Melbourne Football

Matchday 23: v WSW - Saturday 14th March 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Like you I just don't buy this fitness excuse. It is such a tame excuse for poor second-half performances. The squad commenced track work on 8th July 2019, and if they aren't fit enough by now after all that time including 20+ matches then they bloody well ought to be. They are professional athletes for goodness' sake. Many professional footballers play two matches per week for a longer season than ours is, and they manage it.

I don't think our poor second half had anything to do with what loads had been built beginning in pre season and carried throughout the season so far.

I think the Perth game was hot, 3pm in the afternoon and alot of energy mainly mental was spent. Yes these blokes are pros and 6 days should be enough to recover but still not to 100%.

I think if we had got a point at Perth and 3 vs the wanderers it would be a completely different discussion and the perception of the the team entirely different when in fact it would be the same net result. 

We have overcome a tough month, and have a couple easier games coming up should get Luna and Griffiths back and are in a very strong position coming into the end of the season, where traditionally we choke and fail.

Obviously this is all under the assumption some game will be played. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

I don't think our poor second half had anything to do with what loads had been built beginning in pre season and carried throughout the season so far.

I think the Perth game was hot, 3pm in the afternoon and alot of energy mainly mental was spent. Yes these blokes are pros and 6 days should be enough to recover but still not to 100%.

I think if we had got a point at Perth and 3 vs the wanderers it would be a completely different discussion and the perception of the the team entirely different when in fact it would be the same net result. 

We have overcome a tough month, and have a couple easier games coming up should get Luna and Griffiths back and are in a very strong position coming into the end of the season, where traditionally we choke and fail.

Obviously this is all under the assumption some game will be played. 

And just to add, if all the games are played,  FFA will be condensing six matches into three or four weeks, so we will have to rotate and use the full squad. 

More details by the end of the day.