Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Fair article. Agree that the lack of a regular training base is unprofessional and isn't good for the coaches and players.

I also agree that the A-League doesn't allow for coaches to be "given time to work things through, to turn things around or experiment." The season is simply not long enough.

Having said that, we are into JA's second season and things don't look like going anywhere. The club has a lot to answer for, and I hope JA won't simply be used as a scape goat without the other issues being addressed.

I think that JA has been given more than enough time to work things through.

As for experimenting, he's stated that he doesn't want to change the playing style.

I agree the club has a lot to answer for, but the piss poor performances of the club over the last season and a half have to show that the managers obviously not doing the right things.

He's had ample time to bring in his own players that suit the style he wants to play, and still can't get the results and you can't really blame the board for that tbh...

The board can answer for the extrinsic factors away from match day like why we don't have a permanent training facility, they shouldn't have to stand up for why Aloisi can't get what looks to be a respectable team on paper through to finals...

• Like 2

As for experimenting, he's stated that he doesn't want to change the playing style.

I agree the club has a lot to answer for, but the piss poor performances of the club over the last season and a half have to show that the managers obviously not doing the right things.

He's had ample time to bring in his own players that suit the style he wants to play, and still can't get the results and you can't really blame the board for that tbh...

The board can answer for the extrinsic factors away from match day like why we don't have a permanent training facility, they shouldn't have to stand up for why Aloisi can't get what looks to be a respectable team on paper through to finals...

Agree on most parts, though the board do have to be held accountable for firstly appointing JA and now failing to do something when it is obvious to all that JA is not the man who can take this club forward.

Agree on most parts, though the board do have to be held accountable for firstly appointing JA and now failing to do something when it is obvious to all that JA is not the man who can take this club forward.

Totally agree. Aloisi maybe should have put his hand up saying he wasn't ready for the role but I'm sure he was encouraged and thought hell why not. The fact is he hasn't a clue and needs experience. He's not good but it's not his fault.

This board has been a disaster from the very beginning.

So many mistakes we now find ourselves in critical mess. I'm not confident we can ever recover with the same people in charge. We need change.

Fair article. Agree that the lack of a regular training base is unprofessional and isn't good for the coaches and players.

I also agree that the A-League doesn't allow for coaches to be "given time to work things through, to turn things around or experiment." The season is simply not long enough.

Having said that, we are into JA's second season and things don't look like going anywhere. The club has a lot to answer for, and I hope JA won't simply be used as a scape goat without the other issues being addressed.

Yes, Peter. However, there's a whole management structure out there at MHFC to get these sorts of things organized. This isn't our first season, it's our fourth. So some of the private schools have good facilities - then why the hell aren't we using one of them on a permanent basis? Private schools always welcome an injection of funds.

As for "not having enough time" - I could argue that A-League clubs have more time than others to get things right. That's what the pre-season is for. If HQ got off its backside we could play a whole series of matches against VPL opposition, not just one or two with the rest being against under-age pick-up sides. How many clubs were actually overseas in pre-season while we were fff... around playing Latrobe University?

As Melburnian says, the longer this goes on and the more excuses are trotted out, the more we see that it's not just a change in coach that we need.

Agree he isn't. Was more so stating that JA shouldn't have to deal with board matters, he can't even deal with being the gaffer.

Does anyone know what he was saying?

I don't know about then but straight after one of migs goals he turned to the premium a section (aka coaching advisors) and I lip read "c'mon you fuckn cunts!!!" (Presented with mucho passion)

Now lip reading is always a risky thing, he may have actually said "I'm on YouTube mum!!!"

Edited by Cinnamon
  • Like 1

Can't question this bloke's passion and commitment to the cause, credit's due where credit's due.

However, I still don't think he's up to A-League standard but I'd like to think if we did replace him, he'd stay on and serve his apprenticeship with us as an assistant or youth developer. 

• Like 3

I definitely gained some respect for JA after that, but it doesn't really change anything. He still hasn't done anything to justify keeping the job. I've been quite vocal for a long time in my belief he needs to go, but I'd be more than happy for him to turn things around. The point he was trying to make with that, which was further evident in the post match talk, is that he has been here from day 1 and loves this club just like all of us, and I think he made his passion clear. But that isn't doing any good if he can't get the results.

I am optimistic for next week for some reason, surely last chance for JA to turn it around.

• Like 3

I definitely gained some respect for JA after that, but it doesn't really change anything. He still hasn't done anything to justify keeping the job. I've been quite vocal for a long time in my belief he needs to go, but I'd be more than happy for him to turn things around. The point he was trying to make with that, which was further evident in the post match talk, is that he has been here from day 1 and loves this club just like all of us, and I think he made his passion clear. But that isn't doing any good if he can't get the results.

I am optimistic for next week for some reason, surely last chance for JA to turn it around.

I think the most refreshing thing is despite all of the shit we have given him, he still respects and stands by the fans which is really important.

If he can get the results then I'd love for him to stick around, I've said numerous times that he's a champion person. But football is a results business and evidence of a turnaround in the club's fortunes on the park need to surface swiftly. 

• Like 1

Seeing JA at the end of the match, and watching the replay, there is no doubt that Aloisi has the passion and desire, whether or not this can result in wins, I'm not to sure about. But he has definently earned my respect. A part of me thinks, that maybe the silent protest was needed, to fully show the emotion of the fans which may have been something needed to get the team going, no doubt they had already known how we felt. As much as I think JA wants to and could possibly stay on, I think for the club, it is best that we have a change, to allow us all to move forward, but my respect for JA definently increased after today. 

Draw a job saver for Aloisi

Michael Lynch   December 2, 2013

Melbourne Heart boss John Aloisi saluted his team's second-half fightback against Adelaide United that may have saved his job - for the time being at least.

Heart - and Aloisi's coaching career - looked finished at half time, with Adelaide 2-0 up. But Andrea Migliorini inspired the home team to come back and take an improbable 3-2 lead before surrendering the initiative in the final quarter hour. Marcelo Carrusca's deflected free kick brought the visitors a share of the spoils in a 3-3 draw.

Aloisi had shown his huge relief with a highly emotional celebration when Migliorini, whose opening wonder strike from a long range brought Heart back into the game, equalised in the second half.

But after the match, Aloisi was calm and collected, declaring that he and the players were, in fact, unhappy not to have taken all three points after David Williams' penalty with some 20 minutes to go had put them 3-2 up.

''Of course we're disappointed, we wanted to win. But I loved the reaction of my players. As a club - as a group - we are sticking together, everyone is working to get through this.''

''This'' being Heart's dreadful start to the season. Before this match, they had scored three goals in seven games, a total they equalled in 45 minutes on Sunday afternoon.

Although this was only a draw and they remain winless and at the foot of the table with just three points out of a possible 24, it will have felt like a victory for the red and whites - and a loss for Adelaide, who led 2-0 at the break.

Whether a 45-minute revival is enough to kick-start Heart's season - next week they travel to take on high-riding Western Sydney Wanderers at Parramatta - remains to be seen. But certainly the second-half commitment will give Aloisi and fans hope.

The coach said he had not thought about his own perilous position at half time when he addressed his players.

''I felt 'Let's get this right'. I felt in the first half we weren't doing things right, we were making silly mistakes.

''I will never give up, I will fight, and we had to correct what was going wrong in the first half. We spoke about being fearless.''

Aloisi shared an exchange with supporters after the match. ''I wanted to thank them. It's a difficult time for them … But this is a time when the club really needs to stick together.''

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/draw-a-job-saver-for-aloisi-20131201-2yjva.html

When JA came over to the southern end at the end of the game I originally thought he was challenging anyone who wanted to cross the barrier for a fight.

He then went on to come closer and started beating his chest. Does anyone know what he was saying?

First he was a bit passive saying "I'm with you".

Then he just saw red and went a bit berzerk, skreamimg "I'm fucking Heart, I'm fucking Heart"...

• Like 3

Fulham Melbourne Heart have sacked manager Martin Jol John Aloisi after defeat at it's draw with West Ham Adelaide United on Saturday Sunday extended their winless run to six eight consecutive games.

The club announced Rene Meulensteen Gerald Nus would take over responsibility for the first team, stepping up to the top job having only been recruited last month as head coach to assist Jol Aloisi.

Fulham Heart chairman Shahid Khan Peter Sidwell said in a statement on the club's official website: "Today I spoke with Martin John to thank him for his efforts on behalf of Fulham Melbourne Heart Football Club over the past three seasons.

"Martin John was very gracious and I appreciate his understanding of the situation. There is no question Martin John is an excellent football man and he has my utmost respect for the commitment he made to our club. However, our poor form and results this season are undeniable, and Fulham Heart supporters deserve better. With more than half the season still ahead, an immediate change was necessary."

Breaking news from a Heart HQ... Edited by LR9
  • Like 4

I think he was saying "I love Melbourne Heart" for most of the chest beating. Was a really cool scene with him shouting at the crowd and the crowd shouting back at him, except it's a bit lame when you consider we just had a draw against another shit side that we were leading 20 minutes prior. 

I found all those after match things really cool until I considered the result. All the whole symbolism of "I'm with you" and "I play for the shirt and the shirt belongs to you" and all that crap is a lot cooler when you win, not when you have a slightly deflating draw. 

• Like 1

ok we had a draw and played with some passion in the second , we were absolute shite in the first half and it still showed( by the same tactics) that JA has not got the nous to be an A league coach yet

OK he is passionate, but so am I , does that make me an A league coach

• Like 1

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have never came back from being 2 goals down.

So to get up and lead 3:2 was a monumental effort.

However again we just couldn't hold on to it and pick up 3 points we so desperately needed.

Faded again.......as we always do.

Now off to Sydney to beat nz knights record.

Anyone got footage of aloisi after the game? I'm overseas and haven't seen it

There is some on youtube. The club sent an email out at approx 11pm last night with a link to it

edit: i deleted said email so cant share it sorry

Edited by Cinnamon

ok we had a draw and played with some passion in the second , we were absolute shite in the first half and it still showed( by the same tactics) that JA has not got the nous to be an A league coach yet

According to the MH Board yes it does. So, when do we sign you up?

Yeah exactly. Passion should be a given. If JA really cared about the club he would admit he's not up to standard and resign. 

John Aloisi: I haven't been saved from the sack An emotional John Aloisi praised his players for 'showing what they were made of' in a 3-3 draw with Adelaide, but flatly denied suggestions the performance had saved him from the sack.

Heart fought back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 against the Reds at AAMI Park on Sunday, before conceding to settle for a point and remain winless after eight matches of the 2013-14 A-League season.

While their results have been largely forgettable so far this term, few can question the spirit of the Heart players, some of whom ran to embrace Aloisi after Andrea Migliorini's stunning strike sparked the home team's fight-back.

Facing the media after the game, Aloisi revealed what he told his players at half-time to inspire their dramatic recovery.

"I said, 'once we score, you wait and see the crowd get behind you. Let's show (them) what we're made of. This is where you show what type of person you are. You don't give up. Let's make sure we give everything in the second half.' And I loved the reaction from the players."

When asked if he felt at half-time that he might be about to spend his last 45 minutes as Heart coach, Aloisi was unequivocal in his response: "No."

"What I thought at half-time was 'let's get this right.' I think you know me well enough to know that I'll never give up.

"I'll fight and that's what I want from my players.

The former Socceroos striker celebrated his team's equaliser on the touchline as wildly as any of his own famous strikes, before applauding the crowd and thumping his chest in front of the stands at the final whistle.

"I wanted to thank them ... it's a difficult time for them," he said of the very public display at the end of the contest.

"I understand that. They don't want to be down the bottom, they don't want to be losing. They want to be successful and so do we. I just wanted to show that we've got that connection. Players, coaches, board - with the supporters. We're in it together. I hope they know that.

"I know they had a silent protest in the first half but in the second half they did not stop. They just kept on growing and growing and I wanted to thank them for it.

"I've been here since day one. This club means a lot to me. And they need to know that. We're working hard to get through this difficult time."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/john-aloisi--i-haven-t-been-saved-from-the-sack/79585

• Like 1

I think Aloisi should have just opened his mouth after a string of good performances over the next few games. This draw wasn't even a good performance. It's all not very professional. The game is about performances and results, I don't give a f*** how much JA cares about the club, if Guus came for a year and helped us get into the grand final and then left like a mercenary cos he doesn't care about the club, I would be fine with that. 

It's great to have people care about the club, players and coaches alike, but seriously this is a professional environment and they have a job to do. They are being paid to perform a function, which is to win and perform on the field. Not to be a clown.

• Like 2

Can Aloisi take this club to the AFC Champions League final? Only once has an A-League club made it that far, and that's what this club should be aiming at.

Not making the top six of a ten team league.

If we got there I would be one if the first to fly to Asia and cheer boys on.

ATM I'm pretty sure this wont happen for at least 3 years.

If current regime stays in place, it will never happen.

Can Aloisi take this club to the AFC Champions League final? Only once has an A-League club made it that far, and that's what this club should be aiming at.

If we got there I would be one if the first to fly to Asia and cheer boys on.

ATM I'm pretty sure this wont happen for at least 3 years.

If current regime stays in place, it will never happen. If we make the ACL final in the next 1,095 days I'll shout everyone a slab.

Ambition? Wow thought I'd never see the day.

Glad someone else has the same ambition as me. The club sure as hell don't.

To answer your question. No he can't. That's why he should be replaced.

• Like 1

We really have our objectives set on becoming the Munich 1860 or Espanyol of the A-League, the shit-sibling club. We have no ambition beyond that

That would be true under our current board. Their goal is to survive on a hand-to-mouth existence. Makes you wonder why they even bothered to get an A-league license?

However, new owners might see that HeartFC is undervalued and has plenty of scope for growth in Australia's second biggest city. They might have a wider, Asian view of the HAL and be prepared to spend a bit extra to really create momentum. One can only hope.

New board, fresh ideas, going for growth and silverware :up:

Edited by HEARTinator

We really have our objectives set on becoming the Munich 1860 or Espanyol of the A-League, the shit-sibling club. We have no ambition beyond that

That would be true under our current board. Their goal is to survive on a hand-to-mouth existence. Makes you wonder why they even bothered to get an A-league license?

However, new owners might see that HeartFC is undervalued and has plenty of scope for growth in Australia's second biggest city. They might have a wider, Asian view of the HAL and be prepared to spend a bit extra to really create momentum. One can only hope.

New board, fresh ideas, going for growth and silverware :up:

live in hope !