Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Edgar is Nike's Most Wanted
5 October 2014

Moreton Bay United FC youngster Adam Edgar last night earned a coveted spot in Nike's Most Wanted to take him one step closer to his dream of a playing professional football.

Edgar, 16, was selected from a pool of 60 young footballers at Nike’s Most Wanted trial in Sydney, a global football talent search that gives young players from around the world an opportunity to showcase their skills in front of elite coaches and provides a pathway to play at a professional level.

Edgar will travel to the UK with up to 60 players from 30 countries at the Nike Most Wanted Global Showcase on 28-30 November, where they will battle to earn a spot at The Nike Academy at St. George’s Park, the home of the England National Team.

Nike Most Wanted Pacific Head Scout and former Socceroo, John Aloisi, said Edgar stood out from this talented group through his ability to control the ball under pressure, his speed, his movement as a striker and his finishing ability.

“Adam’s game is where it needs to be to compete in the Global Showcase. He will be a fantastic representative for Australia. I look forward to seeing him take the next step under some of the world’s best youth coaches and learn what it takes to compete on the international stage,” he said.

Edgar is looking to give his all at the Most Wanted Global Showcase and get one step closer to his lifelong dream of a professional football career.

“Today, I just worked hard, making sure put the ball in the back of the net right from the start and just gave it my all," he said. "This opportunity Nike Most Wanted has given me means everything to me, it’s been a lifelong dream and I can’t wait to start at St Georges Park.”

Nike Most Wanted - previously known as Nike's The Chance - gives amateur, unsigned footballers from around the world an opportunity to earn a place in The Nike Academy at St. George’s Park, the home of the England National Team, and showcase their skills in front of elite coaches and mentors from the top of the sport.

Since 2010, Nike Most Wanted has provided elite training opportunities to thousands of talented footballers, and more than 20 alumni — including Tom Rogic (Celtic Football Club), Dylan Burns (Nottingham Forest), Bruno Covas (Santos F.C.), Dominik Boettcher (Hamburg), Abdul Waris (F.C. Spartak Moscow), and David “Titi” Accam (Helsingborgs IF) — have made their professional dream a reality.

At The Nike Academy, players experience world-class facilities, elite coaching, and input from nutritionists, psychologists and fitness trainers. This elite program is based in the U.K. at the FA Centre of Excellence at St. Georges Park.

The next Nike Most Wanted Trials will take place in Australia early next year. To sign-up for Nike Most Wanted, download the Nike Football App now at the iTunes Store or through Google Play.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/edgar-nikes-most-wanted

Oh God why!!!

Edited by AlexDaGroza

Felt like Bosnich was simultaneously reeling himself in, while subtly baiting JA in the wrap-up show, when Aloisi was speaking about the need for coaches to keep the post match press conferences positive and not throw the players under the bus.

I guess he doesn't realise that, for me at least, I could have taken a fair bit more ineptitude. It was the whole 'treating the supporters as complete idiots' routine that infuriated me much more.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He does have a good media presence :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

They'll get what they deserve, look how he 'starred' with our youth squad once Arthur Papas left.

It actually will be the best thing he has done for our team since he retired as a player. Thank you John :)

#AloisiIn

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Sorry for bumping this, but a strong rumour going around that he has joined Victory in a development coach position.

Apparently there is going to be a presser this arvo, but I'd doubt it would gather much media attention.

Fantastic news!

Only a matter of time now before they fold.

Presume the great man's first move will be to get some 5ft strikers he can groom into target men.

I presume City are paying him double what the tards are giving him.