Melbourne Football

Streamers

Melburnian

So are we allowed to throw streamers? And not have seccos get all up in our grillz and kick us out for throwing a projectile?

The rules say your not allowed, but you can get away with it if a lot of PPL do it at once...

I'm so old I remember as a young kid throwing the Dunny Rolls at Waverly Park.

I will chip in for this for sure, would work better if we pooled moneys for it and bought in bulk and just handed them out in masses, would save quite a bit of mulla that way!

Fuck the seccos! If they kick us out for throwing mass streamers... It will be very public and they will look like a bunch of cunts to the wider population rather than those of us few who have had the pleasure more personally. They wont do it. Simple.

Tbh, we need to absolutely flood the stadium all around or south end but needs to be in the thousands easily. Would look amazing if you couldn't even see the people in the stands.

Edit: that's what I would aim for, utter annihilation of streamers

Edited by MrAiDaN66

Just stating the obvious with $1,000 - $1,500 a much more impressive display could be made than streamers

So we make it $2500 and we do both? haha. Perhaps with a target in mind for a future Derby with one of these "blow peoples FUCKING MINDS" type displays would be a good motivator to get people to donate more to Y-Side? *shrugs* Just thinking outside the box here

Ok, I don't mean to be a killjoy but there's a few things that stand out here:

1) Cost - as Malloy said, a much more impressive tifo could be done with the sort of cash you lads are talking about.

2) Why are you discussing this in a public forum? Kind of defeats the purpose if people are expecting it, don't you think?

3) Melburnian - you can't just say "fuck the seccos" in that manner.

4) We plan tifo well ahead of time for the season, so don't go running off raising expectations of what will happen every week.

That being said, I fucking love streamers and it would look rather good if done properly.

Could it be worth investing the money in something that can be used over and over. The tifo's so far have been one offs, which is it's purpose, but maybe that money could be use in something that could be used regularly. Like this. Lengths of material that could be held up when the players walk our.

00-01_PSG_Bastia_tifo_30ans.jpg

Make it bigger and worth while though. Over 3 or 5 bays. Then when we have individual tifo's just take out the middle section. Just brainstorming

The overall cost is why I suggested earlier on in this discussion that we should try and create a "bring a streamer" culture so that it only costs each person a couple of dollars a game and if it becomes a tradition people will remember to bring their streamer in the same manner they bring their scarf.

Even if it takes off slowly after a few games the results would speak for themselves.

As has been mentioned, we would want the blessing of the club. Perhaps if we can organise another supporter led match day experience then that would be a good oportunity to get this started.

Ticker tape would also be great. Heaps of it.

The best ways to improve the terrace are

1. Stand in the terrsce and actually sing regardless of how well the team is playing (follow capo or senior terrace members instructions in regards to this)

2. Donate to the terrace

3. Make your own two sticks and flags and bring them to the game and wave them.

4. Get down to the pub pre game and post game

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, jeffplz said:

are there restrictions on these?

According to the AAMI Park conditions of entry and the last few months of throwing them, no. I have a Nike bag with a hidden zip where I keep the streamers and only a few times I've had to pull them out but they didn't take them off me :up: Plus last night I was in the view of a few guards and they didn't do anything so I say stock up and go nuts!

http://www.aamipark.com.au/arriving-and-access/conditions-of-entry/