Yarraside Museum & Historical Thread

FB.

• 2 weeks later...

fk7c3p.jpg

sydney all you can eatz.

Ballarat Pizza Hut AYCE >>>>> Sydney Pizza Hut AYCE

CC: cadete and bozzatron

i was there too so fuck you

Best Pizza Hut momment was when in Sydney Telsa and I witnessed a Russian Lady get caught stealing food,

She then blamed her cheapness on the fact that the Staff at Pizza Hut were Asian and then claimed they were all going down because apparently she was related to Malcom Turnbull.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

do you remember that kid having his job interview at Ballarat? only thing I remember of it tbh

That was so long ago...

His probably the Manager now, and only hires hot Females that he can use his Manager powers on to seduce in his Black Stato in the Carpark.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So keen to have a go! Never even heard of it before this forum, still have no idea how it works haha.

Keen as though

This would be my last post on here about subbuteo since it would get off topic, but since there is attention from the majority of guys here, who are interested in the game as yourself, I recommend this 30 min doco to watch (although it contains people who are not recommended to represent the face of subbuteo to younger people, it does bring out lols of their extreme passion for the game. There is also women's subbuteo and the number 1 player is an attractive 20(ish) year old Swiss blonde girl :up: )

Edited by Young Polak

Expecting this to be a good thread.

Feel free to add your own items or stroies from years gone by. Goes without saying, remove names/blur pictures etc. where needed.

Going through the wardrobe today and came across a few things;

FIRST EVER YARRASIDE SCARF

20130220_181814_zps6464c565.jpg

I love this thread, but just out of interest, how many shoes do you own!!!

My parents on ever gave me one pair the cheap fuckes :D

• 3 weeks later...

Is it for sale?

I'll buy it.

What is wrong with the Youth in the Terrace?

You are the third guy to offer to buy a Machine that would undoubtedly kill you.

the murder-mobile also comes with my infamous munt mark/stench, ciggie buts and a collection of empty coke cans. would buy

• Like 1

Is it for sale?

I'll buy it.

What is wrong with the Youth in the Terrace?

You are the third guy to offer to buy a Machine that would undoubtedly kill you.

Tbf it nearly has - a long with another couple other young KGB guys. Definitely the closest I've ever come to death.

I'd buy it cos I need a shit box to do my hours in.

• 2 months later...

A significant event had taken place with three members of Yarraside including myself and True Until I Die. Subbuteo Melbourne had played an official friendly tournament recognized by the World Amateur Subbuteo Player Association (WASPA) and all 7 participants will be ranked internationally. Much credit to TUID who made the effort to communicate with WASPA and a veteran World Cup player who was ranked 3rd in the world at one stage during his gaming in the 80's and 90's. this tournament was also held in TUID's home as well. It is now recognized as Subbuteo Melbourne and group has been setup on Facebook to communicate for future events make connections with people around Melbourne who express interest in playing. I believe it is an achievement with having a Yarraside and a Melbourne heart community connection to this establishment and members already set the goals of booking larger rooms, and will be talking in the near future of hosting a special event in 2015 in celebration of the Asian cup that will be hosted in Australia as TUID mentioned. We hope that the starting point of expansion could be from people in this very forum as it is the best sorcery to use the word of mouth strategy. Enjoyed myself and keen for some more game time in future tournaments. People who express interest here can be added to the closed group to view any updates and plans for future meet ups.

From the WASPA blog

Sunday, 14 April 2013

A fantastic first event in Melbourne

Australia is definately back in action in the international subbuteo scene. After Penrith/Sydney, there is a group of active players in Melbourne. Seven of them organized their very first tournament on saturday and there were many great games. It was no surprise that Carl Young won his three games and won the tournament. Carl used to be one of the top European players in the 80s and 90s and move to Australia a few years ago. Searle Batten took the second place and Eial Donnenfeld the thrid place. Well done to Benji Batten for his great work to make things happen. With Carl Young as a teacher, this group has a promising future!

564573_10151540696649679_813611996_n.jpg

I managed to do a subbuteo interview with WASPA and arguably it can tie in with the first subbuteo tournament in melbourne. I have mentioned y-side and a small back story of how things started from the very forum and how it evolved to what it is now today.

So I guess i'll leave the link here if anyone is interested

http://waspa-circuit.blogspot.be/2013/08/interview-of-luke-radziminski.html

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 5