Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Kisnorbo got released by Leeds this morning, thinking he may be a chance!

Should be going hard for him. You'd think Victory would be interested as well.

Imagine two tall, dark skinned Paddys with shaved heads marshalling our defense :up:

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

This guy isn't a marquee, but I see he's managed by the same agent as Raul. I'm talking about David Albelda. He's:

- 35yo

- Defensive Mid, but can play in defence too.

- At Valencia

- Contract expires end of June

- Has played more than 50 games for Spain

- Worth around EUR500,000

Since he has the same agent as Raul, maybe JD can organise a deal and get both players at Heart for less than AUD$1,500,000.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

You would think with JA seeming to want Heart to play a Spanish type of game he would be targeting Spanish players, especially as he must have contacts, given his time playing there.

Anyway, JA and Hayden are on their European working holiday (I wonder if Foxe in Socks is wearing the merch?). I hope they come back with some souvenirs, preferably ones that win us the league.

This guy isn't a marquee, but I see he's managed by the same agent as Raul. I'm talking about David Albelda. He's:

- 35yo

- At Valencia

Since he has the same agent as Raul, maybe JD can organise a deal and get both players at Heart for less than AUD$1,500,000.

What are your thoughts?

Great idea, I can't understand why we don't have more Spanish players either

Dean bouzanis released by Oldham.  First choice keeper?

This thread is for potential marquee discussion, while Bouzanis would have a good chance of being number 1 ahead of Redmayne if signed, don't see how he comes close to being a marquee when he wasn't offered a new contract at a League One side :hmm:

Could Park Ji-Sung be an option for Heart?

Would be the ideal Marque, has a large Asian following and also is pretty quality on the pitch. Think this would be a win win, but will be hard to complete

with the Middle East throwing all their coin at him. 

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4025/features/2013/05/06/3947468/opinion-why-park-ji-sung-should-consider-an-a-league-move?ICID=HP

• Like 2

Would be the ideal Marque, has a large Asian following and also is pretty quality on the pitch. Think this would be a win win, but will be hard to complete

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4025/features/2013/05/06/3947468/opinion-why-park-ji-sung-should-consider-an-a-league-move?ICID=HP

He has seen better days wearing red :P

I'd like him here

You would think with JA seeming to want Heart to play a Spanish type of game he would be targeting Spanish players, especially as he must have contacts, given his time playing there.

Anyway, JA and Hayden are on their European working holiday (I wonder if Foxe in Socks is wearing the merch?). I hope they come back with some souvenirs, preferably ones that win us the league.

Hopefully they spend some time in Milan and Foxe actually finds some style and buys himself a new wardrobe!

But yes, a couple of quality players will be nice too! lol

Would take as a marquee!

Hopefully they spend some time in Milan and Foxe actually finds some style and buys himself a new wardrobe!

But yes, a couple of quality players will be nice too! lol

Foxe actually attends all NYL games in normal gear (Even brings his kid along) - He saves the Gimp Costume for the Big Time.

- 35yo

- At Valencia

What are your thoughts?

Exactly what we need an experienced organiser. Worth every cent.

It's only 7th May. If we do sign a marquee player I reckon it won't be until August at the earliest...this thread has got a long time to run.

This off-season already seems the most boring of the three we've had so far.

I've been in a coma for four weeks and it doesn't look like I've missed much.

A bit harsh on Benayoun. An AM who can split the lines and score goals was what we were crying out for last season. As a Gooner, Yossi did that fo us last season, could play wide if required, and is quite resilient.

The other name I would put out there (?? Mentioned previously -I have been in a coma after all) is Andrei Arshavin. I know there will be howls of laughter but hear me out. Just split with his wife and wants to start a new life with the girlfriend. Is a confidence player, immensely talented and had a great spell with Zenit last summer, and he is only 32 He is strong on the ball and quite creative. As a AM would seriously trouble most teams, and can score himself. Press says he is "retiring" so you would have to gauge his motivation very closely, but in the A league, given a guaranteed start every week, he could fire. At his best was spectacular but his welcome wore out at Arsenal. Could do very well here.

• Like 1

I've been in a coma for four weeks and it doesn't look like I've missed much.

A bit harsh on Benayoun. An AM who can split the lines and score goals was what we were crying out for last season. As a Gooner, Yossi did that fo us last season, could play wide if required, and is quite resilient.

The other name I would put out there (?? Mentioned previously -I have been in a coma after all) is Andrei Arshavin. I know there will be howls of laughter but hear me out. Just split with his wife and wants to start a new life with the girlfriend. Is a confidence player, immensely talented and had a great spell with Zenit last summer, and he is only 32 He is strong on the ball and quite creative. As a AM would seriously trouble most teams, and can score himself. Press says he is "retiring" so you would have to gauge his motivation very closely, but in the A league, given a guaranteed start every week, he could fire. At his best was spectacular but his welcome wore out at Arsenal. Could do very well here.

Love him, would take.

Not sure if he's been suggested or how much pulling power he has but Gianluca Zambrotta is a free agent.

would lose my shit TBH. 

is well known by the Italian and Spanish community. played for Milan, Juve and Barca. 

but would it drag Eurosnobs out of their hiding? not sure.

FOAD. You have no clue

EDIT: If we look at it this way you average 0.37 likes per post and I average 0.33, making you a slightly better poster than me as judged by the forum. :up:

EDIT: I sincerely hope someone close to you dies a slow death to Cancer.

Edited by Jimmy