Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

I can't see the Board sacking Aloisi so soon. And I can't see Aloisi falling on his sword as it would likely be the end of his coaching career.

The number one problem I see with Aloisi is that only two seasons ago he was a playing colleague with several of the current players he is managing. That is difficult baggage to carry in any job.

Palatsides' advantage would have been that he is significantly older than the players he would have been managing, and that he would have come without the above-mentioned baggage. And, of course, he has plenty of actual experience.

We appointed Ron Smith to help Aloisi and Foxe through this season. It would be interesting to know what he has contributed so far, if anything.

Alois's OS club career: an opportunistic striker who would have done his job after a one touch tap in scrambled goal, who played in teams with highly defensive set ups, constantly battling relegation ....

...i can appreciate JAs tactics , but they just ain't gonna work consistantly with the current team set up, and it is disheartening (pun intended) to watch.... Especially as we have the players to win games...i hope management are tracking this forum, the club cannot afford to lose even a small number of its current supporters or there really will be doom and gloom. Team changes and a good attacking performance is absolutely essential in the derby...

Aloisi blamed Garcia and Behich for struggling after socceroos duty

I think that's stretching it a bit mate, he blamed himself.

That being said, i saw far more spark from Aziz than i did from THompson, Fred, majority of the team. ALoisis right to blame himself, but he blamed himself incorrectly.

Lol what press conference where you watching mate? Aliosi for a first actually took blame on himself this time, saying that he shouldn't of even played the three people who came back from the socceroos. Credit to him he took off garcia at half time, but i don't understand why he would've of just pulled beich and marrone off as well? Lets not make shit up, and only be critical of shit he actually does mate

Lol what press conference where you watching mate? Aliosi for a first actually took blame on himself this time, saying that he shouldn't of even played the three people who came back from the socceroos. Credit to him he took off garcia at half time, but i don't understand why he would've of just pulled beich and marrone off as well? Lets not make shit up, and only be critical of shit he actually does mate

If the players weren't fit then they shouldn't have been selected to play. period. this one's on Aloisi and again he try's to shift the blame, especially with the derby coming up this week no players should have been risked if they weren't 100% fit

I'd be livid if Garcia has done himself some real damage and can't play in the derby thanks to Aloisis mismanagement

He will serve his 3 years. This club openly accepts mediocrity and failure. The club has no ambitions, no desire, and may as well roll over and die under the current hierarchy.

The way they have presented themselves this year is shithouse. These are the same guys who said they would offer JVS a contract extension during season two, no matter where we finished on the table, and they did. They harbor no ambition other the trivial 'we hope to make finals'.

Yes, he was blaming himself, but he is still just creating diversions in blaming his players and not his tactics. The defensive line including Marrone and Behich where the best on the pitch for us, so he should be blaming his tactics and they way he set-up the team, not the players.

He wouldn't play guys with question marks over there heads unless he was feeling pressured and low on confidence. He doesn't believe in youth and virtually said as much when he was first appointed, saying he wouldn't hand any NYL players senior contracts, and he didn't. (other than Goodwin, but that came from JD.)

Why did he drop the two fullbacks from last week? The two full-backs which helped us retain clean sheets the past two weeks. What the fuck is going on with this knocking the ball around among the back four and the keeper and sending forward a long ball? Colosimo had 76 completed passes FFS! (over 20% of our passes)

In saying that we will win this Saturday, and Aloisi will buy himself another half a season with the fans.

Edited by LR9

I don't think you can completely exonerate JD either. He went along with wasting a visa spot on Gray, something I still do not understand.

JD said that gray would be an important member of our squad. I was expecting him to at least be on the bench every week then and have started a few games by now, but obviously that's not the case. I doubt he'll make more than 3 appearances this season which is ridiculous considering he's a visa player. Questions really need to be asked, i'd rather have kept that visa spot vacant until january to bring in a player that's needed depending on how our season was going.

• Like 1

If we beat Victory on the weekend then great , I will love it and celebrate but dont for one second think we are better than them. They are a much better side and better run club than we are and in the longer run they will be much better than us becuase they know how to develop players and they play players from the youth accadamy, correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Behich in Victory's youth team? JVS was the perfict coach for us in the long run, I was shocked when I frst read that he wouldn't be offered a contract for this season. Under JVS we had Goodwin who was the future of the club and when JA comes in he leaves the club.

To me that shows we are struggling financially and we needed to go with a cheaper coach, the rent for Aami Park doesn't help when we are getting 4-5 for our home games as well.

Would be a shame if we lost our club at the end of the season and that could well happen.

Edited by mhfc01

JVS was the perfict coach for us in the long run, I was shocked when I frst read that he wouldn't be offered a contract for this season. Under JVS we had Goodwin who was the future of the club and when JA comes in he leaves the club.

That is not how it happened.

Goodwin left because Pappas stole him from us.

To compound the hurt of losing Goodwin, he is playing on the bench for the club who offered him more opportunities.

I just cannot fathom how he doesn't start for the Jets. Can anyone help me out here?

Garry Van Egmond said that the hype was getting to him after his early performances this season. In my opinion he deserves the hype and I hope Newcastle manage him well. Having said that I would have preferred we were managing the hype, but...

In saying that we will win this Saturday, and Aloisi will buy himself another half a season with the fans.

This,

I don't think you can completely exonerate JD either.

this,

Even if we smash the mongs Saturday I'll still be on the sack JA train.

and this.

• Like 1

And sick of people saying "Aloisi is doing well, we perform well in most games"

Who cares if we perform well?! When the players walk off the pitch at the end of the day, there is one stat, and one stat only that matters. The scoreboard. And to often we come out on the wrong side of this stat

Caught JA & Hayden Foxe today after the yoof derby shaking hands with Pedophile Muscunt, chatting away like best mates looking they didn't have a care in the world.

Could not believe the level of friendship being shown to that fuckwit after he had just helped us to get turned over twice this weekend in derbies.

Legit wanted to run over and knife the kent.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 2

Under JVS we have always played the ball on the deck, taken shots outside the 18yards and look for an early counter..we've played that system for 3years !! Lets face it, 4months experience as a coach is not going to cut it... hitting long balls, over committing passes to our main players, playing one side just looks fucking terrible- we should be looking at other 'experienced' avenues and possibly bid for an international coach?

To me, it seems JA is more worried about his personal image than the team. I have been told that JA just walks around the park at LaTrobe and the assistant is doing most the work....just sloppy and stupid ... as if he was handling the reserves team

We finally showed signs of the dominant Heart team that we were last few seasons in the Derby (22/12/12) although one game doesnt suffice.

What I said after the game is that I am more concerned about the loss of confidence to chase a game then the loss of one point.

JA has come out and said we left ourselves open to the counter attack chasing goals. I hope he means that in 'I don't mind it if we are attacking' way rather than 'next time we won't chase a game'.

Let's get a skitzo Serb or something to coach us. Someone who will just scream at the players for 90 mins :up:

Probably my one key reason for wanting to keep Aloisi is for the entertainment value. Swears at the players for a consistent 90 minutes every game, which is pretty hilarious.

To me, it seems JA is more worried about his personal image than the team.

Considering the reason he got the job was his image, I cant really expect anything more of him. You get what you pay for.

Both our coaches have been mediocre and chosen because of their Packaging rather than their substance.

The board need to use their "Beckham" money and spend it on a coach with a proven winning track record.

• Like 2