Melbourne Football

Jonatan Germano

Red or Dead

Caught a glimpse of Germano in the most recent video, at about 4:34, so he trained on Monday, and given that he trained with the team in Manchester that seems to rule out the possibility of any long term injury.

It's very good to see how fit and injury free the team is this pre-season. It's easily the fittest the club have ever had a whole squad in pre-season at this point, with only one player, Chapman, sidelined (and he's sick, so it's not like stupid training drills have sidelined our only unavailable player).  

Caught a glimpse of Germano in the most recent video, at about 4:34, so he trained on Monday, and given that he trained with the team in Manchester that seems to rule out the possibility of any long term injury.

It's very good to see how fit and injury free the team is this pre-season. It's easily the fittest the club have ever had a whole squad in pre-season at this point, with only one player, Chapman, sidelined (and he's sick, so it's not like stupid training drills have sidelined our only unavailable player).  

Agree, that is Germano wearing 13 at 4.34 in the video. That being the case, I wonder why he has not featured in any recent pre-season game?

Agree, that is Germano wearing 13 at 4.34 in the video. That being the case, I wonder why he has not featured in any recent pre-season game?

He'll probably be backup for Hoffman.

JVS said of Germano after the FFA Cup match:

At the moment he’s back in training, he [was] not ready to play a game yet, but hopefully next week when we play a friendly against Hume he will be in the lineup, or maybe a part of the game. We know that he’s important, he can be important if he’s fit, so we’re happy that he’s training now. He missed out the second part of the pre-season until now, the first few weeks he was there. He’s back, and hopefully we can keep him fit for the rest of the year.

If he cops another injury by January, we should just release him and sign another player. Would be no point in keeping him.

we'd still have his wages count towards the cap

If he gets severely injured then he can be placed on the long term injury list and a replacement brought in which is allowed under the rules. Don't mean to be nasty but if he gets injured lets hope its a really big injury.

If he cops another injury by January, we should just release him and sign another player. Would be no point in keeping him.

If he gets severely injured then he can be placed on the long term injury list and a replacement brought in which is allowed under the rules. Don't mean to be nasty but if he gets injured lets hope its a really big injury.

What MORE could he do to make the long term injury list? 3 injured years not long enough?

What MORE could he do to make the long term injury list? 3 injured years not long enough?

Be signed to Sydney? I'm sure then somehow the rules would be changed to have him on the long term injury list

Of he is in fact overweight for football that's disappointing then. Keeping in shape is vital to being injury free when training.

Keeping in shape is also part and parcel of being a professional footballer.  I'd suggest he might consider himself fortunate to still be contracted, (no one is bigger than the club).

• 1 month later...

I have to agree, am sick of the constant injury cloud around Germano. I know his a quality player, very good DM and pops up with a goal every now and then but ... His a visa player and should be on the pitch... I think this will be his last year with us and could be released in January ...

I have to agree, am sick of the constant injury cloud around Germano. I know his a quality player, very good DM and pops up with a goal every now and then but ... His a visa player and should be on the pitch... I think this will be his last year with us and could be released in January ...

That was the same thing we heard this January.

I think though you ight be right here