Melbourne Football

Airport Farwell for Aziz?

LR9

Well, well, well. it's on and what is more surprising is that my email from HeartFC today contains a link to a video message from Aziz to us members. I'm wondering if the HeartFC management have been reading the posts here talking about how to better recognise our players and give them a send off. Maybe the mhfcsupporters forum is making a difference and at Board/CEO level. I hope so.

Couldn't sum it up better than what FB just did.

Great night had by all, Aziz is one of the best people you could ever meet and was unbelievably thankful to the fans that made the trek out.

Also a massive thanks must go to his family who were very welcoming and thankful to us and made us feel very much a part of it.

On a little sad note imo, I think it was pathetic that only one player made the trip out (Nick Kalmar) and there was no club officials or anyone else that anything to do with the club there to send him off.

Other than that, couldn't have thought of a better way to spend this Tuesday night.

Goodbye Aziz, gone but not forgotten.

A true Melbourne hero.

Edited by MTP
  • Like 3

Just got back now. Can't speak more highly of the night.

It's occasions like that which typify what our club does and should stand for.

Probably had about 45 of us there which was good considering the short notice. A few senior members went over to speak to Aziz's family and handed him a scarf before he left, which he loved. Don't think he could wipe the smile off his face.

Aziz was an absolute gentleman. You could see how much it meant having us fans there thanking him for his services and wishing him good luck on the next stage of his career. Personally thanked everyone one of us before he boarded the plane. Not sure there was a dry eye in the terminal, even had a tear well up myself as he left to board the plane.

As he walked towards the gates we let rip with a final rendition of 'Whomp Aziz', and a cover of 'You Are in My Heart' to great applause from his family, who couldn't thank us enough for turning out to wish him off.

I know we've all been feeling down this week, but it's the moments like this why I follow this club. Where the wall is broken down between family, player & fans, & we all get to share in a special moment. It was a pleasure to be there and be reminded of what a fantastic club we all follow.

Bring on the Mongs on Saturday.

Well said and it was an honour being there. No need for me to add anymore to that brilliant description of tonight's events.

• Like 2

i was at work but that is great guys, Aziz is the greatest MHFC player to date without doubt, will miss him running down the wings from LB, he just never gave in and wouldnt take anything from the opposition or give them and inch, need more Aziz will not be replaced easily at all. You can just tell winning and the MHFC meant so much to the kid, glad he gets the opportunity he has.

My family friend, Aziz behichs sister got a video of him leaving, so upsetting hearing them all cry

Well mate, there's quite a few of us who wouldn't mind getting in touch with some his sisters after tonight if you wouldn't mind helping to facilitate it.

Boy oh boy :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

My family friend, Aziz behichs sister got a video of him leaving, so upsetting hearing them all cry

Well mate, there's quite a few of us who wouldn't mind getting in touch with some his sisters after tonight if you wouldn't mind helping to facilitate it.

Boy oh boy :wub: :wub: :wub:

as I told LR9, would seriously stop doing anything illegal I do, cancel my tafe course that I'm about to start, work full time and buy us a house for me and THAT cousin or sister to live in

Would smash does not even come close to explaining.

Was seriously a "Turkish delight".

Pure beauty.

Edited by MTP

Just got back now. Can't speak more highly of the night.

It's occasions like that which typify what our club does and should stand for.

Probably had about 45 of us there which was good considering the short notice. A few senior members went over to speak to Aziz's family and handed him a scarf before he left, which he loved. Don't think he could wipe the smile off his face.

Aziz was an absolute gentleman. You could see how much it meant having us fans there thanking him for his services and wishing him good luck on the next stage of his career. Personally thanked everyone one of us before he boarded the plane. Not sure there was a dry eye in the terminal, even had a tear well up myself as he left to board the plane.

As he walked towards the gates we let rip with a final rendition of 'Whomp Aziz', and a cover of 'You Are in My Heart' to great applause from his family, who couldn't thank us enough for turning out to wish him off.

I know we've all been feeling down this week, but it's the moments like this why I follow this club. Where the wall is broken down between family, player & fans, & we all get to share in a special moment. It was a pleasure to be there and be reminded of what a fantastic club we all follow. Something other club's supporters don't get to experience.

Bring on the Mongs on Saturday.

Well said, I feel privileged to have been there. He wore that scarf with so much pride! Will miss him!

Yea

Yeah just saw the video up on facebook, is sad to see him leave but wish him all the best in turkey

Had the pleasure of talking to him during pre-season and he was such a nice and genuine bloke

Where abouts on Facebook is the Video, Can somewhere share it to Yarraside