Melbourne Football

City in the headlines

millm103

i'm sending a tweet to JD now telling him "surely its a joke to be re-signing hoffman"

i suggest as many people do the same

also, regarding that statement with babalj "could be heading back to europe" it wouldn't surprise me because he's prbably realised JA is a dud. I really hope he'd stay at least for next season though because we need him

Edited by heart_fan10

i'm sending a tweet to JD now telling him "surely its a joke to be re-signing hoffman"

i suggest as many people do the same

also, regarding that statement with babalj "could be heading back to europe" it wouldn't surprise me because he's prbably realised JA is a dud. I really hope he'd stay at least for next season though because we need him

I think babalj has been a bit of a dud himself since returning, although its probably due to lack of confidence after being dicked around at Red Star.

Edited by Dylan

i'm sending a tweet to JD now telling him "surely its a joke to be re-signing hoffman"i suggest as many people do the samealso, regarding that statement with babalj "could be heading back to europe" it wouldn't surprise me because he's prbably realised JA is a dud. I really hope he'd stay at least for next season though because we need him

I think babalj has been a bit of a dud himself since returning, although its probably due to lack of confidence after being dicked around at Red Star.

No shit, he hasn't had enough match time, an to be honest by watching both tadic and babalj you can tell aloisi hasn't been able to fully utilise their strengths.

For all of Francis's posititive aspects as a reporter and person, he is a Victory supporter, and wether he wants to admit it to himself or not that clouds his vision. That said, the Heart deserve most of the critisim they are getting. The club set out with a goal of breaking even in a season where everyone else was trying to expand. We have now fallen well behind, on and off the park. In hindsight this season has been full of mistakes by the club, the biggest, promoting a manager years before he is ready for the job.

Seriously resigning Hoffman? :droy:

Why should I put so much effort into supporting this club if they are not going to put in any effort themselves to improve so they can win games and silverware?

Thank fuck its AFL Season now.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

i would actually like an explanation for hoffman being offered another contract.

What has he done in the 3 years at the club to be re-signed TWICE?!! He has made abasolutely no impact at all, and is genuinly a SHIT player. Probably one of the nicest guys going around, but being nice doesn't win us games. A very stupid decision.

i would actually like an explanation for hoffman being offered another contract.

What has he done in the 3 years at the club to be re-signed TWICE?!! He has made abasolutely no impact at all, and is genuinly a SHIT player. Probably one of the nicest guys going around, but being nice doesn't win us games. A very stupid decision.

Exactly,

I honestly now hope the FFA steps in, I will take Breaking Even as a good result when drunk at Flemington or Caulfield not when I am stone cold sober at AMMI or Shitihad.

• Like 2

I cannot believe we have re-signed Germano, Kalmar and Hoffman and not Garcia.

I just cannot. Three players who have contributed, put together, almost nothing this season, instead of the man who is probably the fans' favourite for player of the year.

If true, absolutely unbelievable. There is no hope for next season if we're going on like this. Clearly the administration has not a brain in its collective head.

I hope to God someone from the club reads these postings and takes notice of what is being said.

I just cannot. Three players who have contributed, put together, almost nothing this season, instead of the man who is probably the fans' favourite for player of the year.

If true, absolutely unbelievable. There is no hope for next season if we're going on like this. Clearly the administration has not a brain in its collective head.

I hope to God someone from the club reads these postings and takes notice of what is being said.

Sibon, Terra... If the supporters rate them, the board moves them on. It shows who is in control or something like that?

Sibon, Terra... If the supporters rate them, the board moves them on. It shows who is in control or something like that?

Sibon was on marquee wages so him not staying on for another season was understandable, and Terra was injury prone and a rubbish footballer, should not have lasted more than one season. Everyone forgets this only because he won us the first derby.

was it scott munn that said Goodwin wasn't that good to get in a bidding war over? Next minute he's playing for reading (even though they'll most likely be in the championship next season)

Shows how much our CEO knows about football.

IMO left back is our biggest problem position at the moment. I don't think mitchinson is up to it at all unless he improves a lot over the off-season, so losing goodwin has in fact proven to be huge.

This is the problem with this club, no transparency. Hoffman along with Balbalj, Dugandzic, Hamill, Good and Behich were all resigned midway through last season until 2013-14. We were all happy because we thought that we had secured our youngsters, in fact all resigning them had done was increase their selling price. Hoffman hasn't been resigned, he's still under contract for next season.

Edited by YFC

was it scott munn that said Goodwin wasn't that good to get in a bidding war over? Next minute he's playing for reading (even though they'll most likely be in the championship next season)

OK.

1) When was it ever said he wasn't that good? Source or GTFO

2) He's on trial. Plenty of players go on trials without being signed straight away.

3) Ever thought that if we still had him we'd be kicking up a fuss at the board for letting him go O/S?

• Like 2

This is the problem with this club, no transparency. Hoffman along with Balbalj, Dugandzic, Hamill, Good and Behich were all resigned midway through last season until 2013-14. We were all happy because we thought that we had secured our youngsters, in fact all resigning them had done was increase their selling price. Hoffman hasn't been resigned, he's still under contract for next season.

I think you should check your facts.

Here is one of the original news releases: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/heart-re-sign-young-guns/43784

Dated December 2011 it indicates to me that Hoffman, originally on a two-year contract, extended his contract by one year to the end of season 2012/13.

Meaning he comes out of contract in a couple of weeks' time.

Hmm. Article dated 7th April. Let's just hope that this bit is true:

"No decisions have been made about the playing roster as of yet and we will assess it as part of the whole process," (John Didulica) added.

Other articles have suggested that some players have already been re-signed.

Anyone else catch this? The best I've ever heard JA speak

Agreed. However the interview didn't really go for long enough/ didn't really tell us anything we already knew. Outside of him going to Europe to look for a marquee player.

Was funny to hear though that supposively 'most heart supporters' were surprised that Matt Thompson was released. He was honestly the first guy i would've gotten rid of at seasons end.

• Like 1

Said he's chasing people overseas. Looking for a marquee if it fits on the field, in addition to off it. Aware of those coming off contract in the coming months throughout Australia. Compared Ramsay to Aziz a whole bunch, maybe thinking of making him a fullback? Thanked the boys for their efforts, gave sensible reasons for all of their contracts not being renewed.