with Harry Kewell". He never came out and said, "Harry Kewell is going to sign with Melbourne Heart" - the rest was just journalists' spin and media hype!

Same goes for Grant Holt, the article said, "It is understood Heart has put in a formal request to negotiate with Holt...". No one ever came out and said that Heart was even close to signing him.

Well done S Munn once again you make us look a laughing stock claiming to have signed Totti and getting nowhere!

This club is a joke. :droy:

Begs the question: would you rather have the hierarchy of the club, when asked about a particular player, to make no comment or would you like to hear that we're interested? Nearly everything else in this story had been a media beat-up, so why blame the CEO for giving the fans and the league something to talk about? 

• Like 1

Cadete in all fairness to Scott Munn, he never came out and confirmed that we had signed anyone. He was quoted as saying, "I'd be lying if I said that we didn't speak to Harry" or "Yes, Aloisi did have a chat with Harry Kewell". He never came out and said, "Harry Kewell is going to sign with Melbourne Heart" - the rest was just journalists' spin and media hype!

Same goes for Grant Holt, the article said, "It is understood Heart has put in a formal request to negotiate with Holt...". No one ever came out and said that Heart was even close to signing him.

Well done S Munn once again you make us look a laughing stock claiming to have signed Totti and getting nowhere!

This club is a joke. :droy:

Begs the question: would you rather have the hierarchy of the club, when asked about a particular player, to make no comment or would you like to hear that we're interested? Nearly everything else in this story had been a media beat-up, so why blame the CEO for giving the fans and the league something to talk about? 

Lol.

I was kidding boys.

• Like 1

IMO we will announce some signings in the next two weeks. We'll want to get all players doing as much of the pre-season as we can.

IIRC the players re-commence training next week - either 3rd or 4th June. It will be interesting to see who's there - especially whether Garcia turns up.

IMO we will announce some signings in the next two weeks. We'll want to get all players doing as much of the pre-season as we can.

IIRC the players re-commence training next week - either 3rd or 4th June. It will be interesting to see who's there - especially whether Garcia turns up.

Would Garcia be allowed to show up?

Would Garcia be allowed to show up?

I'm assuming that if he's signed or still "negotiating" that he will. If he's not there it would be a fairly strong indication that he's not going to feature for us in 2013-14.

Heart's efforts to sign Kewell remains ongoing, with a club delegation having travelled to the UK to talk to the 34-year-old former Leeds United and Liverpool forward and other transfer targets.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/272839,heart-stopped-in-holt-bid.aspx

I'm just pleased to see in writing that the Heart delegation that went to London didn't just go for Kewell.

We also already know that Heart was targeting several Europe based players, and only has 3 VISA spots. So, if Grant Holt doesn't pan out, there are other players in Heart's sight. Hopefully they are stellar players like Holt as well.

No club anywhere ever secures every player that they go after. It wouldn't be the end of the world if Holt didn't pan out (especially if there is another quality Europe based player that Heart goes after). The interesting thing about Holt is that we've learned about what the club is thinking, and that currently  Heart are ambitiously thinking of recruiting very good players.

March, a little outdated.

After all the (warranted) shit our entire fan base has been giving the club over the last 18 months for being cheap, lacking ambition and not caring, it's about time we give them a pat on the back for showing that we want to be more than the other Melbourne soccer team and actually pulling their sleeves up and going to work to give us some relevance.

• Like 4

After all the (warranted) shit our entire fan base has been giving the club over the last 18 months for being cheap, lacking ambition and not caring, it's about time we give them a pat on the back for showing that we want to be more than the other Melbourne soccer team and actually pulling their sleeves up and going to work to give us some relevance.

They haven't actually done anything yet

• Like 2

Jimmy, the noise is all good. But we have been rubbish for the past year.

As Scott Munn quotes "When all is said and done, have you done more than you have said?"

It's time for results, then the praise will come.

As Scott Munn quotes "When all is said and done, have you done more than you have said?"

But give credit for the effort we're putting in...

Munn said Heart's aggressive recruitment drive will have netted at least two foreign players within the next 10 days as Aloisi and football manager John Didulica firm up other deals.

"Obviously the Harry Kewell situation has gained most interest but we are also focusing heavily on filling our three visa spots and we hope to have most of that concluded within 10 days," he added.

"It’s looking positive there. We were all unhappy with last year (Heart finished ninth) and with that comes opportunity and challenge. And we're embracing that."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1154156/Heart-still-set-on-Kewell

I feel much better about our direction heading into next season than what I did at the start of the week...if we can get Harry Kewell and Holt agrees to visit our shores in addition to keeping Garcia we have a great season to look forward to.

I know none of this has been confirmed yet, but it's time for bed and I'm gonna sleep much better tonight :-)

Personally, I can only really commend the off-season the clubs has had so far.

Agreed, released the players they needed to, most anyway, and appear to be active in getting the players we need. All looking good so far, just need to close some deals.

Agreed, released the players they needed to, most anyway, and appear to be active in getting the players we need. All looking good so far, just need to close some deals.

i hope this isn't in reference the legendary icon that is THE HOFF!!

i hope this isn't in reference the legendary icon that is THE HOFF!!

Felt it necessary to add that to avoid an avalanche of criticism about retaining the Hoff. BTW, bumbed into him recently, he's hoping to get a run this year in his preferred position, up front.

But give credit for the effort we're putting in...

action > talk

you dont get points for effort during the season, so credit is due when we sign players, not just talk to them.

in saying that... so far this pre-season has been an improvement on last.

i mean, Tadic flew in basically the day before the derby, and i doubt he new any other of the players names.

at least this year we are getting our shit sorted in not a rush, but not last minute either. 

time will tell.

he's hoping to get a run this year in his preferred position, up front.

I'd rather have macallister playing up front than the hoff, at least he serves a purpose. The fact that it's looking likely that our marquee player will be a striker, there's pretty much no chance hoff will get a run up front. From the rumours we've been hearing, we're targeting some pretty high quality players, and if we manage to sign all our key targets, i struggle to see how hoff will feature at all next season.

I'm not sure where JA wants to play HK, we could always use David Williams as a central striker, a position where he has been effective. If we are going to play HK as a striker then why are we looking to sign one? I think that we really need a creative playmaker and a good CB, perhaps HK will be used centrally where he'll be more effective than playing him wide.