Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

Someone PMed me regarding my previous post, wanting to vote wikileaks in the senate but wanting to know if it will help either of the major parties.

Posting for anyone else's information, based on my analysis, the only party a vote for wikileaks above the line is likely to help is the Sex Party, and a vote for wikileaks could very well get the Sex Party candidate Fiona Patten elected. That is only if wikileaks don't win the last seat, of course. Failing that the seat will almost certainly go to the greens so the rest doesn't matter.

Only way a vote for wikileaks will help a major party is if Labor have a very strong revival before the election and are a chance of a 3rd senate seat (highly unlikely).

Only other possible permutation that is even worth considering is a revival of the democrats occurring and a wikileaks vote helping them get elected, but again that's highly unlikely.

Cadete, can you convince me why I should feel comfortable with an Abbott led government?PS 'because he's better than Rudd' isn't very consoling.

Because Abbott knows how a Stable Federal Government should work.

Abbott was a Key Minister and Key Part of one of easily one of Australia’s most Successful/Stable Governments of all time.

It was also the last Proper Stable Government that this Country ever had.

Because Abbott’s own party actually has faith in him.

Abbott has been the leader of his party since before the last election and has had the complete support of his party room.

Because Abbott is a honest man.

Others have always been more media slick but in Abbott’s interviews his Minor Mistakes and Bloopers you can tell in comparison to a lot of other politician’s his an Honest Man and he has to think before he speaks rather than spilling out rehearsed spin (Rudd on his Refugee Flip – Gillard on her Carbon Flip).

Because Abbott is a smart man despite the media’s portrayal of him.

Abbott is a highly intelligent man who was a Rhodes Scholar (A proper NSW one not a WA one) he in fact achieved much more academically than Kevin Rudd (The Media’s intellectual) ever did. Therefore there is no reason to doubt Abbott’s intelligence just because his speaks plainly when he addresses the Public/Political Issues or because belongs to religion scorned by many “So Called intellectuals”.

• Like 4

Cadete, can you convince me why I should feel comfortable with an Abbott led government?PS 'because he's better than Rudd' isn't very consoling.

why not vote Palmer United? srs. He is a third option. the two party preferred vote is shit this election, both are cunts.

It only took Palmer a few years to tire of his soccer team, I am sure this political party will be the same.

• Like 1

why not vote Palmer United? srs. He is a third option. the two party preferred vote is shit this election, both are cunts.

It only took Palmer a few years to tire of his soccer team, I am sure this political party will be the same.

not if enough interest is shown. 

Abbott was a Key Minister and Key Part of one of easily one of Australia’s most Successful/Stable Governments of all time.

Abbott has been the leader of his party since before the last election and has had the complete support of his party room.

Others have always been more media slick but in Abbott’s interviews his Minor Mistakes and Bloopers you can tell in comparison to a lot of other politician’s his an Honest Man and he has to think before he speaks rather than spilling out rehearsed spin (Rudd on his Refugee Flip – Gillard on her Carbon Flip).

Abbott is a highly intelligent man who was a Rhodes Scholar (A proper NSW one not a WA one) he in fact achieved much more academically than Kevin Rudd (The Media’s intellectual) ever did. Therefore there is no reason to doubt Abbott’s intelligence just because his speaks plainly when he addresses the Public/Political Issues or because belongs to religion scorned by many “So Called intellectuals”.

and lets not forget that Abbott likes full body contact...

• Like 1

why not vote Palmer United? srs. He is a third option. the two party preferred vote is shit this election, both are cunts. It only took Palmer a few years to tire of his soccer team, I am sure this political party will be the same.

inb4 he sues the AEC for not winning.

on a more serious note. It is not really a good idea to vote some one in on an idealistic policies, when in reality the implementation of such policies would be unrealistic.

similar to many green voters, who vote green to make themselves believe they are helping the environment. When really they couldnt actually care otherwise they would actively do something.

like people sooking about goverment not doing enough about climate change, yet still buy stuff manufactured in China and purchase the cheapest coal powered energy.

• Like 1

Cadete, can you convince me why I should feel comfortable with an Abbott led government?

PS 'because he's better than Rudd' isn't very consoling.

why not vote Palmer United? srs.

He is a third option. the two party preferred vote is shit this election, both are cunts. They've have some decent policies, but then they go and fuck it all up with some of their other policies, almost a right wing version if the greens.

Why can't we have a legitimate 3rd party like they do in the UK.

Edited by Tesla

'The Project' got rolled pretty hard yesterday.

They tried to bag Abbott about his 'baddies vs baddies" comment regarding syria. They interviewed some American via video link and mentioned Abbott 'gaff' thinking he'd call him an idiot but he actually agreed and said it was a pretty accurate comparison. Suck shit Pickering you faggot.

• Like 4

why not vote Palmer United? srs.He is a third option. the two party preferred vote is shit this election, both are cunts.They've have some decent policies, but then they go and fuck it all up with some of their other policies, almost a right wing version if the greens.Why can't we have a legitimate 3rd party like they do in the UK. I have voted for a Minor Party in the past and I def think they add to the political process...

However I have to admit that I love the two party system, personally I think it allows us to achieve the most realistic democracy possible.

This is achieved by how the need to be elected and form government forces each party to meet each other halfway on almost all issues. This has seen both our country’s Labor party become more economically responsible and conversely our Conservative Parties more socially aware.

I should also add I like the stability that the Two Party system brings to Government with it usually preventing Minority Governments.

I thought he was supposed to be a comedian? Don't think he's made me laugh once

Went to his and Waleed Aly's show during the Comedy Festival this year, it was absolutely putrid and I almost fell asleep.

...then went to Wil Anderson straight afterwards and it saved the night  :up:

Good answer to 'comfort in an Abbott led government' tbh. I won't agree with the majority of his policies/ideology/goals but at the very least it appears that he will be a stable leader capable of bringin back medium term certainty and continuity in regards to policy for as long as he is elected... so long as Turnbull is kept quiet...

I still hold that the forthcoming period will be an attempt to replicate the relative fiscal conservatism of the Howard era and that this will be a vastly innapropriate time for it, as a result the structural / environemtnal  issues in the Australian economy will continue to corrode our overall growth as fiscal conservatism is not going to properly address them, but we shall see.

I look forward to being an angry person in opposition tbh.

• Like 1

Posting for anyone else's information, based on my analysis, the only party a vote for wikileaks above the line is likely to help is the Sex Party, and a vote for wikileaks could very well get the Sex Party candidate Fiona Patten elected. That is only if wikileaks don't win the last seat, of course. Failing that the seat will almost certainly go to the greens so the rest doesn't matter.

Just FYI.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/sep/03/senate-race-preference-allocation-every-party

• Like 1

Good answer to 'comfort in an Abbott led government' tbh. I won't agree with the majority of his policies/ideology/goals but at the very least it appears that he will be a stable leader capable of bringin back medium term certainty and continuity in regards to policy for as long as he is elected... so long as Turnbull is kept quiet...

I still hold that the forthcoming period will be an attempt to replicate the relative fiscal conservatism of the Howard era and that this will be a vastly innapropriate time for it, as a result the structural / environemtnal  issues in the Australian economy will continue to corrode our overall growth as fiscal conservatism is not going to properly address them, but we shall see.

Lol fiscal conservatism.

anyway, it will be interesting to see if Abbott holds it together. He will have an easier time if he has a big win and establishes some authority, but he did only win the leadership by one vote and cosies up to the nats more than the drys in the lib party would like.

Here is a thought. Barnaby Joyce, acting prime minister..Fucking lol

Edited by Dylan

Lol fiscal conservatism.

anyway, it will be interesting to see if Abbott holds it together. He will have an easier time if he has a big win and establishes some authority, but he did only win the leadership by one vote and cosies up to the nats more than the drys in the lib party would like.

Here is a thought. Barnaby Joyce, acting prime minister..Fucking lol

I love how everybody keeps applying the Jules vs Ruddy Infighting Scenario to a possible future Coalition government...

I am sure there will be some infighting if such a government is formed but I think we have to remember Kevin Rudd's Utter Arrogance and Self Belief in himself that has caused such open fights is a unique proposition that hopefully Australian Politics never sees again.

I think hopefully after this election that both parties will return to more tactful Hawke/Keating and Howard/Peacock models of Political Infighting.

Just FYI.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/sep/03/senate-race-preference-allocation-every-party

Not sure if you meant to show me this because it contradicts what I said or you're just posting the graphic regardless, because if it's the former, don't see a contradiction to what I said (unless I've very much misunderstood how the system works), whereas if it's the latter, thanks this is actually very good and much better than reading the group voting tickets to see preferences order (srs) :up:

Edited by Tesla

Just FYI.

Not sure if you meant to show me this because it contradicts what I said or you're just posting the graphic regardless, because if it's the former, don't see a contradiction to what I said (unless I've very much misunderstood how the system works), whereas if it's the latter, thanks this is actually very good and much better than reading the group voting tickets to see preferences order (srs) :up:

The latter. :up:
  • Like 1

Inneresting...heard this from another source last week...

http://www.ellistabletalk.com/2013/08/27/a-minor-matter/

A political party on the brink of embarrassment clutching at straws. I'm sure if there was some real substance to it The Age would have run a story by now.

It should be noted that K. Rudd is the real cheat.

I don't think The Age would have run with it, generally the private lives of politicians are kept off the record unless they are sleeping around with taxpayers money or something. 

Dunno about the couch sleeping, but Ive heard about the affair a couple of years ago from two reliable sources (one a political journo for Fairfax and the other is friends with Turnbull)

Seriously why post this utter crap on here???

As Malloy said there is a major reason why this crap is not even being published in The Major Left Wing Media at election time.

You do realise that Ellis is the same guy who wrote a book of complete lies defaming both Costello and Abbott’s innocent wives in the past?

The one which they took him to court for defamation and destroyed the kent in an open and shut case. :droy:

In fact u can see with this link you have provided right now that he is still defaming them but nobody cares anymore because Ellis has nothing left except for a drinking problem – Certainly no Money or any Credibility. :droy:

This rumour about Abbott and his advisor is a load of crap peddled by ALP nobodies.

You do realise it is possible for a Man to work closely beside a Woman, and for that matter this particular woman’s husband as well.

I could go on – But after reading this contribution instead I will just enjoy Saturday even more. :up:

Edited by cadete

This rumour about Abbott and his advisor is a load of crap peddled by ALP nobodies.

Well my two family contacts are both heavily involved with the Libs (the journo used to work directly under Costello) so it's coming out from them as well. 

As much as Abbott is a swine, it's probably not really a reason to vote or not vote for him anyway. 

Edited by hedaik1

Hey, I never suggested I supported Ellis' comments, but that I found them quite interesting.

What is even more interesting is seeing you lads jump to the defence of a bloke who is barely fit to hold the office of PM.

I won't argue that internally the ALP has been a shambles, because it has, but the ridiculous fear campaign run by the LNP is just as bad. More so considering the recent commentary noting that things haven't actually been all that bad for the average Australian under (a rather dysfunctional) ALP government.

But hey, what ever happens on Saturday it surely will be an interesting next few years.

• Like 3

Seriously why post this utter crap on here???

As Malloy said there is a major reason why this crap is not even being published in The Major Left Wing Media at election time.

You do realise that Ellis is the same guy who wrote a book of complete lies defaming both Costello and Abbott’s innocent wives in the past?

The one which they took him to court for defamation and destroyed the kent in an open and shut case. :droy:

In fact u can see with this link you have provided right now that he is still defaming them but nobody cares anymore because Ellis has nothing left except for a drinking problem – Certainly no Money or any Credibility. :droy:

You do realise it is possible for a Man to work closely beside a Woman, and for that matter this particular woman’s husband as well.

I could go on – But after reading this contribution instead I will just enjoy Saturday even more. :up:

Lol.

I'm backing Ando here because i've heard this rumour from too many sources for there not to be any legitimacy around it - incl very strong LNP and Sydney sources. guessing it wont happen when he's in office though.

:droy::droy: :droy:

Looks like The Project knocked up that piece of crap.

Seriously Rove has a lot to answer for how he setup this whole production line of Pro ALP not funny comedians/ unqualified political commentators at channel 10.

Still of a higher quality than the Anti Labor/Greens, liberal crap that's been in my mailbox all week. :up: