Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

Bringing my two mates, can't wait for the Adelaide game. One thing I would like Is that anybody is able to support the heart actively, instead of being stopped for not having an active supporter membership.

Best bet it go to bay18. You'll be right next to Yarraside and can be close enough to just slip in.

A new day! A new opportunity to bring one more Melburnian to our great club.

Remember the pillars of this campaign:

Asking someone new to a game (Adelaide game want biggest non derby crowd)

Bringing them to meet Heart fans (Imperial)(Yarraside)

Enjoying the game together (singing/chanting/clapping/celebrating)

Membership (important)

The reason for membership is simple. We want to grow the club. With showing your friend/family member the whole experience and getting them to sign up, next year it will be easier to convince them to join up again from the start. With memberships being so cheap, now is the time to bring new people to our club as members.

As I said this is the first step. I am working on having initiatives in the offseason for members to keep the flame burning so to speak. Next year there will be a push from the start to get more people as members. The target will be 12,000 members. Which is achievable.

Keep striving. Today keep eyes open to new possibilities. Everyone deserves football. Ask someone new. Whatever it takes.

It probably doesn't mean much but when I called this morning to sign up my parents I was on hold for a while due to a 'high volume of calls' Hopefully a good sign!

Great sign.

Also well done on signing up two more people today! Amazing effort!

Parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, work mates it doesn't matter!

#OneMelburnian at a time!

Another mate signed up today!!!

Had another fan tell me he signed up because of this initiative and the passion being shown with our fans. Is trying to get two mates signed up also. This is what will happen. #OneMelburnian turns into so much more for our club.

Proud of you all! It's only day two, long way to go and we gotta keep going! Everyday we keep pushing!

3 mates got memberships at the start of the season, and hopefully i should get another 2 signed up by the end of the week.

and Melburnian, maybe send your first post in this tread to Scott Munn, and ask to have it forwarded to all members, targeting people who arent on the forum.

3 mates got memberships at the start of the season, and hopefully i should get another 2 signed up by the end of the week.

and Melburnian, maybe send your first post in this tread to Scott Munn, and ask to have it forwarded to all members, targeting people who arent on the forum.

I'm not exactly sure the club will appreciate my first post mate, they know all about this as they have included it in their email.

If they read this post they have my permission to use that first post and edit the bits about them out if they choose to do so! They read this forum.

Well done on signing up some mates, great stuff your making a huge difference.

I was told when I rang to purchase a mates membership early today, that memberships were selling very well and feedback was they are expecting a decent turnout of people for next week.

Let me remind everyone here that it is day two of this campaign and we have already achieve this feedback. Please continue to keep this going and we could see things beyond our imagination.

#OneMelburnian

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23OneMelburnian&src=hash

Fantastic work from everyone who's gotten involved. We need a way to spread it to those without Twitter and who aren't on the forum...

It's now time for the club to step up to the plate and hold up their end of the bargain, by 'showing up' to our next two fixtures, and beyond.

It also wouldn't hurt if the back room staff rewarded us by giving us a full bay 17, a simple request, really. ;)

We can't complain with the support Scott Munn has sown us and really The Imperial have been bloody sensational to us for three years now it's about time we have them a massive clientele in appreciation.

Keep going guys, keep striving!

The Gimp have been good to us yes, but let's not go overboard in saying they have been sensational.

Could reel off several dozens instances of where staff have been jerks, or where they've refused to put our games on, or didn't want to turn the noise up, refused us service etc. etc.

In actuality, for the amount of money & business us fans have brought them over the years they could probably do a bit more to show some appreciation for us tbh.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

We can't complain with the support Scott Munn has sown us and really The Imperial have been bloody sensational to us for three years now it's about time we have them a massive clientele in appreciation.

Keep going guys, keep striving!

The Gimp have been good to us yes, but let's not go overboard in saying they have been sensational.

Could reel off several dozens instances of where staff have been jerks, or where they've refused to put our games on, or didn't want to turn the noise up, refused us service etc. etc.

For the amount of money & buisness us fans have brought them over the years they could probably do a bit more to show some appreciation for us tbh.

Maybe too strong a word I agree!

I think though, we have a decent relationship and should appreciate it. Everything can get better. I imagine when we have a few more turn up more regularly this will occur.

Sent out a text this afternoon, got a mate coming to the Adelaide match, and got him signed up with the 3 game membership for the remainder of the season and beyond! Another mate I attend the matches with says he has several coming along to Adelaide with him, good news.

Yarraside will be bouncing next week, fire up!

One Melburnian at a time.

• Like 1

Sent out a text this afternoon, got a mate coming to the Adelaide match, and got him signed up with the 3 game membership for the remainder of the season and beyond! Another mate I attend the matches with says he has several coming along to Adelaide with him, good news.

Yarraside will be bouncing next week, fire up!

One Melburnian at a time.

Brilliant!

I bring at least 4 people to every game and have introduced upwards of twenty people to the sport. I've bought 4 memberships across two seasons and I live 300km away.

Where's my love Melburnian?

Terrific work Jimmy. I know it's not melburnians love but it some. ;)

Loving the efforts. I'm sure they'll go rewarded.

• Like 1