Melbourne Football

The Coronavirus Thread (We nearly didn't see City in the 2021 Grand Final)

CityWildcat

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

No you are right he is actually the leading authority and spokesperson for the Italian government

President of the Institute [Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS), Italian National Institute of Health], Silvio Brusaferro, during the press conference held today at the Civil Protection in Rome. 

Sorry I down graded his role as he is far more important than the Health minister  

“The institute is under the supervision of the Ministero della Salute (Ministry of Health).”

:droy:

So a hysterical lady talking over a couple blokes in hazmat's is proof of a hoax. Paperwork could be wrong, might be the wrong bloke, wrong building, they don't want to filmed while fucking up. etc If you see someone constantly refute strong evidence that goes against their personal beliefs but they themselves present weak evidence in response, you might yourself a classic case of chronic cognitive dissonance. 

@playmker I'm still not convinced but I'm like 7/11, I'm open 24/7 brother.

(ps. its a Chinese Bio-Weapon)

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

IMO we'd be better served by cutting the bickering and instead focus on positives. I'd like to post this link.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-27/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-criteria-eligibility/12097990

One thing I would like to see though is more detailed information on just where the cases in Victoria are. It wouldn't mean that I would relax my present "isolation" efforts whatsoever, but it would make me feel a lot more confident about what to do and not do if I had the details for my municipality.

Edited by jw1739

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO we'd be better served by cutting the bickering and instead focus on positives. I'd like to post this link.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-27/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-criteria-eligibility/12097990

One thing I would like to see though is more detailed information on just where the cases in Victoria are. It wouldn't mean that I would relax my present "isolation" efforts whatsoever, but it would make me feel a lot more confident about what to do and not do if I had the details for my municipality.

That’s not a fair characterisation of this thread. One person is relentlessly posting misinformation or nonsense theories that aren’t based in reality or underpinned by rigorous medical or statistical evidence. The other people are rightly taking the piss or offering up reasoned analysis. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It wouldn't mean that I would relax my present "isolation" efforts

I think this lockdown event is quite liberating tbh and great things are coming out of it for example, going for walks for exercise which results in meeting neighbours and chatting with them while they are gardening in their front yard, having more time with family and getting out in the garden and doing chores together that usually bank up as a rushed event for weekends.

Even though my hours have only been reduced by only a half, I am definitely noticing a positive.

Also my neighbour baked us some cookies and said he has been reading the Holy Bible for the first time in years and he said it is bringing him so much peace.

I think the best thing everyone can do is switch off the MSM and get outside as there is so much we don't do normally that we can do now.

Maybe a good opportunity for everyone to re-evaluation what is important.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Seems to be updated daily on the prior days figures.

https://infogram.com/1pwemj1x57yd1lhvnmmeg9rj1yt96l9kp57?live

11 hours ago, playmaker said:

I think this lockdown event is quite liberating tbh and great things are coming out of it for example, going for walks for exercise which results in meeting neighbours and chatting with them while they are gardening in their front yard, having more time with family and getting out in the garden and doing chores together that usually bank up as a rushed event for weekends.

Even though my hours have only been reduced by only a half, I am definitely noticing a positive.

"Recently, I came to the conclusion that I was the happiness in my life when I had less material posessions, less distraction, more time, surrounded by nature, ocean and unexplored landscape."  - HeartFC

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/209TimesCA/status/1244768513199206400

This could be some random nut job but there are rumours going around of Chinese people with small containers going to stores and public transport touching everything they can come in contact with. 

Disturbing video from the US. Obviously not from a security camera, but from a hand-held videocam of some description, but is it genuine or just staged? And we don't know what happened afterwards. If it's real, it's typical of modern society - like the road to Damascus, people look but pass by on the other side.

Conspiracy theorists suggest that China has brought America to its knees by simple biological warfare. In many ways we've brought all this on ourselves. “The West” has spent the last 25 years living beyond its means, giving away its manufacturing base to China, selling off the farm, and allowing massive immigration. If you give away the best cards you won’t win the game. We’ve sold our soul to the devil; now we pay the price. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Disturbing video from the US. Obviously not from a security camera, but from a hand-held videocam of some description, but is it genuine or just staged? And we don't know what happened afterwards. If it's real, it's typical of modern society - like the road to Damascus, people look but pass by on the other side.

Conspiracy theorists suggest that China has brought America to its knees by simple biological warfare. In many ways we've brought all this on ourselves. “The West” has spent the last 25 years living beyond its means, giving away its manufacturing base to China, selling off the farm, and allowing massive immigration. If you give away the best cards you won’t win the game. We’ve sold our soul to the devil; now we pay the price. 

I'm not sure. 

I feel maybe unrealistically that this is turning point in modern society. 

A kind of forced reset. The sudden deaths of 10s of thousands will be felt for generations but ultimately I think for whatever reason (and smarter people than me will give) we have to change fundamentally the way we live.

I'm truly optimistic that in 10 years we will be in a better place. 

And who knows we may even get to go to a granny.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

“The West” has spent the last 25 years living beyond its means, giving away its manufacturing base to China, selling off the farm, and allowing massive immigration. If you give away the best cards you won’t win the game. We’ve sold our soul to the devil; now we pay the price. 

Exactly this. We created a house of cards built on greed. Our enemies are using a calendar, while we use a watch (A rolex, borrowed at 3.5% interest). 

Lets hope this brings back the simple life. Solid family bonds, more outdoor activities, closer engaged communities, less focus on work, less social media, a respect for higher being (be it god or whatever) and most important, less reliance on government and major corporations. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Exactly this. We created a house of cards built on greed. Our enemies are using a calendar, while we use a watch (A rolex, borrowed at 3.5% interest). 

Lets hope this brings back the simple life. Solid family bonds, more outdoor activities, closer engaged communities, less focus on work, less social media, a respect for higher being (be it god or whatever) and most important, less reliance on government and major corporations. 

Only thing I'd disagree with is "less focus on work." Our enemies have a very strong work ethic. IMO we need more focus on work and less on self-indulgence. I find it interesting that cruise ships are a major source of transport of this virus, and others of course. Cruise ships? Once upon a time the great trading nations used the sea for work and not leisure. In my view if you work effectively and diligently the sweeter your leisure time will be. I knew a bloke once (Italian migrant) up in the Isa who by day was a pumpman in the mine - spent his shift covered in slurries and liquids of all descriptions. In the evening at home he'd don his dinner jacket and bow-tie for dinner with the wife and afterwards they'd listen to opera.

Edited by jw1739

I'll expand a little on the work part because it sounds like I'm encouraging laziness. I mean pointless overwork: Driving 2 hours a day to the city for our boring salary jobs that make us work 50+ hours and don't allow us to live our lives. We end up cramming our weekends and hoping for a holiday before we have a nervous breakdown... and for what? a 400k death pledge (AKA mortgage), a broken marriage and eventual life long regret for not spending more time with family, friends, or doing things we dreamt about.

Where you work and live also dictates things. For example I was working long hours (50-60) but it was on an island, not in a congested city. 10 minutes drive to everything, friendly people, hiking or diving on the weekends and to top it off a swim before or after work at this beach. I really don't understand people who live in big cities their whole lives, working stupid hours to buy crap they don't need.  

I'll calling for a return to the simple life. 

.h98hj09j9j.jpg.f3dfc38f50c8feb56ad83bf784beafa9.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

I'll expand a little on the work part because it sounds like I'm encouraging laziness. I mean pointless overwork: Driving 2 hours a day to the city for our boring salary jobs that make us work 50+ hours and don't allow us to live our lives. We end up cramming our weekends and hoping for a holiday before we have a nervous breakdown... and for what? a 400k death pledge (AKA mortgage), a broken marriage and eventual life long regret for not spending more time with family, friends, or doing things we dreamt about.

Where you work and live also dictates things. For example I was working long hours (50-60) but it was on an island, not in a congested city. 10 minutes drive to everything, friendly people, hiking or diving on the weekends and to top it off a swim before or after work at this beach. I really don't understand people who live in big cities their whole lives, working stupid hours to buy crap they don't need.  

I'll calling for a return to the simple life. 

.h98hj09j9j.jpg.f3dfc38f50c8feb56ad83bf784beafa9.jpg

Wholehearted agreement on the "pointless overwork." "Effective work" ("effective use of time") is what we need. My commute in Melbourne was 40-45 minutes each way, Bayside to Camberwell and return before the Burke Road level crossing was removed. Absolute waste of time. The school delivery/pick-up snarl - another pointless waste of time - local people walk to the local school - and why do all the schools have to start and finish at the same time?. So many things that could make our lives so good. We've done the opposite - create a society that nearly everyone hates living in. And I'm no greenie.

35 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Wholehearted agreement on the "pointless overwork." "Effective work" ("effective use of time") is what we need. My commute in Melbourne was 40-45 minutes each way, Bayside to Camberwell and return before the Burke Road level crossing was removed. Absolute waste of time. The school delivery/pick-up snarl - another pointless waste of time - local people walk to the local school - and why do all the schools have to start and finish at the same time?. So many things that could make our lives so good. We've done the opposite - create a society that nearly everyone hates living in. And I'm no greenie.

Yep spot on! Sitting in traffic kills my soul, its one of the reasons I left Melbourne.

I remember most kids walked or rode their bikes to school 20/25 years ago. All these friggin 2 minute waiting zones plastered on fencing for kilometres around schools show me kids have got it too easy these days. The SUV rocks up with the iPad fired up and ready on the back seat. What happen to walking home from school with a group of mates, picking some random fruit tree and throwing the fruit at sheds and cable satellite dishes on the walk home?

On 01/04/2020 at 6:31 PM, playmaker said:

No you are right he is actually the leading authority and spokesperson for the Italian government

President of the Institute [Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS), Italian National Institute of Health], Silvio Brusaferro, during the press conference held today at the Civil Protection in Rome. 

Sorry I down graded his role as he is far more important than the Health minister.

So instead of looking at the report and seeing that they posted the official reports from both the author's YouTube channels you respond with this!

Ok I will make it easier for you, here are the two videos

at 1min 21s

at 23s

Same props in exactly the same places,  same patients, same nurse in green, same room, same doors.

Fake funeral notices? Fake funerals?

Since 18th March over 16,000 Australians have disregarded advice and since 25th March regulation and gone overseas by air. My question – how the fuck can they do this? Why aren’t they stopped as they try to board the aircraft? Many are now coming back and being placed in isolation at taxpayer expense.

Where is our border control? What the fuck is the Border Farce doing?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Since 18th March over 16,000 Australians have disregarded advice and since 25th March regulation and gone overseas by air. My question – how the fuck can they do this? Why aren’t they stopped as they try to board the aircraft? Many are now coming back and being placed in isolation at taxpayer expense.

If they left after official advice was given and they subsequently get sick, don't bring them home. Simples

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Border Farce are looking out for Moslems that arrive by boat. There's an interesting rumour, unsubstantiated, that explains Rubi Princess

https://medium.com/@Elle_Black/hillsong-gets-away-scott-free-49dbf11112d0

• Like 1

Interesting read

China’s Version of GPS Soon to be Fully Integrated With Its Military Weapons
https://www.theepochtimes.com/chinas-version-of-gps-soon-to-be-fully-integrated-with-its-military-weapons_3296991.html

The Chinese Communist Party controlled UN Wants a 10% Global Tax to Pay for New "Shared Responsibility" Program to Address Coronavirus Pandemic 

When you give certain types of people the power to take civil liberties, they will do so with relish. Australians need to appreciate how easily rights can be taken and why we need to fight for them. Civil liberties aren't "right wing," they're a prerequisite of a free society.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

27 March 2020

Manufactured Pandemic: Testing People for Any Strain of a Coronavirus, Not Specifically for COVID-19

By Julian Rose

The following is from a medical forum. The writer, who is a widely respected professional scientist in the US, prefers to stay anonymous, because presenting any narrative different than the official one can cause you a lot of stress in the toxic environment caused by the scam which surrounds COVID-19 these days. – Julian Rose
I work in the healthcare field. Here’s the problem, we are testing people for any strain of a Coronavirus. Not specifically for COVID-19. There are no reliable tests for a specific COVID-19 virus. There are no reliable agencies or media outlets for reporting numbers of actual COVID-19 virus cases. This needs to be addressed first and foremost. Every action and reaction to COVID-19 is based on totally flawed data and we simply can not make accurate assessments.
This is why you’re hearing that most people with COVID-19 are showing nothing more than cold/flu like symptoms. That’s because most Coronavirus strains are nothing more than cold/flu like symptoms. The few actual novel Coronavirus cases do have some worse respiratory responses, but still have a very promising recovery rate, especially for those without prior issues.
The ‘gold standard’ in testing for COVID-19 is laboratory isolated/purified coronavirus particles free from any contaminants and particles that look like viruses but are not, that have been proven to be the cause of the syndrome known as COVID-19 and obtained by using proper viral isolation methods and controls (not the PCR that is currently being used or Serology /antibody tests which do not detect virus as such). PCR basically takes a sample of your cells and amplifies any DNA to look for ‘viral sequences’, i.e. bits of non-human DNA that seem to match parts of a known viral genome.
The problem is the test is known not to work.
It uses ‘amplification’ which means taking a very very tiny amount of DNA and growing it exponentially until it can be analyzed. Obviously any minute contaminations in the sample will also be amplified leading to potentially gross errors of discovery.
Additionally, it’s only looking for partial viral sequences, not whole genomes, so identifying a single pathogen is next to impossible even if you ignore the other issues.
The Mickey Mouse test kits being sent out to hospitals, at best, tell analysts you have some viral DNA in your cells.

Which most of us do, most of the time. It may tell you the viral sequence is related to a specific type of virus – say the huge family of coronavirus. But that’s all. The idea these kits can isolate a specific virus like COVID-19 is nonsense.
And that’s not even getting into the other issue – viral load.
If you remember the PCR works by amplifying minute amounts of DNA. It therefore is useless at telling you how much virus you may have. And that’s the only question that really matters when it comes to diagnosing illness. Everyone will have a few virus kicking round in their system at any time, and most will not cause illness because their quantities are too small. For a virus to sicken you you need a lot of it, a massive amount of it. But PCR does not test viral load and therefore can’t determine if it is present in sufficient quantities to sicken you.
If you feel sick and get a PCR test any random virus DNA might be identified even if they aren’t at all involved in your sickness which leads to false diagnosis.
And coronavirus are incredibly common. A large percentage of the world human population will have covi DNA in them in small quantities even if they are perfectly well or sick with some other pathogen.
Do you see where this is going yet? If you want to create a totally false panic about a totally false pandemic – pick a coronavirus.
They are incredibly common and there’s tons of them. A very high percentage of people who have become sick by other means (flu, bacterial pneumonia, anything) will have a positive
PCR test for covi even if you’re doing them properly and ruling out contamination, simply because covis are so common.
There are hundreds of thousands of flu and pneumonia victims in hospitals throughout the world at any one time.
All you need to do is select the sickest of these in a single location – say Wuhan – administer PCR tests to them and claim anyone showing viral sequences similar to a coronavirus (which will inevitably be quite a few) is suffering from a ‘new’ disease.
Since you already selected the sickest flu cases a fairly high proportion of your sample will go on to die.
You can then say this ‘new’ virus has a CFR higher than the flu and use this to infuse more concern and do more tests which will of course produce more ‘cases’, which expands the testing, which produces yet more ‘cases’ and so on and so on.
Before long you have your ‘pandemic’, and all you have done is use a simple test kit trick to convert the worst flu and pneumonia cases into something new that doesn’t actually exist.
Now just run the same scam in other countries. Making sure to keep the fear message running high so that people will feel panicky and less able to think critically.
Your only problem is going to be that – due to the fact there is no actual new deadly pathogen but just regular sick people, you are mislabeling your case numbers, and especially your deaths, are going to be way too low for a real new deadly virus pandemic.
But you can stop people pointing this out in several ways.

1. You can claim this is just the beginning and more deaths are imminent. Use this as an excuse to quarantine everyone and then claim the quarantine prevented the expected millions of dead.
2. You can tell people that ‘minimizing’ the dangers is irresponsible and bully them into not talking about numbers.
3. You can talk crap about made up numbers hoping to blind people with pseudoscience.
4. You can start testing well people (who, of course, will also likely have shreds of coronavirus DNA in them) and thus inflate your ‘case figures’ with ‘asymptomatic carriers’ (you will of course have to spin that to sound deadly even though any virologist knows the more symptom-less cases you have the less deadly is your pathogen.

Take these 4 simple steps and you can have your own entirely manufactured pandemic up and running in weeks.
They can not “confirm” something for which there is no accurate test

I would have said that without some "new pathogen" it's very hard to explain the sudden massive death rate in various countries. However, it doesn't really matter to me whether it's "new" or "old" - a lot of people are dying, health services cannot cope, and economies everywhere are collapsing. Isn't that the real issue?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I would have said that without some "new pathogen" it's very hard to explain the sudden massive death rate in various countries. However, it doesn't really matter to me whether it's "new" or "old" - a lot of people are dying, health services cannot cope, and economies everywhere are collapsing. Isn't that the real issue?

Is say yes and no. Those things are incomparably important. However it's not as simplistic as that. There are question marks over a number of things about this corona virus. 

Edited by n i k o

47 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Is say yes and no. Those things are incomparably important. However it's not as simplistic as that. There are question marks over a number of things about this corona virus. 

I quite agree. But IMO none of those questions are justification for not taking action. When the loaded gun is aimed at your head is not the time for prevarication.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, n i k o said:

Something I'm not knowledgeable enough about is what kind of testing is being done for Covid19. How do they separate Covid19 symptoms and those of the any other flu/cold/pneumonia to determine what virus it is?   

My assumption is that it would be treated like any other triage diagnosis. First determine the symptoms like fever, sore throat, phlegm which would give the doctors a range of diseases to test for. They then would narrow through more specific testing. That is what happened to my godson last year: the symptoms for meningitis/meningococcal/influenza resemble are almost the same so he was put in isolation and tested for meninococcal followed by meningitis. When they came back negative they removed him from isolation and tested for influenza. My guess is that a combination of fever and coughing would be enough for the medical staff to order COVID-19 testing first and then everything else.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Put your mind at ease JW. 

There is something much bigger happening atm which the MSM don't want you to know because it involves all of them.

Hence the fear campaign.

Evil on a mass scale has been averted. 

All will be revealed and more.

A lot of people will not be able to cope with the truth.

Lockdown is necessary, the battle is right beneath our feet.

God bless the victims.

We need to sit, be patient, pray and stay out of the way.

On 04/04/2020 at 2:52 PM, n i k o said:

Something I'm not knowledgeable enough about is what kind of testing is being done for Covid19. How do they separate Covid19 symptoms and those of the any other flu/cold/pneumonia to determine what virus it is?   

They take a swab from the sinus and look for the pathogen in a lab, the symptoms seem very similar though.

The thing I don't understand is that we keep saying Australia is doing the most testing, when the criteria for testing is people who have been overseas or ones who have had contact with them, or critical emergency services.

There are still a heap of people working and none are being tested. I think that is one reason America has such high numbers, they are testing everyone.

46 minutes ago, moops said:

They take a swab from the sinus and look for the pathogen in a lab, the symptoms seem very similar though.

The thing I don't understand is that we keep saying Australia is doing the most testing, when the criteria for testing is people who have been overseas or ones who have had contact with them, or critical emergency services.

There are still a heap of people working and none are being tested. I think that is one reason America has such high numbers, they are testing everyone.

Exactly right. So IMO the testing may well be (is probably) skewed towards producing a result that over-estimates the actual % of people in the population who have become infected. I am in no way questioning that this virus kills people, but it could be that we are locked-down unnecessarily. Perhaps it's the people who have been overseas who should be locked down for a substantial period of time...

Also check out the number of recoveries (Victoria) here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-08/coronavirus-update-victoria-records-12th-covid19-death/12130724. Of the 1,212 cases in Victoria 736 have recovered.

Edited by jw1739

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Exactly right. So IMO the testing may well be (is probably) skewed towards producing a result that over-estimates the actual % of people in the population who have become infected. I am in no way questioning that this virus kills people, but it could be that we are locked-down unnecessarily. Perhaps it's the people who have been overseas who should be locked down for a substantial period of time...

Also check out the number of recoveries (Victoria) here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-08/coronavirus-update-victoria-records-12th-covid19-death/12130724. Of the 1,212 cases in Victoria 736 have recovered.

Whilst I agree that it’s probably not as grand a disaster as it’s being made out to be, it’s clear that this virus can kill a lot of people if left unchecked simply through the overwhelming of the hospital system. I’d rather wait inside for a few months and go crazy than lose my grandparents or even my parents if I can avoid it. Not to mention it seems to kill people a lot more indiscriminately than just the old and the sick as we first thought. A lot of young, healthy people are ending up in ICU.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moops said:

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Whilst I agree that it’s probably not as grand a disaster as it’s being made out to be, it’s clear that this virus can kill a lot of people if left unchecked simply through the overwhelming of the hospital system. I’d rather wait inside for a few months and go crazy than lose my grandparents or even my parents if I can avoid it. Not to mention it seems to kill people a lot more indiscriminately than just the old and the sick as we first thought. A lot of young, healthy people are ending up in ICU.

Well there are over 25M people in Australia (give or take with inbound/outbound tourism and the like) so if we were to test 25M we need to ask two questions: do we have 25M kits and over what period of time?

I have no symptoms, been doing all that is recommended and the last person that I have contacted with who travelled overseas did so at the end of January (Florida of all places). So should I go to the front of the queue, middle or at the rear?

Then comes the thornier question do you test once or do you test on a regular basis. Just because t=someone has been tested all that means is that the person did not have the virus when they took the swab. The person on their way home could come in contact with the virus and then get it.

As for which country is doing the most testing well its certainly not the USA as they started much later and without the resources. Which is why Trump has blockaded a Canada bound ship with medical resources. I suspect that per head of population Singapore, Japan and South Korea are in front.

For those who study history they would know that when the Europeans arrived in the America's and Australia they brought a raft of diseases that the indigenous population had no immunity to. And the first ones to die off were the elderly and the sick, then came the rest of the population. Similar story is unfolding now.

Also whilst I am at it, the idea of comparing COVID-19 with general influenza was premature. Influenza follows the season, specifically winter. COVID-19 does not care for the weather. it is hitting every region of the planet at the same time. So COVID-19 is immune to the environment.

Now a few weeks ago both the British and Dutch governments were contemplating isolating only those who were at greatest risk. There was a humanitarian outcry and so they backed down. I thought it was a good strategy. However unfolding events have shown that would not have worked and it would have cause even greater damage. 

In Australia it is not as big a humanitarian disaster as in Spain, Italy or China. But it still has the potential to be so. This is the concern. We don't know enough about the virus (short, medium or long term) to be able to make predictions. Japan has instigated Level 2.5 restrictions to the Tokyo area (plus six other prefectures) because they had an unexpected spike in people contracting the disease. When you look at their stats you got to wonder why but they are being very cautious. And given that the Japanese are accustomed to living with danger (earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons) and they are worried, then I am terrified.

I don't think any government will get things right - did they act too late or will they lift the restrictions too early. We can never know because there are no parallels to compare with. We just got to roll with it.

• Like 2