Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Well to quote Seinfeld "I'm speechless........I'm without speech!". This is a perplexing decision at best. The greatest indictment against Aloisi was that not one player as an individual improved during his tenure. The whole squad went backwards as a team, but pretty well every individual did too - an incredibly poor reflection on his ability to coach technical skills and match development. This is a core skill for any coach at any level, be it juniors or professionals. With his history as a player he should have been able to pass on knowledge gleaned over his career. He failed miserably. I hope Brisbane know what they're in for.

Have to disagree there in the sense that these are full grown men playing, so it's not about 'development' but about using their attributes for the good of the team. The development phase for them should have happened a decade back if not more. Aloisi simply couldn't man manage and his recruitment of players was poor on the whole.

I think Niko we are seeing players in the A league with technical deficiencies unfortunately who need some improving. I don't think the talent pool is deep enough to ensure everyone who arrives at the A league is a finished product. I agree it "should" have happened earlier, but it's not always the case. Williams first touch and Ramsays right foot spring immediately to mind as well as Murdoccas shooting. Throw into that decision making and game smarts - a great deal of raw talent arrives that needs work. Under JA everyone went backwards.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 3

Have to disagree there in the sense that these are full grown men playing, so it's not about 'development' but about using their attributes for the good of the team. The development phase for them should have happened a decade back if not more. Aloisi simply couldn't man manage and his recruitment of players was poor on the whole.

I would be surprised if this was ever the case. Players do improve technically and tactically. I dare say that the current version of Messi is a bit better than last seasons version. Otherwise the game would be static. Once they get old and their physical speed starts to wane that is when their tactical nous comes in. So I do believe that players will require technical coaching all the way through.

As for the A-League, well we won't see the fruits of youth development for a few more years yet. So until that stage all of our home grown players will have technical deficiencies. And finally I have watched games where Christiano Ronaldo was plagiarising Williams.

• Like 1

The worrying thing is, roar have some seriously talented youth that have had almost a whole season of game time due to all the injuries roar had. They played ok and got to the finals. I really hope aloisi doesn't destroy their development. It will be a detriment to the league

Edited by Tonyboozeadams

The worrying thing is, roar have some seriously talented youth that have had almost a whole season of game time due to all the injuries roar had. They played ok and got to the finals. I really hope aloisi doesn't destroy their development. It will be a detriment to the league

Fear not, you know he never plays youth players out of fear they may make mistakes. Probably the best thing for them is they won't get any game time under him.

I've always found it funny how sporting clubs are dictated to by supporters opinions rather than the actual credentials of a coach in Australia.

It's like any afl coach that gets sacked, it's rare as hens teeth to see them get another chance because the club is worried about the perception with supporters.

Aloisi is almost certain to be a better coach than he was last time with regard to greater experience.

Whether that is good enough remains to be seen.

• Like 1

I've always found it funny how sporting clubs are dictated to by supporters opinions rather than the actual credentials of a coach in Australia.

It's like any afl coach that gets sacked, it's rare as hens teeth to see them get another chance because the club is worried about the perception with supporters.

Aloisi is almost certain to be a better coach than he was last time with regard to greater experience.

Whether that is good enough remains to be seen.

From Desiree to Pontiac.

• Like 3

I really do not understand this decision, whichever way I try and cut it...

What on earth does this dude have on his CV that would make a successful multi premiership winning team even remotely consider him?

hmmm, let's see, I've managed to dig it up here...

1 - Scored Goal of The Year to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

2 - Less than 2 full seasons as head coach of Melbourne Heart with 'best in league' ~80% losing ratio.

3 - Scored Goal of The Decade to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

4 - Scored Goal of The Tournament to decide opening game of 2006 World Cup Final v Japan.

5 - Currently flogging over Tara Rushton whilst providing some apparently insightful bullshit on Fox Sports Channel.

6 - Scored Goal of The Century to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

7 - Apparently employed at Victory for a few weeks. Job description unknown.

8 - Currently watching a video of a train in Barcelona somewhere.

9 - Most Valuable Player in a World Cup qualification series due to Best Goal Ever in Football history.

10 - Have nice wardrobe.

Yeah, I can see why he got the job now.

Seriously some demented shit going on in Brisbane at the moment....

This is gold...

How did we let him go?!?! Sack the board! HAHAHAHA

What on earth does this dude have on his CV that would make a successful multi premiership winning team even remotely consider him?

1 - Scored Goal of The Year to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

2 - Less than 2 full seasons as head coach of Melbourne Heart with 'best in league' ~80% losing ratio.

3 - Scored Goal of The Decade to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

4 - Scored Goal of The Tournament to decide opening game of 2006 World Cup Final v Japan.

5 - Currently flogging over Tara Rushton whilst providing some apparently insightful bullshit on Fox Sports Channel.

6 - Scored Goal of The Century to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

9 - Most Valuable Player in a World Cup qualification series due to Best Goal Ever in Football history.

10 - Have nice wardrobe.

This is gold...

How did we let him go?!?! Sack the board! HAHAHAHA

How the fuck did we hire him? :droy:

I heard him say that he feels he's ready to be successful with an aleague team after completing his apprenticeship. In particular his reference to his time at Heart as an apprenticeship shows he knows he had no clue what he was doing. Hope he fails miserably.

Edited by n i k o

Aloisi said he would draw on methods he witnessed successfully employed by Spanish giants Barcelona during a week-long stint with the four-time European champions last year.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/aloisi-confident-restoring-roar-success#iV7xoK3Uv5iWlgBX.99

Massive amount of deja vu reading about John Aloisi preparing to coach Brisbane next season.

He's saying he'll be a much better coach because he visited FC Barcelona, exactly like Aloisi said he'd be a much better coach in the 2013/14 season because he visited Bayern Munich after the 2012/13 season finished.

And he's saying he'll be a much better coach because he learnt from his mistakes during his last coaching season, in exactly the same way Aloisi said he'd be much better in 2013/14 because he learnt from his many mistakes in 2012/13.

I've heard it all before, so I'm sure Aloisi will fail at Brisbane. I've got no sympathy for the club and it's owners for making such a massively stupid and uninformed decision. But I've got a fair bit of sympathy for Brisbane Roar supporters who have a lot of Aloisi football coming their way.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 6

3 - Scored Goal of The Decade to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

6 - Scored Goal of The Century to solely ensure Australia's qualification to the 2006 World Cup Finals.

10 - Have nice wardrobe.

11. Managed to achieve 104 pages on Heart forum
  • Like 1

Brisbane Roar are now enjoying Aloisi's outstanding recruiting and squad Management.

Serbian strike Kaluderovic who wanted to stay and scored 7 goals in 16 games has been released.

Clearly that sort of performance is not as good as a Mifsud or David Williams.

In addition, a slow, over the hill Steffanuto has been given a new contract.

This guy fucking irks me so much, as much as I'd like to forget about him, every time he opens his mouth he gives me the shits. Hope he ends up bottom of the ladder.

"...but since I left Melbourne Heart or was dismissed from there"...more like infamously sacked.

"vowing to stick with the possession-heavy style of football he believes is ingrained into the club's DNA"

"Aloisi said he was a "more rounded" coach after a fact-finding trip to Europe, a brief spell coaching juniors at Melbourne Victory and his time spent working for Fox Sports as a pundit"

One more....

"If I didn't feel that I was ready, I wouldn't have taken it."

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Brisbane Roar are now enjoying Aloisi's outstanding recruiting and squad Management.

Serbian strike Kaluderovic who wanted to stay and scored 7 goals in 16 games has been released.

Clearly that sort of performance is not as good as a Mifsud or David Williams.

In addition, a slow, over the hill Steffanuto has been given a new contract.

Kaluderovic, who can be fitted under the salary cap, works hard on the pitch and in my opinion would do a better job for us than our "marquee" lol striker Kennedy.

But obviously John  Aloisi has worked out that Kaluderovic is not good enough for the A League.  

How will JA have any chance of gaining respect from his players?

His record alone, which I am sure these BR players know at least someone that was at MH at the time he was 'coaching' us, would be enough to make them scratch their heads in amazement.

JA's less than 2 full seasons stint with us was some of the most defensive minded, boring and frustrating football imaginable. Now that he gets this job, and visited Barcelona for a few days, somehow he thinks he can stick to the BR's preferred possession based style? Good luck.

Edited by Heart_fan

Wait till Thursday lunchtime. If no announcements of any sort are made then forum may implode.

Or we might just find something else to do. Like actual work.

NAH.

You may be onto something Jovan.

Not sure I agree. Actually your both morons.

• Like 2