Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Typical coming from a Spag! Mark my words he won't last till round 10... JV'Ship isn't hanging around for nothing. Comn guys lets be realistic, that was a bullshit performance from us. We haven't changed a single thing, you can't rely on the other teams mistakes to score goals.

Wow.

Typical coming from a Spag! Mark my words he won't last till round 10... JV'Ship isn't hanging around for nothing. Comn guys lets be realistic, that was a bullshit performance from us. We haven't changed a single thing, you can't rely on the other teams mistakes to score goals.

How was the trip to Adelaide yesterday?

• Like 2

Counter attacking football at home? Fuk! This thread and Aloisi! His last season at Heart! Fkn bullshit Italian football!

Well seeing as we have only beaten central once (1-0) and they have beaten us 7 times, the fact that we were 2 nil up and their goals came from penalties certainly speaks volumes about our quality on the pitch and our tactics. We have once again not conceded a goal through direct play. Shouldn't there be some sort of credit to the tactics aloisi implemented???

• Like 2

Stop the bullshit, we sat back at home again and relied on the counter. The first goal we scored was a clear mistake! Trip to Adelaide? I've had my seats two rows from the bench since day one! Any team can sit back and the other struggle to score... Just look at last year, not much has changed and as a member who gives a Fuk it's fkn frustrating that they gave a new club a young coach, stupid move!

• Like 1

Wow.

holy shit whats up with this guy?

Stop the bullshit, we sat back at home again and relied on the counter. The first goal we scored was a clear mistake! Trip to Adelaide? I've had my seats two rows from the bench since day one! Any team can sit back and the other struggle to score... Just look at last year, not much has changed and as a member who gives a Fuk it's fkn frustrating that they gave a new club a young coach, stupid move!

"Melbourne Heart v Wellington Phoenix - A depleted Wellington Phoenix side came from behind to claim a point in against a 10-man Melbourne Heart outfit at AAMI Park on Sunday."

.....I think we're in a much better state than this time last year

Aloisi is not "one of our own".

:droy: You mug. If JA isn't one of our own then I don't know who is.

Apologies.

Seems I should have delved deeper into Aloisi's association with Melbourne Heart Football Club:

Inaugural squad signing.  Like Thompson, Colosimo and Bolton.  And Hoffman.

Highest paid member of inaugural squad.  Striker.  Plays 20 injury-riddled games, scoring 8 goals at a rate of 4 goals per season.  Money well spent.

Coaches youth team to mediocrity.

Appointed senior coach and in first season leads them to a bottom of the table finish as the worst professional team in the country.

Yep, over-paid, under-performing, failure.  Heart through and through.  One of our own.

• Like 1

1350409310031.png Tactically are we really gonna try and outpass a team relatively unchanged from last season who won the grand final?

Especially considering that we had five new outfield players last night? With the addition of hoffman whose in an entirely new position.

The fact that we have the pace of golgol, ramsay, and williams upfront, such a hard working DM like murdocca, playing counter attacking football is perfectly suited to our players strnegths. The fact that we where missing the quality of kewells passing as well, clearly if anyone doesnt understand the game here its you. A 2-2 draw against mariners i would take any day. Runners up? And grand final winners? We held them. What a great result.upset,in yhe manner we conceded however

• Like 2

TBH the results haven't been too bad, and we were maybe somewhat unlucky yesterday.

But, we have a fantastic squad this season, and it's clear to me that JA isn't getting the best out of them. Still not doing the job IMO, even if we won yesterday.

1350409310031.png Tactically are we really gonna try and outpass a team relatively unchanged from last season who won the grand final?

Especially considering that we had five new outfield players last night? With the addition of hoffman whose in an entirely new position.

The fact that we have the pace of golgol, ramsay, and williams upfront, such a hard working DM like murdocca, playing counter attacking football is perfectly suited to our players strnegths. The fact that we where missing the quality of kewells passing as well, clearly if anyone doesnt understand the game here its you. A 2-2 draw against mariners i would take any day. Runners up? And grand final winners? We held them. What a great result.upset,in yhe manner we conceded however

Its a re-built Mariners team, its not the same one that won the Grand Final.

But, if we were to look at the full context of the last two games, given we don't have Kewell, Engelaar and Mifsud to control the midfield to pass along the ground to a small striker, then it made sense to play on the counter.

The thing is I think JA doesn't have a plan B for when those three are playing.  We don't know yet, but i suspect we will play in exactly the same way: sit back and defend, concede possession, cause a turnover, direct balls to the fast wingers and hope Mifsud keeps tapping in the crosses.

Look I think this club has been so starved of success that most fans would not give a toss how we win, as long as we win.  Its not how I want to see football being played, but its funny how when you win, the perception of how you played can be completely different from the reality, and no-one cares!

Edited by Kiro Kompiro

TBH the results haven't been too bad, and we were maybe somewhat unlucky yesterday.

But, we have a fantastic squad this season, and it's clear to me that JA isn't getting the best out of them. Still not doing the job IMO, even if we won yesterday.

Have to say that one aspect of our game that irritates me almost beyond endurance is our inability to do anything meaningful with dead-ball situations. Surely by now we should have sorted out how to take free-kicks and corners and who should take them in various circumstances? It's nothing other than poor coaching not to have sorted this out by now.

Apologies.

Seems I should have delved deeper into Aloisi's association with Melbourne Heart Football Club:

Inaugural squad signing. Like Thompson, Colosimo and Bolton. And Hoffman.

Highest paid member of inaugural squad. Striker. Plays 20 injury-riddled games, scoring 8 goals at a rate of 4 goals per season. Money well spent.

Appointed senior coach and in first season leads them to a bottom of the table finish as the worst professional team in the country.

Yep, over-paid, under-performing, failure. Heart through and through. One of our own. It's painfully obvious you've only followed this club for one season at the very most.

Aloisi only played one season with us mate. In that season he won our golden boot and scored in two of our greatest wins imo, the first derby and the late winner at Adelaide away. Was class that season and has always been a great servant of the club. Him and Aziz are the only two blokes who could be considered close to club legends.

• Like 1

Apologies.

Inaugural squad signing.  Like Thompson, Colosimo and Bolton.  And Hoffman.

Highest paid member of inaugural squad.  Striker.  Plays 20 injury-riddled games, scoring 8 goals at a rate of 4 goals per season.  Money well spent.

Yep, over-paid, under-performing, failure.  Heart through and through.  One of our own.

Go back to victory

Apologies.

Highest paid member of inaugural squad. Striker. Plays 20 injury-riddled games, scoring 8 goals at a rate of 4 goals per season. Money well spent.

Yep, over-paid, under-performing, failure. Heart through and through. One of our own. It's painfully obvious you've only followed this club for one season at the very most.

Aloisi only played one season with us mate. In that season he won our golden boot and scored in two of our greatest wins imo, the first derby and the late winner at Adelaide away. Was class that season and has always been a great servant of the club. Him and Aziz are the only two blokes who could be considered close to club legends.

Fuck off. I followed the club even before there was a fucking squad to speak of.  

Ok he played one season when I said he played two.  BIG FUCKING DEAL.  

One season and scores in two games and he's a club legend?

Whoop de fucking doo.

Edited by Kiro Kompiro

Apologies.

Fuck off. I followed the club even before there was a fucking squad to speak of.  

Ok he played one season when I said he played two.  BIG FUCKING DEAL.  

One season and scores in two games and he's a club legend?

Whoop de fucking doo.

I don't think anyone should be classified as a legend of the club, quite frankly we have none. I've mentioned it before that legend status should be reserved for those players who represent the heart for over 200-300 games or those who win us grand finals etc. etc. The more we give players the status of legend, the more that the legend status will lose meaning and credibility. 

We won't have a legend for a long time in my opinion. We'll have crowd favourites and cult heroes, sure, but we won't have legends for some time. 

• Like 2

IMO Deluka is right except that it's a bit tough to say 200-300 games when there are just 27 matches per regular season at the moment. A player is doing well to make 25 of those, meaning he'd need to stick around for 8 seasons to make 200, and that is almost a career for many players.

Perhaps "stalwart" status is appropriate for someone who stays with the club for five seasons or more (roughly 100-125 games), including a player who goes on to a coaching or management role with MHFC. Something like that. So Bolton and Aloisi would achieve that if and when they reach the five years.

IMO "legend" status has to be reserved for a player who does something special for the club on the field, and it isn't really dependent on longevity with the club. JA is a "Socceroo legend" because of "that penalty." A Heart legend would be a player who does something extra special for us on the way to winning silverware - 15+ goals in a season, hat-trick in a GF, save a penalty to win a GF - that sort of stuff.

Don't think it's possible to draw up hard and fast rules, but we'll know a legend when we actually have one!

Question - why are you such a cunt?

• Like 3

I'm not a cunt, I just voice my opinion and get smashed for it every time. One comment that isn't positive about Heart and I'm a fkn Victory supporter! That's bullshit, ppl on this forum have to stop just looking at the score board because in the long run it ain't going to help us.

from a simple logic test perspective, what does it say if (as you state) "you get smashed for it every time" when you make a post? 

surely that means you are completely at odds ends with everyone and thereby need to consider how / why you go about the posts the way you do?

Back on topic.

So sick of counter attacking football at home. Coach needs to be able to change formation, during a game.

This.

I don't like the style of play and I don't think that JA is getting the best out of the squad. 

Obviously, JA is focused on being very defensive and counter-attacking to get results, because the thinking is results will get people through the gates. I think we have been very solid defensively and that this will bring us more points (particularly away).

But an attractive style of play will get more people into the stadium. JVS tried to play possession based football although this meant that we would get lots of passing between the CBs which wasn't ideal either. I just wish the boys could string 10 passes together and go forward, rather than 3 passes to counter attack, lose the ball and its everyone behind the ball again...

With the group of players we have, esp the more creative types like Kewell, Murdocca, Dugandzic, and pace on the wings, I thought we could play a bit more attractive football.

• Like 1

Well I'm sorry if I was out of line with any comment I have made, and if I have offended any1.

don't worry

We are passionate here & sometimes we all get frustrated (a lot of times when you follow Heart)

This can be misconstrued as negativity or being cuntish :)

Pretty sure no one carries a grudge here.....

Unless you're related to Ben Williams, then you're both cunts.

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 2

If we can get the counter attacking gameplan to work and can actually be able to hold a lead for once, maybe he has a chance of doing a good job.

Hes looked at WSW last year and I think this is what he wants to emulate.

Overall, Saturday proved we have solid forward movement on the counter, but we need to get the final touch right. Hopefully Mifsud and Kewell can team up to be a very strong force in this comp.