Melbourne Football

Represent the Heart.

Mentor

From the club...

"We are looking to establish a ‘representative group’ of fans who can act as a key communications link between the Club and the wider supporter group. In the first instance, we would like to invite interest to form a group of eight people who can meet bi-monthly with the Club and create increased dialogue on Club and fan-based activities. We are keen to establish a group who come from a wide range of age and experience, and welcome member input on the group's representation. Interested parties can email membership@melbourneheartfc.com.au and we will update the membership base on the progress of the group’s inception."

Brilliant initiative by the club. The group of eight will no doubt be able to influence the direction of the club. I am sure that some eventual members will be regulars on this forum and will be able to be a real conduit between the supporters and the club.

Perhaps some genuine forum nominations are called for...

Great news. Wouldn't mind being involved in this.

Brought this idea up at the fan forum on Wednesday as a specific way for the club to draw on some of the great ideas members have to improve our club.

Good to see them acting on the idea.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 2

I dont thnk it is important other than the people "we" nominate atleast from this forum being stong minded, and vocal.

I think in the end we will have a thread dedicated and also really for each meeting pre meeting where we can all suggest what we are thinking is important..

We need advocates that will express the popular opinion from this site and let the MHFC know about it.

That is all, i dont care who that i.

I would like to nominate myself for the Representative Group my name is Oscar and I am a foundation member. My passion for the heart runs deep and I will do anything to strengthen the relationship between Club and Fans... I was present at the last fan forum and it was great to see my fellow members come out and show there support for the Red and White

Heart Member for life

• 1 month later...

Foremost, i'd like to know EXACTLY how the club see's us as a supporter group. 

Most of us are of the attitude: 'It's what we can do for the club, not what the club can do for you' and I know they keep saying that we are the life blood and so forth. But after the bullshit in the media, i want to know how they feel about us doing what we do. Are we a hindrance? Are we doing what the club wants us to do? 

Are they expecting change? If so, are they using this initiative to create 'a policing group' within the terrace? I know we were the one's that have asked for a representative group, and thank you for listening to us, but business is business. You get given lemons, you make a lemonade stand. 

I don't know if this is something that you are able to bring up at this meeting but you maybe able to word it as such: As a concerned foundation member. I would also love to know how the club is planning on tackling our away form issue as this is a direct representation of membership sales and attendances on game day?

Feedback: From a general fans point of view - i think the match day experience has been really good and entertaining. A lot of initiative has gone into getting families to the game and building a solid foundation. This is seen in the amount of preteen's Tesla looks at going to the game and buying merchandise. This helps ease the debate of how long the club will last.

Active supporters point of view is stated all over the forum.

Please disregard this statement if it is not what you guys are looking for. Thanks.

I'm more concerned about the on-field matters.

Will JA be present?
If so, can someone please find out if he has an actual style or system in place at the club.

I don't get the impression that there is a clear direction in the football that he wants the players to execute.

• Like 1

A few quick questions.

- What is the plan for the youth this year given the collapse of the Melbourne Heart state one side? Still being sent out to VPL/State League side? Last discussion seemed to indicate that they felt the benefits for players weren't huge and adapting them to a new system wasn't proving a great improvement for their progression.

- What was the feedback from the club (internally) from the last fan forum? Did they think that it ended up being a positive experience and liked the suggestions we put forward? Has anything been implemented directly as a result of this fan forum?

• Like 1

First Representative meeting on Wednesday night - I will be there.

Post your questions / comments for the club and I will try and get feedback on as many issues / items as possible, which I will then report back to the forum.

Have sent you a PM.

bianco, if you have an idea, this is where you should voice it. and it will get passed on to the board via the representatives.

I dare say that if the board likes the idea, or deems it feasible, they will then make the idea public (with praise to the fans) and see how the wide variety react to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a lot of thought about what this representative group means, i believe, my previous post has lost a lot of credibility. 

A fan forum is the place to voice opinions and criticisms about the club or ask about what the coach is planning and so forth.

Whereas this 'representative group' will voice ideas on how to benefit the club. i.e. ticket packages, new initiatives that may work with the variety of fans, greater fan involvement via volunteering, etc.

I don't think that it's up to this group to 'coach the coach', so to speak.

So whatever you can take out of my last post and please add: training times to be made available (i know they are upon request) in their weekly emails maybe?

I too am now not sure about this group. I sent Torn Asunder a PM about possible ways I could perhaps help the club. That's still relevant, but if this group is about passing new ideas to the club about season-ticket packages and prices and other membership 'ideas' then that's a different thing altogether.

How about just going to the meeting and then reporting back just what it is that the club wants to come out of this new communication channel? It's the first meeting and there's plenty of time to get things going before next season.

Otherwise we might all have the wrong ideas.

• Like 1

As far as i know, the people who attended the fan forum had a lot of great ideas, thus leading to the inception of a fan 'representative group'.

The club representatives don't read the forum... (Thank god).

So they will now rely on this select group to gather the ideas and feedback, on various topics, that the fans have and pass them on, back and forth.

• Like 1