Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Inb4 Aloisi actually proves himself as a decent coach.

Mate you didn't need to rush posting that!

This is the funniest thing I've heard in some time.

Henrique better start working on his defensive headers!

Aloisi has plans to convert him into a centre half

Brb, registering on their forum to start a "Sack John Aloisi" thread so I can continue my run of successful early calls on when a manager is going to be shit.

I started the orginal sack JA thread, always knew from the start the bloke was a donkey.

Yeah I think I was just the first or one of the first to agree.

Personally I couldn't care a stuff about what Brisbane do with their administrative or coaching staff. Aloisi may have a poor record as a coach (win percentage 20.51%) but so what? van 't Schip is not much better (32.35%), and on that basis both clubs are headed for the bottom half of the table next season.

What matters to me is what the City are doing, or are going to do - if anything - to make us more competitive for next season and beyond.

Edited by jw1739

Personally I couldn't care a stuff about what Brisbane do with their administrative or coaching staff. Aloisi may have a poor record as a coach (win percentage 20.51%) but so what? van 't Schip is not much better (32.35%), and on that basis both clubs are headed for the bottom half of the table next season.

What matters to me is what the City are doing, or are going to do - if anything - to make us more competitive for next season and beyond.

Yes agree with all that.

Although this appointment does give me an inner glow, and also more likely than not 9 points next season.

Welcome back jw. Hope it was a good holiday.

One thing overlooked at times when people analyse Aloisi's tenure, is his almost complete inability to get draws. I know draws don't win titles, but if you can pick up between (say) 7 or 8 extra points, it can make a big difference to your team's standing come season's end.

Aloisi's loss ratio was a whopping 61.5%.

Anyway enough of that, I just know its the silly season, the club is not releasing any news and we are all concerned that we want make enough of the necessary changes, so a light hearted moment when we find out that a rival club has appointed a bloke who is probably "the worst coach in Australia"TM is definitely a bit of welcome comic relief.

(Ps looking forward to some tips on Portugese players we should sign)

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

People might be being a little hard on JA. After all, Luke Skywalker lost his first fight with Darth Vader and he went onto save the galaxy.

Like Luke Skywalker, he has a good media presence. Just the man for the job really as long as it isn't with us.

He was certainly a loyal member of the Visitors coaching team

Edited by belaguttman

Maybe JA can take across to Roar some of the spuds he signed for us or extended contracts for us.

By the way, rumour has it that Mifsud is ready and willing to play for Roar!

I hope the Linesman up North are prepared for a more extensive workout each Weekend if this is the case.

What the hell does Brisbane believe he has shown since getting sacked by us to indicate he is capable of being a good manager?

Since leaving all he has done is shitty tactical analysis on fox, watched Barcelona games and training sessions like some glorified supporter, and been at Victory in some obscure coaching role for about 3 months.

God I hope he fails as hard as we all expect him to. He could've at least attempted to improve himself as a manager.

What the hell does Brisbane believe he has shown since getting sacked by us to indicate he is capable of being a good manager?

Since leaving all he has done is shitty tactical analysis on fox, watched Barcelona games and training sessions like some glorified supporter, and been at Victory in some obscure coaching role for about 3 months.

God I hope he fails as hard as we all expect him to. He could've at least attempted to improve himself as a manager.

Nothing. Brisbane are in trouble financially and the way I see it he's the cheap option.

How do you know he hasn't? Are you friends with him?

Nothing. Brisbane are in trouble financially and the way I see it he's the cheap option.

My grandfather would say they are too poor to afford someone so cheap... 

• Like 1

Quite simple really. Only recently has Kewell expressed his interest to be a manager for an aleague club and eventually in the EPL. He has already stated that he will be doing his coaching badges. The only badges JA has achieved are the ones of Mifsud and Ramsey that you could buy from the merchandise store on game day.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 4

Can almost guarantee he'll lead Brisbane to winning the FFA Cup, the A League and the Asian Champions league before being hired as Socceroos boss and winning the World Cup. That would really be our luck tbh.

He did watch Barca train after all

Actually I think that was misreported.

He just caught a train in Barcelona. ☺

• Like 6