Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

FOAD. You have no clue

EDIT: If we look at it this way you average 0.37 likes per post and I average 0.33, making you a slightly better poster than me as judged by the forum. :up:

EDIT: I sincerely hope someone close to you dies a slow death to Cancer.

Its great to see posts like this from time to time, as they are a fantastic reminder for me to get the fuck off this forum and go do something constructive with my time

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 5

FOAD. You have no clue

EDIT: If we look at it this way you average 0.37 likes per post and I average 0.33, making you a slightly better poster than me as judged by the forum. :up:

>implying that I cared about post/like ratio

>still has a better post/like ratio than OP

>OP is a faggot

>wishes someone I knows gets cancer

>continual evidence of OP being a faggot

>OP is a faggot

:droy:

FFS this forum is worse than youtube comments somemtimes.

I've been in a coma for four weeks and it doesn't look like I've missed much.

A bit harsh on Benayoun. An AM who can split the lines and score goals was what we were crying out for last season. As a Gooner, Yossi did that fo us last season, could play wide if required, and is quite resilient.

The other name I would put out there (?? Mentioned previously -I have been in a coma after all) is Andrei Arshavin. I know there will be howls of laughter but hear me out. Just split with his wife and wants to start a new life with the girlfriend. Is a confidence player, immensely talented and had a great spell with Zenit last summer, and he is only 32 He is strong on the ball and quite creative. As a AM would seriously trouble most teams, and can score himself. Press says he is "retiring" so you would have to gauge his motivation very closely, but in the A league, given a guaranteed start every week, he could fire. At his best was spectacular but his welcome wore out at Arsenal. Could do very well here.

Now thats more like it!

Defenders on the tail end of their careers will never be considered marquees in this league.  Including Zambrotta.

Arshavin at 32 would be massive in the A-League.  Its only 5 years ago he tore the Euro's apart.  Ticks all the boxes on the pitch: there isn't a Euro-snob that doesn't know him, attacking midfielder (IMO only strikers and AM's are the only true marquees).

As you said only question is how motivated he is to play, but TBH if his motivation was 100% he's still be in the EPL.  But its only 27 games league, one game per week, lower intensity training, better weather than Russia.  

At least we should sound the guy out for a 12 month deal.

Agreed KK. Arshavin ticks the boxes required for a marquee player. A non-Anglo attacking player with an EPL club that has essentially been a household word for decades. You just can't do better than that. Leaves most of the names mentioned on here so far for dead.

Apart from him not being a drawcard name, and having little to no motivation to play football anymore; yes - he is the perfect marquee.

Care to explain what was the main thing wrong with our team last year? The players dIdnt give a crap. Arshavin would fit in perfectly :up:

Apart from him not being a drawcard name, and having little to no motivation to play football anymore; yes - he is the perfect marquee.

Care to explain what was the main thing wrong with our team last year? The players dIdnt give a crap. Arshavin would fit in perfectly :up:

Not a draw card name? Are you fucking kidding me?  He's head and shoulders above Ono for recognistion(and around the continental Europeans bigger than Heskey).  An EPL player at one of the big four clubs only months ago?

We don't know what caused his lack of motivation but being half way around the world for 6 months with a new bird in a sunny place might be just what he need to get his mojo back.

• Like 2

FOAD. You have no clue

>implying that I cared about post/like ratio

>still has a better post/like ratio than OP

>OP is a faggot

>wishes someone I knows gets cancer

>continual evidence of OP being a faggot

>OP is a faggot

Well, that escalated quickly

Super Kevin Davies... I posted it earlier... I'm gonna keep posting it... sure he's getting on in age. But this guy would tear it apart. He's big and strong. He suits the way football is played here. Also he is a natural leader and someone the club could really market.

• Like 1

Thierry Henry, Would be a great marquee signing! He still has it in him. He can score goals, Attract a crowd and his salary is currently at $US3.75 million for this season; Correct me if i am wrong, i think his contract expires at the end of this season with New York Redbulls.
This is a realistic and an affordable marquee. It will also be a very profitable one as he did play for Arsenal and barcelona! 

Thierry Henry, Would be a great marquee signing! He still has it in him. He can score goals, Attract a crowd and his salary is currently at $US3.75 million for this season; Correct me if i am wrong, i think his contract expires at the end of this season with New York Redbulls.

This is a realistic and an affordable marquee. It will also be a very profitable one as he did play for Arsenal and barcelona! 

How is Henry affordable? I take it your assumption is he'd take a massive pay cut?

Hearing rumors today. Bresciano close, Ognenovski possible, Muscat of the Manny variety still under discussion.

As I say, only rumors, but Big Kev is calling from the grave - yes, "I'm excited!!"

If we get bresciano it would be unbelievable. Ogers would be a good signing too, we need to start signing some backmen

Hearing rumors today. Bresciano close, Ognenovski possible, Muscat of the Manny variety still under discussion.

As I say, only rumors, but Big Kev is calling from the grave - yes, "I'm excited!!"

What is the veracity of these rumours? Amazing news if it all falls into place.

Rumours, rumours. Sigh. Not even any confirmation of Murdocca yet.

Now that Moyes has been confirmed as Man UTD's coach - it leaves the door wide open for Mourinho to return to Chelsea, keeping Lampard at Stamford Bridge.

Plus, I doubt we'd be able to compete with the LA Galaxies and Guizhou Renhe's of the world offering GBP250,000 per week. I found this from a year ago:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/309331/Rio-Ferdinand-and-Frank-Lampard-linked-to-China-move

To Heartinator, local football sources. Again only rumours I admit and I'm certainly no troll. The Bresch one I've heard twice from separate people including a Victory connection who assured me he's not winding me up an i trust. Hope that helps and we'll see with time. Would be great if it came to fruition.

• Like 1

If we get bresciano it would be unbelievable. Ogers would be a good signing too, we need to start signing some backmen

Alex Rance should be available soon.

• Like 1

Have heard the same rumor off someone in the know but with a world cup year approaching both Bresciano & Ognenovski are both wanting to stay put until after the world cup both need game time and with the A-League still some 6 months away both would not be doing there world cup chances much good

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 1

Have heard the same rumor off someone in the know but with a world cup year approaching both Bresciano & Ognenovski are both wanting to stay put until after the world cup both need game time and with the A-League still some 6 months away both would not be doing there world cup chances much good

True, on the other hand they'd be much more centrally placed on Holger's radar if they were playing here, Garcia's experience shows that. Less of an factor for Bresc, more of a factor for Og.

True, on the other hand they'd be much more centrally placed on Holger's radar if they were playing here, Garcia's experience shows that. Less of an factor for Bresc, more of a factor for Og.

Thats a fair call and with both Bresciano being 33 and  Ognenovski being 34 the break could do wonders for the both of them. Garcia was in the same boat and i think the rest has helped his body seeing he played pretty much every game (or close to it) without an injury (if im not mistaken) and even earnt an international call up. In my opinion its almost a win win for the both of them to come home.

If this post comes true I will cry for days. Best outcome.

• Like 2