Melbourne Football

Drums & instruments in the Yarraside

Melburnian

There was a couple of posters here who said they can provide skins for the drums, any chance for Sunday.

I will bring the new drum in on Sunday to the Imperial. I plan on being there early and bringing some mates for their first or second games. We will be drinking from a very early time on Sunday....

Anyone who can provide new skins for the old drum, it will be cool!

• Like 1

No issues! Where do I get new skins from?

Try going to music stores, unfortunately some don't sell them, but just look up stores online, see what they sell, and if they sell skins, go for it. Just make sure to buy the right size, and I am sure that if you go to a music store the person working there would tell you how to put them on etc. Just don't be suckered into buying skins that are too expensive.

No issues! Where do I get new skins from?

Try going to music stores, unfortunately some don't sell them, but just look up stores online, see what they sell, and if they sell skins, go for it. Just make sure to buy the right size, and I am sure that if you go to a music store the person working there would tell you how to put them on etc. Just don't be suckered into buying skins that are too expensive.

Thanks for the info :)

Now what size do I need for the old drum?

I hate drumming. New drummers please apply within.

As I said earlier in the thread I would be happy to :).

Thanks for the info :)

Now what size do I need for the old drum?

No worries :). I am not sure, but on the subject of new skins, it might be good to buy some more for the new drum you are going to donate aswell, just as backups in case they ever need changing.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just letting you know, the drum has been dropped off at AAMI Park ready for Fridays game.

Whilst it wasn't in the flawless condition I was told it is infinitely better than the drum we use. Wow the skin is gone on that one! We need to buy new skins for both, but the old drum is still salvageable. Please if anyone can get two 22" drum skins for Friday or even one for the old one it would be appreciated.

Also need two things:

Drumsticks and Drummers.

I would like both drums utilised if possible. We need more sound!

Anyway, Yarraside, drum is there ready for action!

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 2

I can't play basketball for shit.

There's a start!

Be kind to me though, I was a superb Trumpeter until I was about 16, was in a half decent Jazz band and all, but I have not played much in the last 6-8 years so I am quite rusty! Have been playing all week though just getting the feel back.

Will only be a few songs this week, will expand and improve as the weeks go on!

• Like 2

trumpet really boosted the terrace culture... i believe a second drummer to play with Argi would sound fantastic imo

Agree, bring back the snare to, would help with a few of the chants.

The mate I brought with me last night is a drummer, has a snare, is hell keen to be involved.

I think we should take these things one step at a time though, give them a couple of weeks at least, make sure each is done properly and developed well and then added to. This goes for myself as well as I need much more improving as well as a more diverse repertoire with music for chants as I only have 4 ATM.

Was a great night! The terrace sounded fantastic and was really well driven and most importantly LOUD!

Great Job everyone!