Melbourne Football

Fred 4 Jesus

PouCamp

We should encourage players expressing themselves imo. (I'm no religion either). Better than having robotic media personalities.

I don't have a problem with players expressing themselves within reason, but if he's going to keep doing it every game the message will get rather tedious. Once is enough. The point was made, move on.

That's the issue, more then anything else and as captain he should know better.

Not sure what point it serves either. If he loves Jesus, that should be enough in itself. It shouldn't have to be emblazoned for the whole world to see for every game, the point was made well and truly clear at the derby.

I agree with this to an extent. Not exactly sure what he aims to achieve by parading around with it, but I guess it does serve some personal underlying purpose. It reminds me of Barcelona players who often display the Catalan flag post-game (which is far more symbolic IMO). Whether religion and causes can be categorised into the same group is another question.

The Catalan flags are understandable as Barca's history as a club is very closely intertwined with Catalan politics. Had our club been founded by monks or some religous sect it wouldn't be an issue.

I just don't see what the point for it is and I haven't seen a decent argument put forward here as as to why it is, other then he's a nice bloke and he's Brazilian.

• Like 2

It's his thing, it's personal, it's not offensive, and it doesn't exclude anyone with different beliefs. Whether you're Muslim, Christian, Athiest, whatever, it's generally not offensive to simply express your religious belief. If it said something like 'follow Jesus', then that would be a bit different because he'd be using the club and the game to explicitly push a cause. For now, I'm happy to see more of it because it means he's scoring goals.

But it's hard to draw the line when it comes to messages under player's shirts. It would probably be easier to just have a blanket ban on all messages. But I'd hate to see that. Let players show their personalities. Yellow cards for taking off a shirt in celebration is pretty stupid imo.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

I don't see why he has to do this religious shit. If fred wanted to look badass, he would have the batman symbol or some shit like that under his shirt.

Bitches love batman

He probably doesn't think it is "shit". And I share his opinion, as I also belong to Jesus.

close the thread its beyond stupid now

Yeah we all know Jesus isn't real :o

Actually most Ancient Historians have concluded that a man named Jesus Christ existed in some sort of form.

Anyway its not relevant - Thread Locked.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1