Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

So it didn't work out for Aloisi when he coached us.

We all know the buck falls with the coach, but I tell you quite a few of our players were not blameless, including some players that Aloisi probably regretted signing.

But this hatred of Aloisi is ridiculous.

For those who have been listening to him on Fox Sports, he shows he has a lot of football knowledge with his incisive comments - more knowledge I dare say than probably just about everyone here who are harshly criticising him.

There's still plenty of time for John  Aloisi, a legend of our game, to forge a decent coaching career imo.

We all know the buck falls with the coach, but I tell you quite a few of our players were not blameless, including some players that Aloisi probably regretted signing.

For those who have been listening to him on Fox Sports, he shows he has a lot of football knowledge with his incisive comments - more knowledge I dare say than probably just about everyone here who are harshly criticising him.

There's still plenty of time for John  Aloisi, a legend of our game, to forge a decent coaching career imo.

The same players that JVS coached to a 4-0 derby win.

I have a lot of respect for JA the player by JA was a shocking coach.

We all know the buck falls with the coach, but I tell you quite a few of our players were not blameless, including some players that Aloisi probably regretted signing.

There's still plenty of time for John Aloisi, a legend of our game, to forge a decent coaching career imo.

The same players that JVS coached to a 4-0 derby win.

I have a lot of respect for JA the player by JA was a shocking coach.This.

The fact Heart went 17 games winless under JA without him showing a remote ability to articulate how we would improve tells you all you need to kno about his record with the club and why JA gets what he gets from us.

Overall I can't really think of a single player JA improved while with us. There wouldn't be many you could honestly claim otherwise.

The fact that the tards have appointed him and signed him as a development coach is flabbergasting.

Good as a player (I feel largely under appreciated) but JA was fucking shit as a coach.

Edited by mattyh001

To see this cunt of a bloke beat his chest in front of the Yarraside and tell everyone he was all heart. JA go fuck yourself.. That's why you are a shit coach because you don't stand for anything and players can see through your bullshit ..

You have no coaching philosophy, you don't have any ability in developing young Australian players.. Once the MV see that you will again be out on your ass..

You have completely destroyed your own legacy..

• Like 2

Please someone give him a head coaching role ASAP. Just want him to be quiet and failing again may just do the trick.

I was thinking the same thing. Problem is which team would ever hire him again.

I guess now we know which team. Dumb fucks massive fucking LOL, this has truly made that derby loss seem less significant :up:

• Like 1

John is a highly respected member of the Australian football community whose experience and pedigree will add real value to our youth football program," Melbourne Victory coach Kevin Muscat said.

"His appointment is another step towards the development of our own football academy and we're delighted to welcome him as part of the Melbourne Victory family."

Go eat a bag of dicks

what a poofta

Yep. Absolute prick. Hated him as a manager but other than that thought his intentions were true and all. Now I just think he's a cunt. What a turncoat. Fuck off and die Aloisi. Ruin our list with shit signings then fuck off and now you're with the retards. I hope you fuck up their team as much as you fucked ours.

Wow the vitriol on here is amazing. Good luck to him not overly worried with him defecting to Geelong.

Same here. The vast majority of people on here hated him and thought he was a c*** already. If he had just popped up on the big screen randomly at the next home game (before this announcement was made), I'd say that he'd almost certainly be booed. During his time as coach, we were appalling; he wasn't ready for the job and made it pretty clear that he wasn't going to resign (management should have dismissed him weeks - if not months - before it did). But if we wanted him to be 'Heart for life', maybe we should have toned down the outright hatred for him over the past twelve months. I'm sure if I could be bothered going over the posts in here since he was sacked, it would confirm that we gave him no reason to feel loyalty to our club whatsoever after he was dismissed. So, he can do as he pleases.

Wow the vitriol on here is amazing. Good luck to him not overly worried with him defecting to Geelong.

Same here. The vast majority of people on here hated him and thought he was a c*** already. If he had just popped up on the big screen randomly at the next home game (before this announcement was made), I'd say that he'd almost certainly be booed. During his time as coach, we were appalling; he wasn't ready for the job and made it pretty clear that he wasn't going to resign (management should have dismissed him weeks - if not months - before it did). But if we wanted him to be 'Heart for life', maybe we should have toned down the outright hatred for him over the past twelve months. I'm sure if I could be bothered going over the posts in here since he was sacked, it would confirm that we gave him no reason to feel loyalty to our club whatsoever after he was dismissed. So, he can do as he pleases.

I'm sure there's many reasons he did take the job for eg. he doesn't have to uproot his family to move somewhere else to coach. But he deserves no such love or respect for how he destroyed what should have been our best years as a club since inception. What irks me most is he never once took accountability for what he put us through, not once! However for me as a supporter this was his chance, by not going to Victory, to show some respect to us supporters. He's made his decision, and I've made mine. He's a cunt.

• Like 5

I'm sure there's many reasons he did take the job for eg. he doesn't have to uproot his family to move somewhere else to coach. But he deserves no such love or respect for how he destroyed what should have been our best years as a club since inception. What irks me most is he never once took accountability for what he put us through, not once! However for me as a supporter this was his chance, by not going to Victory, to show some respect to us supporters. He's made his decision, and I've made mine. He's a cunt.

All good. I'm just saying, he wouldn't think back fondly on his time at Melbourne Heart and we (as supporters or the club internally) made no attempt to bury the hatchet, as far as I'm aware. So, as soon as he cleared out his office last year, he stopped being a Heart person, as far as I'm concerned.

People on here would still think he's a c*** if he turned down the Victory job, because it's highly likely that they would have never known about it, if he'd passed on the offer. I totally understand the hate for him, but I don't think this move will have changed many supporters' opinions of him  from what they were 24 hours ago.

TBH, the guy needs a job to support himself and his family. I don't blame him for taking what he's offered. People move between competitors in the business world just as they do in the football world. The "one-club" player/coach/administrator is a rarity.

I don't see that John Aloisi owes us anything. I'm sure he did his best, but for whatever reason he wasn't successful. And I don't think we should blame him for anything. Most of what we're going through now wasn't caused on his watch but is directly attributable to today's City management team.

Move on. 

• Like 2

TBH, the guy needs a job to support himself and his family. I don't blame him for taking what he's offered. People move between competitors in the business world just as they do in the football world. The "one-club" player/coach/administrator is a rarity.

I don't see that John Aloisi owes us anything. I'm sure he did his best, but for whatever reason he wasn't successful. And I don't think we should blame him for anything. Most of what we're going through now wasn't caused on his watch but is directly attributable to today's City management team.

Move on. 

Yeah, my feelings exactly.

• Like 1

Same here. The vast majority of people on here hated him and thought he was a c*** already. If he had just popped up on the big screen randomly at the next home game (before this announcement was made), I'd say that he'd almost certainly be booed. During his time as coach, we were appalling; he wasn't ready for the job and made it pretty clear that he wasn't going to resign (management should have dismissed him weeks - if not months - before it did). But if we wanted him to be 'Heart for life', maybe we should have toned down the outright hatred for him over the past twelve months. I'm sure if I could be bothered going over the posts in here since he was sacked, it would confirm that we gave him no reason to feel loyalty to our club whatsoever after he was dismissed. So, he can do as he pleases. I'm sure there's many reasons he did take the job for eg. he doesn't have to uproot his family to move somewhere else to coach. But he deserves no such love or respect for how he destroyed what should have been our best years as a club since inception. What irks me most is he never once took accountability for what he put us through, not once! However for me as a supporter this was his chance, by not going to Victory, to show some respect to us supporters. He's made his decision, and I've made mine. He's a cunt.

All good. I'm just saying, he wouldn't think back fondly on his time at Melbourne Heart and we (as supporters or the club internally) made no attempt to bury the hatchet, as far as I'm aware. So, as soon as he cleared out his office last year, he stopped being a Heart person, as far as I'm concerned.

People on here would still think he's a c*** if he turned down the Victory job, because it's highly likely that they would have never known about it, if he'd passed on the offer. I totally understand the hate for him, but I don't think this move will have changed many supporters' opinions of him from what they were 24 hours ago.

I never thought he was a cunt. I certainly thought the way he went about things was nothing short of disgraceful. But now that he is on the wrong side of the fence I will, if I put it nicely, have a big dislike for him,

Move on.

We all have different opinions, but I do believe that the one thing you should do when you fuck up majorly like he did is take some ownership, if anything for those that support you. And it's not about his effort or anything like that, because I know he gave it his best go. But I still feel he owes us acknowledgement that he was also responsible for our results. If he did that I would have a lot more respect for the guy. Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

However for me as a supporter this was his chance, by not going to Victory, to show some respect to us supporters.

Does this reflect the lack of a Melbourne Heart identity or culture being developed?

Seems Aloisi has no sentimentality or sense of attachment to the club (from a man who 'passionately' screamed "I am Melbourne Heart" after the home draw against Adelaide in season 4).

1387641600000.jpg

For mine, Aloisi was maybe the closest to a potential club legend (as much as you can have such a figure after 4 seasons) - being the inaugural golden boot, derby hero and eventual manager (albeit a tarnished reign).

You'd never see a Muscat or Archie type figure coming across from Victory because their club means something to them, whereas the Heart meant the most to supporters, perhaps not the players?

Edited by FIFA 2002