Melbourne Football

A-League News Thread

mus-28

My understanding is that the foundations are fine, its just the roof structure which needs to be completely re-done.

I really can't see us getting a bigger rectangular stadium in Melbourne anytime soon, if we weren't going to build a new one for the World Cup then we aren't going to get one for the ALeague. Heart, Storm and Rebels have nothing to gain by getting a bigger stadium either.

Edited by hedaik1

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/angry-central-coast-mariners-on-brink-of-strike/story-e6frf4gl-1226602153690

The players had to be convinced to turn up to training this morning.

It is believed the players will strike, including not attending training and even boycotting matches, if they don't receive their money by close of business on Monday. Professional Footballers Australia is expected to issue a statement, backing the players

>

It is believed the players will strike, including not attending training and even boycotting matches, if they don't receive their money by close of business on Monday. Professional Footballers Australia is expected to issue a statement, backing the players

Poor bastards. Would rather these guys win the league than those WSW flogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Why go to a club when they will be relegated at seasons end? I don't get it

because playing in the championship is 100 times better than the a league I just don't see reading being a club to reach the premier league again

Why does he have to play in the premier league ?

• Like 1

Why go to a club when they will be relegated at seasons end? I don't get it

because playing in the championship is 100 times better than the a league I just don't see reading being a club to reach the premier league again

I said championship not premier league..... and I still stand by that playing in championship is 100 times better than the A league.

also even if reading never make it back up, if he is good enough he will be picked up by a PL club anyway.

I really doubt it will happen but I would really like to see MHFC play some Away games in Victoria in this competition...

Setting up YSIDE under the Roofed Terraces at Olympic Village would be awesome.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I really doubt it will happen but I would really like to see MHFC play some Away games in Victoria in this competition...

Setting up YSIDE under the Roofed Terraces at Olympic Village would be awesome.In an earlier event, they said that it was a matter of when, not if.

And also that about 600 teams would enter at some stage. Not sure how that'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/football-federation-australia-chief-executive-david-gallop-says-his-code-has-surpassed-cricket-in-popularity/story-e6frf4gl-1226626855543?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

But if inane articles from a Rugby League writer are more your style, have a read of this, one of the first interviews after the Grand Final and Gallop is subjected to some ordinary questioning.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldnt find appropriate fred.

Harry Kewell shown the door at Al Gharafa.

Will be back in the A-League next season no doubt.

The only thing worse than us signing him,  would be us declaring we are very close to signing him and then missing out to another A League Club.

• Like 2

Couldnt find appropriate fred.

Harry Kewell shown the door at Al Gharafa.

Will be back in the A-League next season no doubt.

The only thing worse than us signing him,  would be us declaring we are very close to signing him and then missing out to another A League Club.

Well...at least then we would have another reason to boo him? :P

Heart, whose head coach John Aloisi was a teammate of Kewell’s at the 2006 World Cup, has also flagged its interest with CEO Scott Munn saying “any A-League club would be keen on a fit Harry Kewell”

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1151864/Potential-A-League-return-for-Kewell

Edited by KSK_47