Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

BTW whilst we are at it you have gotta love the Pinkos getting behind Obama's Climate Change message...

Of course none of them keep up with US Politics so they dont realise that the reason Obama can come out and say these things is because his own PPL at the recent Congress Elections have turned him into a Toothless Tiger who never has worry anymore about backing up anything he says for the rest of term.

So are you saying the agreements with China won't ever eventuate? I am saying that there is a long way to go on this one... and I can also recall Clinton making a lot of nice sounding philosophical comments towards the end of his Presidency when a lot of his power had be eroded by the Lewinsky Affair.

Also in a 100 or 200 years when having a Black/Woman/Whatever President is common place a lot of Historians are going to be puzzled by the constant positive contemporary reporting about the Obama Presidency.

Lets face it at the end of day besides breaking through an obvious cultural barrier in being elected in the first place his Presidency really has been one that has achieved very little... in fact this has been its most enduring theme: an inability to legislate and govern. Well political history and thoughts on Obamas politics aside, I think its a pretty amazing agreement should it go through....considering most people in Australia against reducing any emissions cite China as why we shouldnt act. My understanding of the agreement is that there is no requirement for China to do anything until 2030, by which time they could doubtless find away to wriggle out of.

Sounds like a pretty good reason to do nothing ourselves till 2030.

Its actually even worse than that... China have admitted when they do actually do something the plan is to replace the 20% of their use of Fossil Fuels (Which will be at God knows what rate by then) with Nuclear Power and possibly with the Damming of some of its rivers. :droy:

If only Abbott could get out the Dark Ages and follow these glorious Environmentalist's Actions like Christine Milne has suggested... :droy:

And as I mentioned the other day The Republican's have already declared they intend to block Obama's part of the deal as well. :droy:

STAY GREEN GANG. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

If I was in charge I would be all over nuclear energy, using it in Aus, promoting it worldwide, etc.

Meanwhile, I would cancel all our export contracts for uranium.

Then I'd wait a decade.

Then we can recommence uranium exports at $10k/kg, cut all taxes to 0%, and provide every citizen with a lambo.

That's just me though, can't expect even Rhodes Scholars like Tony Abbott to be as smart as me.

• Like 2

Tesla for PM... although that would be the quickest way to get invaded.

Just keep sucking the US dick and no one can touch us.

Probably should get cunts like Canada and South Africa involved and start a uranium cartel like OPEC is for oil. Uranium is valuable shit and we shouldn't be giving it away for poverty prices.

• Like 1

C. We pay a fuck load for energy.

This doesn't have to be the case. There should be completely dynamic pricing for electricity. Every house could have a small device that tells them the current price for electricity, or it can just be found through a phone app / website.

The reason for the high price of electricity is because new infrastructure has to be built to meet the peak demand, which is expensive. The peak demand is only hit for a short period of time over summer. So we are paying a lot more for electricity just so we can meet the higher demand that occurs for quite a short period of time. Should just keep the supply as it is and adjust the price so demand falls in line. When cunts are paying triple to run their air conditioner on a 40 degree day, they'll reconsider and demand will even out.

Overall, electricity prices will be cheaper, as for the rest of the year they'd be cheaper under this model.

The other option is to charge people that use more electricity substantially more money, which is another better way of pricing electricity, as it's the higher users that create the need for more electricity infrastructure.

Also worth mentioning, the only reason this is even an issue is because it's a heavily regulated industry with the government fucking up the market. If there was a freer market then it would all sort itself out and prices would be cheaper. But since it isn't, the government needs to look at a better pricing model that isn't retarded and doesn't cost exorbitant amounts.

• Like 1

Cheaper and better batteries will solve all your energy needs.  People with solar can store their energy, and it will also help supply the extra load during the 0.1% time of the year that everybody has their aircon on. 

Also as Im in the industry I should probably share a couple of things being done to reduce the amount of money being spent on gold plating the network due to government pressure/increased public scrutiny. 

-Money is being given to factories with high load to shut down on hot days, the factory gets more money than they would in a normal days production, and it saves us money from having to upgrade the network.

-Battery trials in peoples homes as per the above

-The newly rolled out smart meters have been designed so they can communicate with devices in your house, the idea is that you sign up to save maybe $20 off your bill a month or something, and you give the distributor permission to shut down your aircon when needed. No idea when this will be rolled out. 

-I believe from last summer we also have mobile generators attached on semi trailers which we can attach to the HV network during high demand times which I guess is a bandaid fix to having to permanently upgrade the zone sub station. 

Another thing increasing electricity bills is that people with solar are no longer giving money to the electricity provider, which leaves a smaller pool of people to fund upgrades/maintenance through their bills, and all the projects going on in bush fire areas to stop a repeat of Black Saturday. 

Edited by hedaik

Cheaper and better batteries will solve all your energy needs. 

People with solar can store their energy, and it will also help supply the extra load during the 0.1% time of the year that everybody has their aircon on.

Economics could solve it right now.

Have the TV ads that slag off politicians always been as bad as they have been this year? Victorian elections I see nothing about promoting why someone should vote for a candidate but only accusations of corruption and incompetence.

I think they've always been pretty negative, I have seen both parties with positive adverts but the negative ones are definitely getting more airplay this campaign. 

Personally I like watching them, no other form of advertising is really meant to be negative so I find the techniques they use to be pretty fascinating (similar to road safety adverts using shock tactics). The image of Napthines face merging with Abbotts is a bit spooky.  

Edited by hedaik

The Libs have lost this election...

The only way they can win is for some reason the Electorate votes LNP because they see the result as a forgone conclusion or if Napthine gets the whole of the country behind him like Bracks did when he surprised the Kennett Government... mind you the first of these is a 1/100 shot and the second a 1/75 shot.

Its going to be very humourous when the "Anti EW Link Brigade" find out about ALP's West East Link six months after the election. :up:

Edited by cadete

Yeah that's going to be the interesting thing, what are they going to do with the EWL once elected. I didn't believe it would be cancelled but they have seemingly made it clear that they will. I still can't see it happening though. I think tearing up the contract is a line that shouldn't be crossed, by either party, unless it's something completely retarded.

If they do build it, they still won't build stage 2, and that's yet another case of Labor screwing over its voters.

The thing that makes me think the coalition still had a chance is that the majority of the public rightfully think tearing up the EWL contracts is retarded. But the Labor leafs the polls, which is funny because there really isn't much separating the parties apart from the EWL. Fucking democracy.

Edited by Tesla

You got love these Leftists making out Freya Newman to be sort of Working Class Hero for the oppressed for blatantly committing a crime.

I would love to see these PPL's reaction if they found out that I hacked into their International Relations Course Marks at whichever Orange Brick University that they attend, I am sure they would immediately claim it was part of some Vatican slash Zionist slash Murdoch Press Conspiracy.

• Like 2

You got love these Leftists making out Freya Newman to be sort of Working Class Hero for the oppressed for blatantly committing a crime.

I would love to see these PPL's reaction if they found out that I hacked into their International Relations Course Marks at whichever Orange Brick University that they attend, I am sure they would immediately claim it was part of some Vatican slash Zionist slash Murdoch Press Conspiracy.

Its always justice until it happens to them.

So, Victoria actually went backwards in GSP per capita, while not technically a recession that's as good as IMO. The EWL needs to go ahead, and not 6 months down the track when Labor find a way to spin it as their project.

From my works perspective the last 2 years have been a recession.  Been tough, lots of redundancies, winning every job tough etc etc.  Not whinging just saying how it is.

Just signs now that things are picking up, so a change of government, followed by a period of cancelled projects and indecision, is the last thing I'm looking for.

ALP been ahead in the polls for >2 years though, so I see them winning fairly easily.

Honestly, where I live we're probably better off with Labor winning. EWL stage 1 will probably still be built which is important as that's the route to the East from here, stage 2 I guess won't but that doesn't really make much difference to me TBH, I would barely ever use it if it was free let alone with a toll, it just wouldn't be the best route to many/any places, it's really only cunts in Footscray, Sunshine, etc. that will benefit directly (as well as the whole state economy as it will be more efficient for trucks going to and from the port). Only benefit I see is that it might take some traffic off the ring road / westgate. After decades of Labor fucking over what's close to their safest seat and not sorting out the Main RD level crossing (despite it without a doubt being the worst in the state, waiting like 8 mins for a green light is not uncommon), the Liberals were the ones to finally pull the trigger and begin removing it, but Labor will now also continue with it while also getting rid of the Furlong Rd crossing (probably even more important than Main RD since it serves a hospital) and they'll also sort out Melton Hwy level crossing which isn't too far away and I'm often driving through there as well. As well as boosting the local economy by upgrading the hospital.

It will basically be good fucking times in St Albans under Labor for once, but without a doubt the Liberals are the better choice for Victoria overall at this election. So it's not the end of the world if Labor win, as long as they don't pull some retarded shit and do actually cancel the EWL stage 1, also I hope they dont end up building their retarded 'westgate distributor' so that EWL stage 2 can eventually be built.

Will probs vote Labour just because I don't think EW link is necessary and have a soft spot for the ground that it was/is going to be built on. That being said though I have no faith in Daniel Andrews. Seems like a spud politician.

TBF even I have to admit that this State Liberal Government have hardly served up Personality Plus Premiers themselves with first Mr Entitlement and now the Horse Doctor.

It does look likely that all this Government will be remembered for if anything at all it will be the saving of cash for the Andrew's Government... 

I think you are overlooking the fact that "big" Ted Baillieu will be forever immortalised in the short list of "Victoria's worst ever Premiers" along with such luminaries as Joan Kirner.  

It does look likely that all this Government will be remembered for if anything at all it will be the saving of cash for the Andrew's Government... 

I think you are overlooking the fact that "big" Ted Baillieu will be forever immortalised in the short list of "Victoria's worst ever Premiers" along with such luminaries as Joan Kirner.  

I was actually told by a pretty reliable source that on days that Parliament did not sit Baillieu used to go back to the Manor at 3pm...

Kirner was still worse mind you those were terrible, terrible times.

Let's just get it over and done with. Whatever the result, my heart will fill with joy watching the tears of the inner city attention seeking communists when the tunnel boring starts :up:

Also will be entertaining to see how Andrews will justify the back flip. This is far worse than Abbott's supposed lies as I don't think he was lying at the time. There is surely no chance Andrews thinks he is scrapping the EWL, blatant lying.

Also I noticed the Liberal Democrats are before the Liberals on the upper house vote, I wonder if that will result in the LDP getting some bonus votes like it did in NSW for the federal election. FWIW, they have shown themselves to be the most stable minor party with their senator still representing the party and their beliefs successfully and not selling out like his colleague from the Motoring party or being retarded like the PUP.

Also I noticed the Liberal Democrats are before the Liberals on the upper house vote, I wonder if that will result in the LDP getting some bonus votes like it did in NSW for the federal election. FWIW, they have shown themselves to be the most stable minor party with their senator still representing the party and their beliefs successfully and not selling out like his colleague from the Motoring party or being retarded like the PUP.

BTW you do realise with that with being a Pinko going mainstream, Libertarian is the new Hipster Political Standpoint?

• Like 1

Watching 7.30 on ABC, just saw Dennis Napthine ordering coffee from this young girl and he goes "one flat white please, no sugar please. I'm already sweet enough."

Deserves to lose the election just for that, fuck

That makes me want to vote for him,

No thank you, Turkish.. 

• Like 2

BTW you do realise with that with being a Pinko going mainstream, Libertarian is the new Hipster Political Standpoint?

Dont really see how it would be appealing to pinkos as Libertarians are too extreme even for my liking when it comes to the pursuit of laissez faire economics, and that's saying a lot.

FWIW, I think a few of these small parties will get a seat in the upper house.

Dont really see how it would be appealing to pinkos as Libertarians are too extreme even for my liking when it comes to the pursuit of laissez faire economics, and that's saying a lot.

Because for them it's got nothing to do with actual policies and theory, instead like with anything hipster, it's more so the appeal of being different and being a psuedo-intellectual.

Much like with how the majority of Abbott hate is coming from 16-24 year olds who think they're political activists by wearing a T-shirt.

• Like 1

Because for them it's got nothing to do with actual policies and theory, instead like with anything hipster, it's more so the appeal of being different and being a psuedo-intellectual.

Much like with how the majority of Abbott hate is coming from 16-24 year olds who think they're political activists by wearing a T-shirt.

You mean the one's which claim they want to sleep with Mr Abbott?

Edited by cadete